Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #31
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Yeah, I pretty much like the 'exchanging aspect' of companions. Imo it's very good way how to add premium or boss content without making its users insanely OP. This is also one possible way, how to make dmg jewels in the future.

Only thing, I'd like to see concentration changed. It's good to see 1conc over 70 = 0.1cs, but we all know how Cast speed works, 0.1 is nothing.
That leads to companion Sacred Tiger being kinda stronger. -10conc is nothing.

What I'd propose is, making concentration more important attribute. If 1conc == 0.5cs, then it'd mean something.
We will have to do a complete analysis of the stats situation someday (as I already said several times). Some attributes need it, as you stated. But you know... first things first
Old 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #32
Farael
Pledge

Farael is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Say whatever you want, but there is no imbalance about the Companions. They TAKE something in exchange.

In battle, 75 mana could be the difference between being able to cast or not a crucial spell. 190 health, the same with hits. There is a relation of importance of the stat in order to take something of the same value in exchange of something of the same value. Companions are for preference of attribute. Not like a ring, not like a piece of armor.
let me put it this way; in this case, they take something 'weak' to give something strong

for a mage, 75mana is no sacrifice at all. the total amount of mana doesn't make any difference. the only thing which matters is the ability to regenerate mana. so loosing 75 mana isn't a loos at all but gaining 10 constitution is huge. it doesn't just give health. it also adds spell resistance and health regeneration. for mages buying this premium content, there is no drawback, is just a win, and a really huge one, cause to gain constitution is the hardest thing on a mage

i don't play archers or warriors, so i can't say much about them. but i know, that the mana regeneration rate of these classes is incredible high. much higher than for mages who absolutely rely on mana. anyway, loosing 75 mana here doesn't seem to be a big deal neither for what i'm gaining in return

constitution is at the moment the strongest attribute in the game and 'sacrificing' a bit of mana is totally worth it

giving this possibility just to paying users creates imbalance. combined with all the other pay2win content is just deepens the gap between a paying and a free user

Quote:
Imbalance should be giving without taking.
as i mentioned, the loss is almost not existent but the profit is huge, which is imbalance
according to you, taking 10 concentration and giving 50 extra dmg wouldn't create imbalance neither, cause you take something for it in exchange. but that's wrong. it just prevents imbalance if you take something which is worth the amount you give. and with this compañero it isn't the case

Quote:
Stop complaining and let us add content to keep the game alive. Servers don't pay themselves.
if you don't want ppl to discuss your stuff don't post it here. i know that you have to earn money with the game, but in the long run that will just work, if you are able to make ppl play this game. but why would ppl play a free2play game, if it is just pay2win?
i don't mind you adding premium content, as long as it doesn't affect the balance
add costumes, mounts, emotes, personalization, boosts and stuff like this. things which save you time, allow you to personalize your pj and so on, but again, nothing which adds inequality. that will just work in the short run

Quote:
Yes, I'm angry, I can be from time to time :rant:
nothing wrong about that, it's just the human nature

Quote:
It's sad to see players like you. This game deserves better
Best,
thank god this game has players like you!
Old 06-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #33
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
Now this is discussing. Your other post was nothing but shameful. See, it's not so hard to give it an analysis.

BUT...

Constitution does not give much spell resistance, but more resistance to knockdowns or stuns (and 10 CON doesn't change that much, almost nothing).

10 Constitution does not give Health Regeneration. Health Regeneration is a perecentage, and if it goes up is because the Maximum Health has gone up. Don't mix up things.

We analyzed this carefully before applying it. Next time start with a post like this one, and you will get a proper reply.

Last edited by Adrian; 06-06-2015 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Error
Adrian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:04 PM   #34
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Constitution does not give spell resistance, but resistance to knockdowns or stuns (and 10 CON doesn't change that much, almost nothing).
The description says this forever now. Can you explain this further please. Is there a way to tell how much CON is knockdown/stun resist in %?

Steadiness + Def support which gives me 90% knock resistance + a high CON value as a knight seem to fail a lot more since the update, several knocks in a row. Did you change something there, or maybe just bad luck. Knock spam used to be a waste on def support, now it pays off.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #35
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i don't play archers or warriors, so i can't say much about them. but i know, that the mana regeneration rate of these classes is incredible high. much higher than for mages who absolutely rely on mana. anyway, loosing 75 mana here doesn't seem to be a big deal neither for what i'm gaining in return
I'm sorry for being harsh to you, didn't know you have no idea about other classes than mages. I'll tell you, mana is really important attribute for knight.

Anyway, the reason why you think other classes have higher mana regen than mages is that mages have much more base mana in general, so the same amount of mana you see on the mana bar is much smaller for mage than for warrior, although it's the same amount of mana. In general, the differences between mana regen of mages and other classes are low.

Quote:
thank god this game has players like you!
Agreed bro, agreed!
Old 06-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #36
Farael
Pledge

Quote:
Constitution does not give much spell resistance, but more resistance to knockdowns or stuns (and 10 CON doesn't change that much, almost nothing).

10 Constitution does not give Health Regeneration. Health Regeneration is a perecentage, and if it goes up is because the Maximum Health has gone up. Don't mix up things.
i'll give that to you. since the RNG update i didn't test all the effects of the different stats and the character sheet doesn't make a difference between global spell resistance and resistance to knockdowns and stuns
even tho you are right about this one, we are still at the same point: 10 const change these stats and it doesn't matter if this is caused by the const itself or the increased health it generates

keeping this in mind, the user of this content gets a lot of advantages for almost no drawback. this advantages may seem small, but where you wanna draw the line?
which premium imbalance is acceptable and which isn't? and adding lots of this small advantages will one day summarize to a big advantage. if you start like this again, how can any user believe, that you are really aware of the problems all this premium content generates and that you are willing to close the gap between normal and premium user? the gap is already so big, instead of making it even bigger you should lessen it

Quote:
I'm sorry for being harsh to you, didn't know you have no idea about other classes than mages. I'll tell you, mana is really important attribute for knight.
i never said, that mana isn't important but what i said is, that the regeneration is way more important. the only question you can discuss here is, if 75 mana hurts a knight or not. and even tho i don't play knight i can't imagine that there is a huge difference between having a total mana pool of x or or x-75

Quote:
Anyway, the reason why you think other classes have higher mana regen than mages is that mages have much more base mana in general, so the same amount of mana you see on the mana bar is much smaller for mage than for warrior, although it's the same amount of mana. In general, the differences between mana regen of mages and other classes are low.
don't worry, i don't measure the regeneration of mana by taking the time the mana bar takes to fill up
maybe i didn't put this precisely enough
i'm not talking about the base manaregeneration in general, cause this doesn't matter very much. what is interessting is the mana regeneration during combat. and the amount of mana warriors and archers regenerate is much higher than mages as long as they haven't changed that lately. this means, that while hitting someone or getting hit by someone a warrior or an archer will regenerate much more mana than a mage will in the same amount of time. therefore i still think that 75 mana more or less doesn't matter that much cause you still have an incredible high rgeneration rate

Quote:
Agreed bro, agreed!
at least one point we have the same opinion about
Old 06-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #37
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
which premium imbalance is acceptable and which isn't? and adding lots of this small advantages will one day summarize to a big advantage. if you start like this again, how can any user believe, that you are really aware of the problems all this premium content generates and that you are willing to close the gap between normal and premium user? the gap is already so big, instead of making it even bigger you should lessen itt
Companions are not stackable, and don't forget: they are VISIBLE. Isn't that a drawback? Your enemy knowing one of your stats?

Let's not make a fuss about something we already shown where the line is drawn. Either we accept a bit of something interesting but controlled, or Premium Items get to be unappealing and thus, no one buying them.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #38
Farael
Pledge

Quote:
Companions are not stackable, and don't forget: they are VISIBLE. Isn't that a drawback? Your enemy knowing one of your stats?
if you could explain to me how it is a disadvantage if your opponent knows that you have increased health, increased resistances and increased health regeneration?
i also know about ppl having tons of vm on their set, or tons of mejoras on their armor?
but that still doesn't help me, i still have the disadvantage fighting them and running away to avoid the fight can't be the idea about that

Quote:
Let's not make a fuss about something we already shown where the line is drawn. Either we accept a bit of something interesting but controlled, or Premium Items get to be unappealing and thus, no one buying them.
or you add premium content which doesn't affect balance. i know a lot of players, who own more then one mount, who own many different clothing, who regularly change the look of their set, their hairs, etc., just to gain more facha or because they simply get bored of their look. you've added boosters for everything and sets de poderes to make things easier for premium user which is totally fine. i even guess that if you would have added the compañeros without giving any advantage a lot of players would have bought them, simply because they look cool. instead of changing attributes you could have added for example more inventory capacity for the owner. you know, all this things are useful, but they don't give an advantage in combat
adding more stuff like this will still grant you earnings, but it will as well make the game more interesting and specially will stop ppl from leaving cause of this premium imbalance
you may say, that somtimes it is hard to think of new stuff to add, which doesn't affect gameplay and i agree with you but i'm sure there are thousands of ideas in the community. start a post, ask the ppl for their wishes and i guarantee you, that you will find things which aren't to hard to implement, which will give money to you and which won't make the game imbalanced

cause saying we need to create imbalance in order to make enough money to keep this game alive..
i don't know, to me that sounds like giving up
Old 06-06-2015, 03:35 PM   #39
Ludwig Von Mises
Banned

Ludwig Von Mises is on a distinguished road

This is a thread i made a while back, its about places that are not really in use and that could be great places to have battles. I guess my advice wasn't taken.

I think NGD doesn't realize that the main reason players leave is because theres very little to do, sense they took TDM out that was like taking the heart out of the game. Further, this game has some nice places where most players wish they could have battles at but nothings been done to use these places. Thats kind of sad. What a waste of a game.

Sense NGD seems to say they want players to come back and new players to play etc, most of what they are doing is tweaking with the spells instead of making places that the spells we already have may be used. Most people don't leave because semi imbalances or differences in classes that give an advantage to one class in certain situations over another. They leave because theres very little to do, and places that should be used are not incentivized or encouraged to be used like the image i showed on that thread i started a while back. Here: http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...d.php?t=104868

Also, you haven't answered my question on why these changes or in your words supposedly "fixed" this: Dancing while in movement? Why remove that? Did that cause some kind of imbalance in the game?

You just removed what little those few players that still play this game enjoyed. Just so you know i can do the moonwalk. :P Thats called dancing while in movement.

You may not even answer this post sense i pledged not to buy anything from this game anymore "if" i didn't receive an apology from NGD for banning my forum account without cause.

Last edited by Ludwig Von Mises; 06-06-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Ludwig Von Mises no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #40
Farael
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post
sense they took TDM out that was like taking the heart out of the game.
i stopped reading at this point cause you have obviously no idea what this game is about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post
You may not even answer this post sense i pledged not buy anything from this game anymore "if" i didn't receive an apology from NGD for banning my forum account without cause.
i assume you got banned for constantly spamming crap like this or for simply being a dick

Tags
amun, invasions