Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #31
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaril View Post
The sad thing with Syrtis-Horus is its often near impossible to co-ordinate because people simply do not listen to each other, regardless of level, experiance, etc... The man with the loudest mouth tends to lead, not the voice of reason.

One man cannot stear the zerg ...

Which is a shame as when co-ordinated you realy see the benifit, Just hunting or Warring with other members from INQ many many times I have seen us win against the odds with real tacitcs and co-ordination,

But when you throw the whole of Syrtis in there are to many people who try to lead, and to many of these people are idiots, and to many of these people are followed... One of the many reasons I prefer to think of Syrtis as a uneasy alliance of clans than a realm
it's pretty common knowledge that you do better when you hunt with your clan, oh kicking the ass out of groups that outnumber you 1 to 3 is something I've done with GoP too and everyone else has done with their clan.

Yes too many people who wants to lead are idiots who has no clue about what they are doing, they just shout stuff, a lot of the times it's a guy new to the war zone who tries this too but he usually gets shushed or stfu'ed at even if what he says is true. even if it isn't people could still try to be nice before getting pissed off for not taking on the advice 200 other people advices him to do >_>.

To the OP, I have heard there are quite the drama on ignis so I guess there are shit in all realms, usually I bash platyna for thinking you can become a regnum god with better items or warjurers.
Oh yes and I complain about people who stand at cs complaining about there ain't any battles going on.
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:01 AM   #32
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by veluchami View Post
Maybe they wouldnt be on a break if they had had the same fun as before They just used to roam around freely forever without any challenge, but now things have been a different. Also after 1.0.7 lotta ppl have started hunters, which has taken people out of fort wars :/ which is both a good and bad thing. Good for the grinders. Bad for people who like fort wars.
Nah they are gone cause of school and life, one of them moved to another game completely. Namus is back, Panoramix I am not sure if he'll return and Rulez is most likely gone for good since he found a new game he enjoys more.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #33
Henri_Freundlich
Pledge

Henri_Freundlich is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saryad View Post
i sure as hell dont have much [patience](apart from a select few who are really quite nice)
Of course, not everyone has the *patience* to work with all kinds of people.

Outside of clan (including new potentials - working with *all* stakeholders) to come up with something that everyone can participate in, ragardless of skill.

People on "the other side" (same realm) may just turn it into a hatefest, denouncing/discrediting the typist. Too quiet, too lazy etc etc etc.

Overall Management is *the key*. Case in point: TV show "The Apprentice" and "The Apprentice UK"

- Ulrin

p.s: Everyone ( in Alsius::Horus ) probably knows this, but my area of expertise is pretty much *limited* to Mage.

I don't consider myself to be a stellar mage.

Even though RO itself is a game, management isn't.
Henri_Freundlich no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #34
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

Only real problem with Alsius is the lack of involvement from higher leveled players to retake forts that are lost. Most would rather grind for that uber gem...and why...so they can hit the next mob harder since all they do is pve.

Alsius needs to get move invovled in retaking lost forts and then pushing to take an enemies fort. I don't care about invasions, I'll protect against them but I won't start one. I have a personal belief on this matter as I feel it ruined a big aspect of the game.

As for "management" of individuals - the only people you can manage are the indivdiuals in your clan and no one else. Rules have to be put in-place for the clan to be effective in war. Basically a bug rule in our clan that says..."If you are lvl 37 or above....and we need you at a fort...you best be there." And it's simple...if you don't obey the rules of the clan your not in the clan.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #35
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

Actually, when reading this forum it looks to me like Alsius(Horus)'s main problem is defeatism. Most people don't believe anymore that they can win a fight and then just leave. When you lose, think about what went wrong and how youc an do better and try again until you win. Alsius(Ra) managed to win quite a lot of fights in which we were outnumbered badly with this way until we lost our organization.
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #36
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkySven View Post
Actually, when reading this forum it looks to me like Alsius(Horus)'s main problem is defeatism. Most people don't believe anymore that they can win a fight and then just leave. When you lose, think about what went wrong and how youc an do better and try again until you win. Alsius(Ra) managed to win quite a lot of fights in which we were outnumbered badly with this way until we lost our organization.
yeah i understand what you mean but theres also a different meaning of being outnumbered.

on ra your being outnumbered situations are 20 vs 35-40 (just as a example)

on horus it's 5 on 15-20 and if we lack the proper classes we are messed up even more.

we do often look back and see what we could improve on but also situations like a stated can make things next to impossible
Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #37
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutu View Post
yeah i understand what you mean but theres also a different meaning of being outnumbered.

on ra your being outnumbered situations are 20 vs 35-40 (just as a example)

on horus it's 5 on 15-20 and if we lack the proper classes we are messed up even more.

we do often look back and see what we could improve on but also situations like a stated can make things next to impossible
Nono, I was talking about the old days, when Ra was just a bit larger than Horus is today.
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #38
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

If you put your heads to it, you can do wonders. We were just watching you hold Menirah right now. Even against a much larger Ignis zerg you held well. Teamplay and good sense will take you a long way even on uneven odds. You are in a unique situation where you can really shine and stand out as a realm. Coordinate and keep fighting with the tenacity we saw in Alsius Ra in Ra's early days. They were outnumbered too and yet they conquered.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #39
ArchmagusArcana
Master

ArchmagusArcana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30ernest View Post
If you put your heads to it, you can do wonders. We were just watching you hold Menirah right now. Even against a much larger Ignis zerg you held well. Teamplay and good sense will take you a long way even on uneven odds. You are in a unique situation where you can really shine and stand out as a realm. Coordinate and keep fighting with the tenacity we saw in Alsius Ra in Ra's early days. They were outnumbered too and yet they conquered.
I completely agree, that is part of what Alsirian Legion is trying to do. As always, it boils down to getting people to listen and act with direction. Please note im not trying to turn this into a flame or a burn on anyone, but it seems to me that when we do something as a clan, even if we are fewer in number, we tend to do better than a mixed group with more players. I suspect that most clans tend to have the same experience. The hard part is how to turn that clan cohesion into realm-wide tactics.

I have said before, that this is stellar practice to make us better. IF we can do well with less people, imagine what we can do when we have the same amount of people as other realms do. Still though, sometimes it gets goddamn frustrating and one just needs to walk away for a bit.
ArchmagusArcana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #40
Yawney
Apprentice

Yawney is on a distinguished road

No disrespect but Alsius/Ra were doing this before many updates such as guards made stronger, door's health improved and upgradeable forts. Which means the almost brainless area spam at the door didn't last as long.
Yawney no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote