General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #31
Mellion
Banned

Mellion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
I have an idea... why don't we just make all spells with instant casting and you can attack while moving with every class?
that would be so much more fun for everyone right?
yes!

Taken Casting/Attacking away from moving is hell! (Or keep at least what it is now.)

Why do you make yourself so much work with this "update" nobody asked you for?

RO has an unique combat system and THIS is it what makes it superior to those million dollar games.

I could have played Wow for free on several accounts but I stopped playing it after 1-2 days. Because combat sucks there. And you want it to be exactly that way.

Look at your logs how much time I spend with this account ingame. I don't regret a single minute. I wouldnt write here if i am not up to spend the same time again.
Mellion no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #32
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

Yes what edge said about the Casting while moving. that was Amazing being able cast your buffs and even my areas while moving. it made barb Very Dynamic and Fun.
Attacking for Warriors Seem to be very Slow and sluggish having to stop and buff really drags the Game down and it seems in war having to stop my character from moving so i can cast a Instant Spell Seems Very Wrong.

for Barb spells now most should become instant. Ripost/Whirlwind ect or when casting these spells the character should auto stop like it use to.

for mages/archers.

Casting time should be Removed for most spells except areas and some minor Buffs. the global Cooldown + Casting time makes the game feel very slow for Range Classes.

You have a good Concept of the Update you just need to cut out some Areas of it. i hope you keep on testing and use the feedback we give you to better this game.

cheers
Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #33
dani-o
Duke

Location: gracias kailer por los -38 de karma ¬¬ ... De nada. Kailer
dani-o will become famous soon enoughdani-o will become famous soon enough

Quote:
its not for casting, but for normal attacks
i think is not working at all...

first pic on RA second pic on AMUN

the only thing i see is 10% DMG reduction, in both cases i have selected the lion out of range, and waited until the lion came near me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot 2009-09-17 15_48_52.jpg (155.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot 2009-09-17 15_56_30.jpg (147.0 KB, 49 views)

if you can shot from a 40mts range, and actually move faster than a class that can only attack you from 1.5 mts... how in the world are those guys going to be able even reach you? -chilko-
dani-o no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #34
Inkster
Count

Inkster has a spectacular aura aboutInkster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I have an idea... why don't we just make all spells with instant casting and you can attack while moving with every class?
that would be so much more fun for everyone right?

About as much fun as standing still in a group or solo opposite an opponent/s throwing spells or shooting arrows at each other. Oh wait.....
Old 09-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #35
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkster View Post
About as much fun as standing still in a group or solo opposite an opponent/s throwing spells or shooting arrows at each other. Oh wait.....
Ranged classes have become standing monuments. Only the warriors will do serious running now. Everyone is going to just stand, because as a ranged class if you move a bit, you interrupt your precious time for another hit.

It feels basically like being locked in a cage, you can't move, and are forced to click a lot, but with little effect.
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #36
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Edge- View Post
Ranged classes have become standing monuments. Only the warriors will do serious running now. Everyone is going to just stand, because as a ranged class if you move a bit, you interrupt your precious time for another hit.

It feels basically like being locked in a cage, you can't move, and are forced to click a lot, but with little effect.
if you can shot and move from a 40mts range... and actually move faster than a class that can only attack you from 1.5 mts...

how in the world are those guys going to be able even reach you?
we tried to lower the backpedaling speed and you didn't even agree to that.

Maybe our next game will be ranged only as it seems that we have a lot of experience doing that kind of gameplay. But, we need to make this work. We can't have 1/3rd of the game just broken.
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #37
Pnarpa
Master

Pnarpa is on a distinguished road

Just tested it... This game has lost its dynamics and now feels like any other mmorpg.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #38
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe our next game will be ranged only as it seems that we have a lot of experience doing that kind of gameplay.
http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum...ad.php?t=48603

VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #39
Southern_Filly
Pledge

Southern_Filly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,

We have uploaded some fixes to Amun to continue testing the combat system

Trying:

* Retaliation and Low profile have been changed to casting time 0. Please remember that the casting times of many spells may need to be revised and nothing is definitive.

Please,

Continue reporting bugs and suggestions in this thread

Thank you for giving this a try, really like it! Now can we try to make ambush the range of the bow?
just tried again and there are a few bugs (that i wouldnt mind keeping.. but.....)
1. the range is off, i can hit with my 20m bow from 25-30m away and the sam with my 25 and 30... from 5-10 m away.
2. i can attack back to back the person behind me.. like this but guess is the right thing to report. Sorry if someone already reported in this thread, i have not read them all.

Last edited by Southern_Filly; 09-17-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Southern_Filly no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #40
Shotya
Pledge

Shotya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
if you can shot and move from a 40mts range... and actually move faster than a class that can only attack you from 1.5 mts...

how in the world are those guys going to be able even reach you?
we tried to lower the backpedaling speed and you didn't even agree to that.
we can't have 1/3rd of the game just broken.

I agree things needed to be fixed. I agree the starfe shooting and back peddling needed to be fixed. However making it so we as archers cant turn or move at all to defend ourselves in a 1vs1 is crazy.
It will either be everyone drops there hunters or they roll 20 deep then realm numbers will come into play.
Reduce the marksmans range make them more like hunters with just additional damage. Maybe give them camo to and seriously reduce damage.
I really don't know how to tell you to fix your game all I know is I have leveled a character and spent time on quests and gathering equipment and now I don't even want to play it.
Shotya no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread