Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #31
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

I will just partially quote Kyrottimus to express my feels about archers since 1.0.8, i know this is a Warrior thread but it seems most issues affect all classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrottimus View Post

*Animations: All new archer animations are lame and they are not in sync with actual attack or sound effects.

*Phantom-shots: Maybe intended, maybe not. I personally think this is a result of the screwed up animations + GCD.

*Transitioning between normals and spells/buffs is WAY too slow and cumbersome

*Spells like Repetition shot, ..., are not practical at all to use anymore

*Weapon speed no longer seems to dictate spell-piggybacking after a normal attack

*Movement canceling spells/buffs really throws archer combat "flow" out the window.

In term of balance i find it better, having a warrior on you often ends in archer/mage's death. In term of fun, i think something was lost for all.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:52 AM   #32
jbhero
Pledge

jbhero is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 to Everything the others have said above and then some more. The dynamism has been completely knocked off the table. I just loath everytime I stand still, waiting for something to happen on the barb...

I repeat what I have said before, the game is just turn based game now, with no dynamics at all. You hit me, I hit you, you hit me, I hit you...rinse and repeat, until someone dies.
jbhero no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #33
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

I cant hit ANY moving target with my hammer, only with spear, this was not so pre 1.0.8, either the atk area was reduced of the new positions dont work well in movement.

I also still often see NPC's in the wrong location and need to use other warriors attacking 'air' to guess were it realy is.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #34
Kyrottimus
Baron

Kyrottimus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaril View Post
I cant hit ANY moving target with my hammer, only with spear, this was not so pre 1.0.8, either the atk area was reduced of the new positions dont work well in movement.

I also still often see NPC's in the wrong location and need to use other warriors attacking 'air' to guess were it realy is.
I agree. Whatever changed, not only does it, like jbhero said, seem to becoming a turn-based and boring melee system, but positioning is worse than ever before.

I can target a mob or enemy, and while in attack mode run in a straight line through them, only doing "phantom" swings and never once really logging an attack.

Target, circle, phantom swings only. I'm right on top of enemy/mob and all I get are the awkward animations. It's like 1.06 all over again but worse; phantom swings give you that false sense of success and it makes it harder for you to reposition to run around and log an actual hit.

1.0.7's positioning was not perfect, but it was light-years better than how it is in 1.0.8.
Kyrottimus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #35
kmdk
Master

kmdk is on a distinguished road

Well wath i can say..is more bad like was ever.I spendet lots of money in this game helpping ngd to make good one.....but now the combat is very dificult ,static ,just all classes stay wait a lots to buff or cast speels,they said he will be dinamic....duno how...if you move all is screwed.Maybe programers have a hrad work but this version distroy all classes...
I dont care about anothers nerfs....only barbs hit now like knights .and position bug is more bad...anymation hit.but duno what he doit..nothing in log...not evade..nothing
Allrady lots of players leaved this game .....becamed to boring...i know ngd don't want players want don't expand money,but lots of premium players leaved...i thinked to level all my chars..but no point just i can play anymore.al is luck n this game...nothing caculated...stats of wepons=0 i make some dmg with one normal sword for lvl 48 sometimes more like satraco's one.so wy should i buy lucky boxes if status=0 ?
Well if this game continue like that will leave more..
Btw i don't care about nerfs,premium tec...the new combat system make the game boring....one game of this type must be more fast like Unreal,Quake 3 to be atractive not to be more slow...take one coofe and get back to see if you buffed.
Will be nice to have nice sounds like Quake 3,humiliation etc.....
Anyway wariors just run around now in hope they can hit somethig.....this position bug or new system is very bad.
I hope i the future update to fix that ..if not are enaught games to play on internet .competition is hard.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #36
Kyrottimus
Baron

Kyrottimus will become famous soon enough

The implications of this discussion have me motivated to start a new thread which moves beyond the impact on warriors alone, but all classes.

I shall make it here in General discussion and add a poll.
Kyrottimus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote