Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #31
Syd_Vicious
Initiate

Syd_Vicious is on a distinguished road

Here is my two cents:

For OP about clan leadership meetings, I attempted to set this up a while ago when TrueWar was bitching about people not following him. The idea was to meet at Hopstad with mostly clan leaders and experienced players to talk out some things and then kill dragon and execute tactics as discussed. Most the leadership from all the clans met at hopstad, but skipped the meeting and killed dragon instead. Nothing was resolved.

I have also tried to talk people into coming to war either for defense or offensive manuevers using multiple methods: dictator, ego challenges, ego lifting, asking nicely, etc... Not a whole lot works when people are not satisfied with how the current situation is. I think the best response I got is when I told the realm that Alasthor had spawned in Herb. I agree with Edge on the current status of the requirement for communication and game mechanics not helping this at all.

Communication would be further hampered by creating an elder exclusive clan because once you are in the elder clan you are no longer in the same clique of your former clan. In addition to this clans have different goals and agendas as you have stated @ the OP. At current state a clan full of experienced players is just a clan full of experienced players, with no sway over any other particular clan.

Don't get me wrong, things go great when people finally get off there high horse and listen, but communication at a macro level will not fix the communication issues at the micro level.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #32
BigManOnCampus
Initiate

BigManOnCampus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Edge- View Post
Mixed bag fort wars are pretty uncommon now, usually in each realm a clan as a whole goes to war.
I cannot remember the last time I went to war/defense in Alsius and there wasn't a completely mixed bag of clans around me. In short, I completely disagree with that single statement. MOST times I'm fighting either to take a fort from Ignis/Syrtis or defend one of our own, I'm fighting alongside people from 5,10 even 15 different clans at times.
BigManOnCampus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #33
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

All this talk of leadership organization and councils of leaders and weekly meetings... what for? Ignis doesn't do that, Syrtis doesn't do that... and yes, we do have plenty of morons that run around doing stupid things because they have no idea how to use their character. I think you guys do just as well as the other realms, especially in recent weeks, in all aspects of the game aside from invasions.

Why can't you open the portal? Not sure really. The positions of the castles don't really help, and there are a lot of Alsius with a negative view of invasions, but I don't think those things are stopping you. I think if Alsius as a whole wanted to invade and open their portal then it wouldn't be terribly difficult. It's my observation that most of you are more interesting in having fun than "winning" and pwnzorizing teh nubz by opening the portal. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote