General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #31
Nekoko
Master

Nekoko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
Thank you for the reply chilko much appreciated, it's nice to see some love for Horus's situation :3
Old 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #32
Zombrex
NGD·Studios

Zombrex is on a distinguished road

Hello to everyone.

We're working on a new FAQ to answer all concerns and doubts regarding Warmasters. As you can now experience, this expansion is really big, so we are working hard solving all last hours issues.

Thanks a lot for participate in this thread. All you feedback gives us a tremendous help in making Regnum a better game for all players.
Zombrex no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #33
Vaylos
Banned

Vaylos is on a distinguished road

Chilko and co. Thanks again for listening to our concerns on the XP gained through war, and the issues that involve Horus's lower population levels (specifically the daily quests)

I think once a solution is reached, people will be a lot more happy with the update. Honestly I think those are really the two major issues, along with the item level issues some people are facing. On that note, it looks like my breastplate finally "stabilized" and I can login without it becoming a lvl 51 armor all of a sudden now, so hopefully other folks' items and equipment will start "behaving" again soon.

Thanks again.
Vaylos no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #34
metsie
Apprentice

metsie is on a distinguished road

Question about experience: Is this how new system works?

Let's say that old player had 10m exp before update, 4.4m extra exp after lvl 50 (if 5.6m = 50, not 100% sure)

after this update:
he loses 6.7m and drops to 3.3m @50lvl, he have to grind 7.6m more to get to 60, total = 17.6m to get to 60

New player: 10m to get to 60

So how this is fair, realistic or even possible

IMO at least players should get all their extra exp added to their current exp, in this case player would get 4.4m added to his 3.3m, still not 60 but closer.

More fair if all old exp would turn into new exp, new curve is no reason to punish old grinders!
metsie no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #35
gluffs
Initiate

gluffs is on a distinguished road

I would be happy if you just added group bonus to the rvr xp. And to regulate it
so it wont go overboard you can put a xp cap on that represents about the
same group bonus you get from a full group grinding on monsters.

Increasing the xp without group bonus will probably lead to that high dmg
classes will get xp much faster then the low dmg and support classes. Similar to
that in a big grind group with some barbs leads to that other classes have a
hard time getting any good xp or any xp at all.
gluffs no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #36
Ashnurazg
Initiate

Ashnurazg is on a distinguished road

At the both German servers the update caused that the most lvl 50 players grinding exp from mobs at lvl 49-50 or higher leveling areas to achieve lvl 60. This areas are overcrowded - even not a real chance to gain exp when you are in a leveling group.

Accordingly Fort battle is heavily reduced. The new invasion system decreases fort battle, too.

But, for me this update stands for better fort battles. I'm annoyed at this situation. Now it doesn't make fun.

I hope the guys at NGD have a solution for this situation.

PS: A simple solution is to set a limit - how much exp (150-250K) you can gain from mobs within a day. Gaining exp from RvR battle should be unlimited.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #37
Olin
Pledge

Olin is on a distinguished road

I generally do not write advice about how to work but in this case i feel that, like a costumer, i have to express my opinion. i spend 1 year for make a good pg and have fun with my clan mate.
with this update you ruin this game!
this just to have an improve in your finances, doing so all player at level 50 with a good equip must rebuy lucky box at level 60.
also you have penalized payment player tha now have no differet on non-payment player.
many people of my clan have to decide to stop playing !!!!

THX for doing this!
Best regards
Olin
Olin no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #38
OpperVaagheid
Banned

OpperVaagheid is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all; Thanks to see you dev active in a topic and awesome to see that you listen to the community.

1) Like everyone says; grinding is a pain in the ass. But if we really do have to grind. Maybe some more mobs could be added to the game? At this moment there is a load of people grinding at meleketi beach. The beach is constant out of mobs.

2) Conju's in support setup are kinda forced to switch to warju to get the full xp in warzone? I saw that other chars get like 380xp for killing a lvl 50.
With my conju in support setup (and leechmode) I get like 16/18xp a killed enemy. I know we are still leeching but still a big pain in the ass.

3) At this moment there are not really normal fort wars. It just seems nobody cares if they keep a fort for a longer time. Its more rush a fort, get your x kills and die to zerg the other realm.

4) It would be nice of the Warmasters got closer to warzone. Its kinda annoying to run everytime back to altaruk to cash in the quest and the next day get back there to get it back. At the saves or the markets would be a better place imo. I dont mind get the quest if they are at a place i see everyday to much (save). But if they are gonna stay in the main town i think people stop doing the quest just because they got bored of running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkor View Post
Second: killing 50 peeps in ra is a thing, but try doing it on Horus... it will take like 6/8 hours of playing... do u think it is possible?
Tja... still agree I had to login in the morning to get the first wz group & later at night to get the last couple of goats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
I Think RvR xp should be increased adding group bonus, but unlike mob grinding you should only have group bonus if you are actualy in a group, this will make ppl interact more in the game.
Totally! And you dont even have to be in a party. Like it was on Amun. That would be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
Thanks for posting on this thread

we are aware of all the issues.
Warmasters was a big update and we could not do everything we wanted.

PVP XP will be increased (we didn't want to go overboard)
We will take measures for the daily quests in terms of the population in Horus (we couldn't doing on time).

please be patient.

regards,

Chilko
Awesome to hear. Keep up the good work!
OpperVaagheid no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #39
Greyman_tle
Initiate

Greyman_tle is on a distinguished road

Only real problem i see, is the xp share for conj...which is a long running problem....and has it hasnt been addressed already, must be more complicated to recode then we assume.

As far as the amount of xp given (in total) for a kill....ITS PLENTY....for a lvl 50 (normal) its much more than a mob(normal). And tbh as far as i can see its an extra bonus which unlike rp actually does somin...PLS PLS PLS NGD dont increase it, just to please the instant gratification crowd.

Kill 50 quest...on Horus....yes this is a bit of a problem...but only compared to Ra....as a separate entity this also is fine.

I think some players seem to forget it affects everyone, not just them.

XP scrolls....I also am confused by the distribution of these....I nvr bought one after 50 and had less xp than a clannie of mine who didnt recieve a scroll.

As a finaly note, I would like to re-iterate to NGD....

PLS DO NOT change the xp/kill or the kill 50 quest dynamics......I've been playing RPG's for over 30 years, and 1 thing that is almost guaranteed to kill a game is to allow players to lvl up too fast. I would rather see a premium item [LVL 60 Character + Gear + 1 special gear] for those that just want to be 'The best of the best, Sir'
Greyman_tle no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #40
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

We just want gaining exp from players to close the gap on grinding with mobs, it's not about levelling faster.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread