Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-26-2010, 05:43 AM   #41
Syd_Vicious
Initiate

Syd_Vicious is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem on my Evo 2.1, as e30ernest on the N1. Here is some additional feedback:

1. The map refresh time doesn't initially seem to want to exceed 30s when refreshing for Horus, even if the map refresh time is set past 30s. I had to change the settings a couple times before the refresh time option took, even after changing the time and waiting for 30s to expire to reset to the new time it would sometimes default back to 30s. Another example of buggy time: I set the map to refresh in 5 minutes, but it refreshed in 4 min instead.

2. The RP status option as a function is a little buggy. It couldn't find my Barbarian, but found my hunter that are roughly the same rank on the Alsius RP lists for each subclass. My barb has an "_" in his name and I am wondering if that is what is causing the issue (same name as forum).

3. Sometimes Android gives a force close option even when the application is downloading something as if it was unresponsive.

4. Trying over WiFi I sometimes got a "process com.kamax.regnum_war_status" has stopped unexpectedly message.

Some of these maybe just Evo specific due to HTC and Sprints additions/changes. Other issues with downloading seem to rely a lot on the type and quality of internet connection. The program certainly works better over WiFi than a 3g connection (4g is not in the desert mountains of Arizona yet). Good job on the program and I am looking forward to future releases.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #42
kamax
Master

kamax is on a distinguished road

Hello eveybody, sorry for the missing time i was not here, i'm very busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30ernest View Post
Posted a comment. I'd also like to suggest a few features:

- A widget version
Can be done but take me some times(would be my first widget)

Quote:
- Allow user to set notifications for specific forts if taken by an enemy realm.
very easy

Quote:
- Use labeled maps like the one from Inquisition with zoom enabled on the main app.
have you a link so i can take a look ?

Quote:
- Remove the quit confirmation dialog on exit. Android does it well enough IMO. Pressing the "Home" button should minimize the application, while pressing "Back" should exit it.
Hmmmm, I'm not sure it will be good. Sometimes you can press the back button by error and then all your countdown timers would be reseted.

The application start a service in background the first time you run it. The service run until you use the backbutton and choose to close the application.

I have write it this way because android is a little special with handling alive application, the phone just kill what in background is. This is why i can't write "kill the service when you kill the application" because all will stop working randomly without you know it.
I think the way i choose to manage this, is the best to avoid a lot of problems.

Quote:
I think I found out why it crashes on my Nexus. It seems to crash whenever there are problems accessing the internet. Whenever my internet connection slows to a crawl or drops off totally, the application "terminates unexpectedly".
I have write some protection to avoid "no connection" problems but some other problems can still exist, like if you have no connection WHEN your are trying to download data, before or after this moment it must be ok.

I still must debug this part more....when i have more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd_Vicious View Post
I am having the same problem on my Evo 2.1, as e30ernest on the N1. Here is some additional feedback:

1. The map refresh time doesn't initially seem to want to exceed 30s when refreshing for Horus, even if the map refresh time is set past 30s. I had to change the settings a couple times before the refresh time option took, even after changing the time and waiting for 30s to expire to reset to the new time it would sometimes default back to 30s. Another example of buggy time: I set the map to refresh in 5 minutes, but it refreshed in 4 min instead.
The refresh time you see in the application you start is not the "real" refresh time. The service which run in background has the real time, the application you see ask the service "hey, how many time left ?". This is why you can have some seconds or in some case a full cycle(30s, 1min....5min...depending on your refresh time) delay.
Sorry for this but it's the best i have found and trust me it's very hard

Quote:
2. The RP status option as a function is a little buggy. It couldn't find my Barbarian, but found my hunter that are roughly the same rank on the Alsius RP lists for each subclass. My barb has an "_" in his name and I am wondering if that is what is causing the issue (same name as forum).
Oh, i don't have write a protection to escape special characters and can give some wrong results(or errors).

Quote:
3. Sometimes Android gives a force close option even when the application is downloading something as if it was unresponsive.
Ok thanks for this information, i have to run it in a different thread(the download part) so it doesn't block the UI(screen).

Quote:
4. Trying over WiFi I sometimes got a "process com.kamax.regnum_war_status" has stopped unexpectedly message.
I need a little more, it's very hard to know why he do that whithout other information.

Quote:
Some of these maybe just Evo specific due to HTC and Sprints additions/changes. Other issues with downloading seem to rely a lot on the type and quality of internet connection. The program certainly works better over WiFi than a 3g connection (4g is not in the desert mountains of Arizona yet). Good job on the program and I am looking forward to future releases.
Yes it works better with wifi, i don't have tested a lot with 3g and bad connection, some security are in the code for this but maybe more is need.

I will try to update it but how i say it before, i'm very busy. The application still need code when the 2h countdown for the door is running.

Thanks to all and see you in some days
kamax no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:00 AM   #43
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Here is the map:

http://www.claninquisition.org/index...=tpmod;dl=cat1

Looking forward to the improvements/fixes you will make!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #44
Syd_Vicious
Initiate

Syd_Vicious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamax View Post
I need a little more, it's very hard to know why he do that whithout other information.
The com error occurs when both 3g and WiFi are connected and I attempt to start the application for the first time of the day. Maybe an issue of whether the app doesn't know what connection to use due to a proprietary coding specific to the EVO, i dunno. BTW thanks for the response and I look forward to future updates.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #45
kamax
Master

Thanks sid for this answer, i have see the problem too last time. I was not at home but i hope i can reproduce it now.

Tomorrow i will take a look and write a update depending on the time i can spend on it. For the map with zoom, i don't think i will do it in a near futur, i just don't see how to do it in a easy way(for me), it will take me too many time to do that, i just don't have this time now, sorry....i have so less time that i don't have play the game for at least 1 month or more

Oh i have forgive to say that i have debug information activated. If people want to help me to debug, just install aLogcat on your phone and when you have a crash/error or something very strange just send it to my email (kamax.android@gmail.com) with a little story to say what you have done just before the problem and like sid(good job), if you have 3g/wifi enabled or not.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #46
kamax
Master

I will add some special sounds on notifications, does someone have the sound of a fort door when it break ?
Or any sound that can be cool for different type of notification( Realm x cancel danger, Realm x has 2h to defend...)

edit:
Update to 0.9:
-4 different notifications sounds and you can choose in options what realm you want have this notification. If you don't like it just send me better and i write a update very fast with the new sound. I still will add more option for this if people want normal sound or no sound...maybe custom sound from sd card.
-quick fix bug on start with 3g,the bug was that the service don't have the time to be ready, i just have add a 10s on startup before the map refresh. Maybe on a very very bad connection it's not enough but i will try to do it better.
-it now manage the 2h realm gate time, no more wrong notification about x realm cancel danger before the 2h. (must be tested)

I hope you enjoy

Last edited by kamax; 07-09-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #47
Ferente
Pledge

Ferente is on a distinguished road

Works quite good on my HTC Tattoo, thx mate!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #48
Recoil
Master

Recoil is on a distinguished road

This is very interesting.
Recoil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #49
Pnarpa
Master

Pnarpa is on a distinguished road

This makes me want to buy an Android smartphone.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #50
ov3rcl0ck
Apprentice

ov3rcl0ck is on a distinguished road

Kamax, did you use the Titanium Framework? If you did I can compile an iPhone app and an iPad app, I have access to an iMac.

If you didn't.. I think I'd rather not port the code lol, sorry..
ov3rcl0ck no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote