Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #41
Skjringsaal
Duke

Skjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
or you add premium content which doesn't affect balance. i know a lot of players, who own more then one mount, who own many different clothing, who regularly change the look of their set, their hairs, etc., just to gain more facha or because they simply get bored of their look. you've added boosters for everything and sets de poderes to make things easier for premium user which is totally fine.
It is probable, most of the profit come from lucky boxes and so on, since the progression of the character is given to this way after you are allready Warmaster. You play a rol game for keep making progress in your character, and in Regnum, it envolves only combat.

If they are going to include a (not so difficult as drop rate) way to get this benefits trough combat, it won't be disvantage, but a shorter way paying, but it is not possible to keep big profit without this kind of content, where the only way of progress (combat characteristics of the character) has shortcuts through money.

In case of these particular companion monsters, I don't see an advantage as big as some bonus like movement speed, specific damage resistances added or in the natural armor given by the item, or the difference of abundance of special and magic drops between premium and regular player. It could be solved through light adjustments to these bonus or influences and an improving in drop rate, but in the case of companion, I don't see a big difference.

Signature by Alextrix.
Skjringsaal no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #42
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Companions are not stackable, and don't forget: they are VISIBLE. Isn't that a drawback? Your enemy knowing one of your stats?

Let's not make a fuss about something we already shown where the line is drawn. Either we accept a bit of something interesting but controlled, or Premium Items get to be unappealing and thus, no one buying them.
I realize I'm a bit late, but he is right. The drawback, for the conc, for example, is nothing. I assume NGD will change/fix some variable in later updates, so I am not too concerned about what is taken and what is given. However, the fact that they are only available through a premium means is discouraging. IMO, there should be an implementation where you can buy them with gold for a day or a week or something. "2 million gold to use this for a day". If the premium companions are permanent, I don't see sales being affected much, if at all.

Like horses use to be, but, since horses still aren't available for free players again, I assume this will never happen.

-D
Old 06-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #43
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Like horses use to be, but, since horses still aren't available for free players again, I assume this will never happen.

-D
There will be Companions offered by WM coins. There will be a lot of things with WM coins. Why? Playing in war is also like paying for the game. Paying in activity.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #44
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
i don't know, to me that sounds like giving up
It's called adaption. You can't change things in a day. In order to reach somewhere, you have to get there before risking to slay what's keeping you on track.

If you feel this game gives advantage to premium players, it's because you haven't played any other F2P to the end. After you play several others you realize that Regnum is pretty mild about it. And we're faithful to that, even if some people that never ran a game like this say we don't care about it.

It's easy to write a paragraph in the forum about what should be right to do. Other thing is to apply it in real life. "But all my friends would buy this if it was offered" Yeah. I heard that a lot of times in my life.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #45
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Yeah. I don't know how newbies can play w/o mount at all.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #46
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
Yeah. I don't know how newbies can play w/o mount at all.
They can't. Just today I saw a two, obviously newbies, asking how to get a horse and if the whole game is about humiliating goblins. I'm curious how long will they last.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:48 AM   #47
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
They can't. Just today I saw a two, obviously newbies, asking how to get a horse and if the whole game is about humiliating goblins. I'm curious how long will they last.
New characters should get a permanent mule: slower than a horse or other mounts, but permanent.
It should always be possible to have a normal horse for a limited time for gold or wmc.

While i'm at it, 3 feature requests about mounts:
  • jump !
  • wagons ! taking up to 10 characters, 1 driving, can be "dismounted" , same speed of normal mount, ranged attacks possible (but for driver)
  • movement speed modified by terrain (low impact on feet, more impact on fast transportation)

Good job on this update and on communication (finally).
Old 06-07-2015, 01:40 AM   #48
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There will be Companions offered by WM coins. There will be a lot of things with WM coins. Why? Playing in war is also like paying for the game. Paying in activity.
Not to be negative nancy, but you did that with the mount. 350k(?) WMC for a permanent mount. I don't think anybody has gotten that. With the new implementations, that may seem like a more reachable goal, but that is still an insane amount, especially considering the inner zone is when the mount is most needed. So, I do not think that the only way you should be able to get a mount is through WMC. Maybe create a quest that gives you a mount up to level 'x'. I like the idea for companions, as I don't think companions are needed for low levels. You quoted my horse comment, but commented on the companions so sorry if Im a bit off with my response. You are sending me mixed signals, love

Also, we still can't fuse WM bows pls respond

-D
Old 06-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #49
ShadowForce
Apprentice

ShadowForce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you feel this game gives advantage to premium players, it's because you haven't played any other F2P to the end. After you play several others you realize that Regnum is pretty mild about it. And we're faithful to that, even if some people that never ran a game like this say we don't care about it.
I agree with Adrian here, I've played a couple of other free2play mmorpg's and CoR is quite mild about the advantage premium items give over somebody without. Sure a diamond box gear player will have higher damage than a non box player. But does it make them useless in war? Certainly not. I'll probably be tarred and feathered for saying it, but if it meant a more stable financial model and therefore a bigger staff compliment for NGD, I would support the game becoming more reliant on premium content. I do understand that not everyone has funds available to inject into the game, but expecting everything for nothing is a very naive way of gaming in this day and age.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #50
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowForce View Post
I agree with Adrian here, I've played a couple of other free2play mmorpg's and CoR is quite mild about the advantage premium items give over somebody without. Sure a diamond box gear player will have higher damage than a non box player. But does it make them useless in war? Certainly not. I'll probably be tarred and feathered for saying it, but if it meant a more stable financial model and therefore a bigger staff compliment for NGD, I would support the game becoming more reliant on premium content. I do understand that not everyone has funds available to inject into the game, but expecting everything for nothing is a very naive way of gaming in this day and age.
Thank you for saying this, but I must make clear something else: we will aim to rely less and less in these kind of items. As soon as we can invest more time in visual upgrades, we hope to get rid of the need of selling certain items which, as I said before, have minimum impact anyway.

Tags
amun, invasions