Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #41
otp-barb
Pledge

otp-barb is on a distinguished road

How about trying to adapt to the changes instead everything is being critized - everytime NGD brings something out they have to redo/change it because a handfull of people that write in this forum are complaining.
I know that "Retaliation" was not meant to reduce a whole DoT spell but as we all know the spell had a few bugs (non-dmg spells removing retaliation etc).

If your "game experience" suffers from one Magma Blast - i feel sorry for you.
otp-barb no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #42
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by otp-barb View Post
How about trying to adapt to the changes instead everything is being critized - everytime NGD brings something out they have to redo/change it because a handfull of people that write in this forum are complaining.
I know that "Retaliation" was not meant to reduce a whole DoT spell but as we all know the spell had a few bugs (non-dmg spells removing retaliation etc).

If your "game experience" suffers from one Magma Blast - i feel sorry for you.
Retaliation is useless right now. I’ve already taken it off my setup. No one said the game experience suffers. Yet everyone seemed to suffer when Arcane was changed. & wasn’t changed until months later. I’m use to the lock spam after all my years on Ra.

I think NGD should change one useless spell for each class instead of doing it for certain ones. Would be more fair and I think people would complain less.

Also about criticizing. Do you not remember when NGD added bonuses to Champ gear and made them insanely OP. And to waste time and go change them. Or when offensive beacons came and ruined the game. Certain things players should always voice their opinions.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #43
V1r14
Pledge

V1r14 is on a distinguished road

People tend to forget that Warlocks where much more dangerous in the past:

-> Nearly every damage-spell on his arsenal remained the same since the lv50-Era.

->Back then the classes had around the following HPs:

PAST:
  • Mages: ~ 3k HP (some Dark Elves with light tunics had 2650hp)
  • Archers: ~ 3k HP
  • Barbarians: ~3,9k HP
  • Knights: ~4,7k HP
[Beetle swarm, will domain, silence, mind push, darkness, slow, and freeze, were so called freebee's because no power point was needed for the desired effect]

NOW:
  • Mages: ~ 5,2k - 5,8k HP
  • Archers: ~ 5,2k HP
  • Barbarians: ~5,2k HP
  • Knights: ~7k HP

[will domain 3-4 , silence 3-4, mind push 3-4, darkness 3-5, and freeze 3-5: more PP and mana cost]

-> In some cases the amount of Hp nearly doubled on some classes.

Double the Health Pool -> double the effort and time to defeat someone (which means double the amount of CCs needed, double the mana consumption)

And this is not even taking into account Armor Points, Resistances or Minus ranged Received, which makes significant differences on survivability.

-> And now back to topic (thank god)

Yes, viewed alone Magma Blast is without question overpowered (It easily breaks Energy Barrier (5)).
But, thats the error most people make on this forum: observing the skill alone or even comparing it with skills from different classes. Magna-blast is a Warlocks spell and not another dot from a marksman.

the spell is only overpowered, if it makes the warlock overpowered
The Warlock-subclass still remains the same, with his strenghts and faults.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #44
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralmoe View Post
That's not correct. Like all dot spells they can be easy dispell by every mage around, lock or conju.
Oh wow, if the spell can be dispelled we may aswell make it do even MORE damage. I mean, it can be dispelled by any mage thats around right? Good one.

Quote:
If we start to talk about ridiculous damage we will never end. So what about the ridiculous damage of archers or barbs? They are not just ridiculous, they are absurd. Why do they have to have more damage than a lock?
The whole point of barbarians is damage, without them being able to hit hard wars would last forever since auras and pylons make a huge difference in the outcome of a fight. Marks damage is not absurd, it is at a good enough place made slightly above average with the use of boss rings. And hunters, dont even get me started, they can cold blood for 6 seconds once every 60 seconds at the cost of 300 mana. I can tell you havent played this subclass enough to understand it.

Each class excels at different things, I dont see how your question of them doing more damage than a lock even makes sense. A warlock can constantly cast spells that do a lot of damage. Try playing an archer at a fortwar and see how much damage you can do whilst every knight is carrying heroic presence and deflecting barrier at 5. Or even play a barb and try to dps whilst getting constantly cc'd.

Quote:
Why a staff normal damage is such absurd low compared with a bow or a sword? I can go on if you want.
There is a whole skill tree for staff mastery if you haven't noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1r14 View Post

NOW:
  • Mages: ~ 5,2k - 5,8k HP
  • Archers: ~ 5,2k HP
  • Barbarians: ~5,2k HP
  • Knights: ~7k HP
I have no words, which mages are running around with that much hp? Which archers have 5.2k hp? Please stop pulling numbers out of your ass.

Quote:
-> In some cases the amount of Hp nearly doubled on some classes.

Double the Health Pool -> double the effort and time to defeat someone (which means double the amount of CCs needed, double the mana consumption)
If these are the sorts of shit tier posts we're getting, its better to close the english forum.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #45
V1r14
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
I have no words, which mages are running around with that much hp? Which archers have 5.2k hp? Please stop pulling numbers out of your ass.
first of: Having a bad day?

second off: I'm speaking for Valhalla, where higher Health is now more common thanks to Transmuting undesired concentration.

Hp examples?

- Soptronic Zyndarius, Marksman, full jewelry 5,2k Hp
- Vaccaria, Warlock 5390 Hp
- Argos, knight, 7k Hp
- Varyo, conju, 5,6k hp
Old 09-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #46
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

second off: I'm speaking for Valhalla, where higher Health is now more common thanks to Transmuting undesired concentration.

Hp examples?

- Soptronic Zyndarius, Marksman, full jewelry 5,2k Hp
- Vaccaria, Warlock 5390 Hp
- Argos, knight, 7k Hp
- Varyo, conju, 5,6k hp
Are you seriously using 1 or 2 players with that much hp as a default for everyone?
Old 09-26-2018, 05:05 PM   #47
otp-barb
Pledge

Quote:
Try playing an archer at a fortwar and see how much damage you can do whilst every knight is carrying heroic presence and deflecting barrier at 5. Or even play a barb and try to dps whilst getting constantly cc'd.
Try playing Warlock when all your aoe-cc and dot is getting erased with mass-dispell etc

Quote:
I'm speaking for Valhalla, where higher Health is now more common thanks to Transmuting undesired concentration.
Nice joke, since when is Barbarian stuck at 5,2k hp when he reached more before the transmutation artefact?

I guess everyone wants the game to become more pay2win - make less out of spells and more out of gear. Warlock gained almost nothing from the Level 60 Cap since he has no scaling on his "damaging" spells
Old 09-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #48
V1r14
Pledge

Quote:
Are you seriously using 1 or 2 players with that much hp as a default for everyone?
Should i list the whole server pop or what?

There are enough items to accomplish that:

- Champion Amulett, Heroic Blood amulett, Jewelry
- Zul Nah Companion, Future ghost companion
- Ring of the Arboreal skin
- Concentration, Str, Dex, Int -> Const

But enough of that. I have no desire in getting this thread locked.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:15 PM   #49
otp-barb
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Magma Blast is now a very useful spell for Warlocks that need to counter defense buffed enemies. The DoT might seem extreme, but this is an RvR game and you must rely on your allies and the best prepared groups will be able to dispel it fast and avoid most of its damage.

I'm not ruling out changes, I'm just saying that maybe not all of the possibilities are being taken into account at the time of discussing this changes.
git gud kids

edit: counter-play:

https://abload.de/img/roclientgame2018-09-2kjd0y.png

Retaliation works on DoT-Spells if you have it on before it is casted on you

Last edited by otp-barb; 09-26-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #50
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pery3000 View Post
There's no reason a lock spell should be 15 secs long at 100 dmg ticks and no defense to counter it except -range dmg amulet or spells. Retal doesn't even work against it. Do you not understand how ridiculous that amount of dmg is only to be 30 sec CD
Frankly, I'm not really opposed to a duration nerf to 10 sec, but uh, read between my lines there (my 1st paragraph in post above), in that I do not think NGD will change it anytime soon-ish, so sorry. Oh, & as to "how ridiculous that amount of dmg is only to be" 10 sec CD, try South Cross on for size....

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote