Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Would you like "Head of the pack" back to hunters?
Yes, I played a hunter and i want it back! 45 86.54%
No, I played a hunter but i don't want it back! 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #41
Raindance
Initiate

Raindance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
Hunters (...) need a complete revision.
Right, a complete revision. Not just some madly insane selfish OP ideas someone can come up with in 5 minutes as I have seen mentioned in this thread. First things first, confuse needs to be removed before hunters can get any buff at all, and thankfully it will be soon enough.

Secondly, other classes defenses are too strong i.e barbs and marks. Sometimes I can't tell whether a barb is a barb or a super knight anymore. Adjusting frenzy and strategic position would also have to result in some kind of small damage nerfs to barbs and marks only to maintain the same damage they deal currently between each other.

Intimidate -> spring + UM -> kick combination is dreadfully strong, take away 5% from spring and please make UM more visible. A barb with kick can still KO someone on the floor. I don't suggest a complete nerf to barbs, but anyone who disagrees with me, ask yourself why we see so many barbs and so little hunters now. Archers have range, hunters 32% speed as someone counted up earlier, but most of the time it won't stop a raging barb with the combination above, but this is all rather a whole different story yet still connected.

Back to hunters. I don't think they need more speed, that is a big exaggeration. How is anyone supposed to catch a hunter then? More specifically knights. There's a problem with the hunter class, if you give them some buffs they're suddenly OP, give them some nerfs they become weak. But I don't really think they are weak, other classes are just too strong. And of course if you look deep into class balance problems items will always have a big effect on that. I thought with the WM update items would have less impact because everyone would be using the same armor/weapons. IMO adding ancient/elite armor/weapons was a mistake and simply a marketing tactic for more money I guess.

Oh and this poll sucks, how is one spell, HotP supposed to magically save hunters? I'd be glad if it came back but I don't think it'd do much. This shouldn't be a poll at all.

And on an unrelated matter. I think the English community just complains too much. This complaining resulted into past nerfs which now turned into rants and pleas to improve the class again. Same thing for other classes.

Last edited by Raindance; 09-10-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Raindance no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #42
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindance View Post
Oh and this poll sucks, how is one spell, HotP supposed to magically save hunters? I'd be glad if it came back but I don't think it'd do much.
HotP made hunters a bit like another marksman, the damage was somewhat comparable and that cloaked the actual problem, that there's nothing that makes hunters unique. Bringing HotP back would definitely do the magic, but it's not the best magic. Both classes should be completely different, and not basically the same with a few spells being different.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #43
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standistortion View Post
Being able to 'see' a zerg 400 meters away, 2 spells to slow a zerg and the ability to stalker 5 barbs to the enemies conjs sounds good to me.
What is your hunter character name?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #44
Minorian
Master

Minorian is on a distinguished road

Before last summers balance update, every hunter was running around with pets, coming out of camo with confuse 5 ambush 5, full evasion etc. Because of this NGD had to balance hunters around the idea of always getting the advantage of camo and confuse. If you get that advantage of camo and confuse etc. it will be a reasonably balanced fight, but otherwise, you're fucked

IMO hunters just need to be moved away from the camo sneaky bastard perspective.
Minorian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #45
tarashunter
Initiate

tarashunter is on a distinguished road

there are several games in witch a class have camo/invisible powers.
how is it possible in regnum only this power cause imbalance?
Camo allow you to be strong in 1 vs1 ,not in RvR,and don't tell me about stalker sorrounding,i can cast it,but i don't take RP,and for me,it do some influence...a class can feel usefull watching his RP too....at least give some reward for areas like stalker.
Don't forget the resist rate of this server.
I cannot go camo beside my enemy and cast confuse,simply because it get resistet to many times(and this problem is for all classes not only hunter).
As just said before in this tread,another problem,is that others classes are too much buffed compared to hunter.
Again,don't forget cold blod cd is 60 seconds...and when active,if you are lucky,and your enemy don't evade,or resist during cold blood duration,you can do some dmg.
I repeat...in 1 vs 1 hunter is/was strong.The problem is rvr.
Dunno after the last update what happends to hunter(stun,ambush etc),cause i refuse to play/log in, till they balance hunter class.
As just said..is the only class that exclude the use of one main power,using another one (camo exclude pet).
Low armor is another problem....if i go out from a fort door = i'm death .
I just can go out in camo and cowardly kill the nemy that is resting far away from the fort...or cast a caltro (useless at door) or cast repetition shot (doing...100 dmg?if i'm lucky)....but....after i done one of this things...i have the bigger problem..return safe inside fort...cause if i go outside i will take at least 4 kick...and with the bugged SotW i'm not safe.
Pet powers sucks....skin of the beast have too long cd.
If i use pet,i must use tricks....and i will never have enough point to skill scout+pet+trick + evade in the proper way.
This is why pet tree is not used..usless pet + sacrifice scout or tricks or evasion tree to skill pet properly.

Don't make me the example of spydarcher that is able to do shitload of dmg....
Ppls that have dragon amulet will ever do some more dmg.....
I have magna long bow,and belive me,my hits on enemy barbs are a joke....with magna bow i hit 60,and if a barb is on knogh protective aura,i hit for 17 dmg...yes 17...seems to be my standard dmg........and mine,it's one of the most powerfull weapons in game.
In the end,while my realm is in a fort..i have to grind,or to hunt alone to have some fun....even the grind is more fun than a fort war with hunter,or then the alone huning on a desert server.i must wait 15 minutes first to find an enemy..
Head of the pack....well i'd like to have it back,cause it would help a bit in fort wars...(considering the new armour,protective aura effect).
At least i can hit 80 instead of 60...
To make an happy ending,i've read someone who told that the english comunity is the one that give problems...and all the nerf/update are based on english comunity complaint.
Well,engish comunity plays on a desert server,where dinamics are different from a bigger server like RA.
Others small server got problems with warmaster update,so don't come to tell me bullshit and go around to read smaller server forums.
English comunity,first to become only a big complaint book,tried many times to speak with NGD,but,we never got any kind of answer.
So...in real....do you think is normal that i ask you something and you ignore me?
I don't think is normal..
You can't even say "oh developers cannot waste the whole life to answer questions"...yeah..is right...when there are 100/1000/5000 different users asking for 100000 different questions...
The little problems is....the whole english comunity is speaking about the same 10 question,without have a single answer(the standard answer is "your comment is not fair" when ppls go out of head after 100 attempt to have a fking answer to a single question)...think we are still waiting for "ask to ngd" return.....

That's all,regards.

Last edited by tarashunter; 09-11-2011 at 04:44 PM.
tarashunter no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #46
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarashunter View Post
The little problems is....the whole english comunity is speaking about the same 10 question,without have a single answer(the standard answer is "your comment is not fair" when ppls go out of head after 100 attempt to have a fking answer to a single question)...think we are still waiting for "ask to ngd" return.....

That's all,regards.
The main issue is that 10-20 people use bias questions.

And that 100000 questions are bias all of them and the others 100 are with real problems/features.

95% of forum are fight between classes that acusing one each other about OP-ness.

Bars that are acused about OP:

http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=76402

Warlock that are acused about OP:

http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=76457

Marksmen that are acused about OP:

http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=74749

I belive people need to split balance of classes between RvR/PvP situations because once with WM there are 2 big diferent kind of issues.

And second think,ppl take in consideration only dmg/konocks/dizzy spells (general) and not other of them that can be very useful doring a fight.

All of them want to win fast with no problem and his class to be best of.
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #47
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Hunters can be very powerful during zerg vs zerg.

You only need the following

1) All hunters
2) All skilled shortbow 19 with repetition 5
3) All skilled scouting with camo 5 stalker 5
4) Camo + move into the zerg
5) Cast repetition same time and no more zerg problems
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #48
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidraA View Post
95% of forum are fight between classes that acusing one each other about OP-ness.

Bars that are acused about OP:

http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=76402

Warlock that are acused about OP:

http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=76457

Marksmen that are acused about OP:

http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=74749
You do realize that two of those threads were not intended to be taken at face value, and were just made to poke fun at how ridiculous the original was, right?
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #49
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
Hunters can be very powerful during zerg vs zerg.

You only need the following

1) All hunters
2) All skilled shortbow 19 with repetition 5
3) All skilled scouting with camo 5 stalker 5
4) Camo + move into the zerg
5) Cast repetition same time and no more zerg problems
Yeahh... and now imagine what the same amount of <insert any other class> could do in an equally synchronized action...

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #50
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
Yeahh... and now imagine what the same amount of <insert any other class> could do in an equally synchronized action...
I do not have to imagine.
Some of us have seen the original power of Warlock Groups(terror), Knight Groups(uber defence), Hunter groups (repetition 3 hunters vs 18+ alsius)
Marksman Groups, Barbarian Raiding Groups.

The only thing I have not seen would be conjurer group that goes around for active pk hunting. We have all seen how effective conji groups can be in fort war situations (endless battles)

Most of what I have spoken of happened at least a year before you came to the game.
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote