Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #51
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

Just my 2 cents.

I like the idea of companions. It adds more variety and dynamics to the game, and with the potential to build on it with future companions it can only get better. I do however agree that 75 mana is a small disadvantage compared to the gain of 10 constitution. That being said, I do agree with Adrian that in the grand scheme of things 10 constitution is not going to cause any major imbalance.

So, with regards to play to win, this game is not there yet. The only thing that perhaps needs to change in this aspect is making armour enhancements droppable.

Looking forward to more options with said companions.

Finally, damn you for fixing dancing and running/walking. Happy with the rest of the changes.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #52
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

2 bugs after update :

* Guards take random position and then they don't attack

* Sometimes at fort u because invisible (stuck somewhere) but u see urself moving and u can't attack (out of range).
Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #53
Farael
Pledge

Farael is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
It's called adaption. You can't change things in a day. In order to reach somewhere, you have to get there before risking to slay what's keeping you on track.
i completely agree with you, that things won't change in few days. and i'm the last one who want you to hurry through the process just in order to get there fast. it is way better to do it slow and good than fast and bad like you used to do in the past
i don't want you to ban boxes neither cause of course they are the thing which keeps you alive. the point i'm disappointed about is, that i though you've finally realized, that you have to change something and now you show up again with this premium imbalance. of course the advantage it gives is smaller than the advantage boxes give, but still, the idea is the same
and how can i be convinced you really wanna change something if you do the same bad things over and over again?

Quote:
If you feel this game gives advantage to premium players, it's because you haven't played any other F2P to the end. After you play several others you realize that Regnum is pretty mild about it. And we're faithful to that, even if some people that never ran a game like this say we don't care about it.
when i was going to school it tend to happen that i got a bad grade. when i got home and had to tell my mom about that, i often did it just the way you did:
mom, i got a bad grade, but look at Peter, Paul and Allan, they all have worse grades. looking back, i just can laugh about that, cause it was pretty stupid. anyway, at that time it made me feel more comfortable about my situation even tho it didn't chance anything about the grade itself
what i wanna say with that is, that i really don't care what happens in other games. i never liked the idea of comparing RO to other games cause it is completely useless. RO is different and it always was.. you often 'stole' ideas from other games in order to make regnum a better game but it often didn't pay off imo. to be honest, and i say this without blaming you for this, but NGD simply can't compete against Blizzard for example
this game had success cause it was unique and if you would have focused on developping this aspects instead of copying crap from other games i'm sure we would have another game this day
however, at this point it is pretty much useless to discuss about this, cause things made in the past can't be changed anyway
in fact the focus should be on the future like it was lately

Quote:
It's easy to write a paragraph in the forum about what should be right to do. Other thing is to apply it in real life.
at least you've learned something creating the roadmap...
but what you expect me to do? shall i come to Buenos Aires and start doing your job?
but to be honest, writing a paragraph in the forum presenting my ideas and thoughts is the only thing i can do and i always thought that this is the point of having a forum. if you prefer posting your changelog and expecting everythone to praise you for it, ok, i won't post again
i don't expect you to solve all the problems this game has in 2 days. i've even mentioned in another post that i would prefer if you would take the time you need developing things
best example that you don't do this is the latest update. you've posted the changelog here and it was live 1 1/2 days later with the expected bugs. that's doesn't need to happen if you would take your time

Quote:
"But all my friends would buy this if it was offered" Yeah. I heard that a lot of times in my life.
i've actually never said that. the point mentioning ppl who own multiple mounts and/or multiple cloths and stuff like that just should highlight the fact that premium things don't need to grant any advantage concerning balance in order to make ppl buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowForce View Post
Sure a diamond box gear player will have higher damage than a non box player. But does it make them useless in war? Certainly not.
not having good set doesn't make you useless, but it gives you a huge disadvantage. and it's not just about damage, is also about this legendary stuff with vm which creates a huge imbalance between free and premium users. however it is true, that a skilled player without set will most likely outplay an unskilled player with set but considering both players have more or less the same skills, the premium user literally can buy the victory spending xim for boxes
it is true, that this game is not all about PvP and in war the advantages you gain from good set are smaller due to the huge numbers of participants in war but there is still an imbalance between both kinds of users and that shouldn't exist in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowForce View Post
but expecting everything for nothing is a very naive way of gaming in this day and age.
don't get me wrong. i have absolutely no problem not getting everything without buying premium. the problem is, how this point is implemented. buying a magnabooster gives an advantage to the premium user but no disadvantage to the free user, cause he can collect magnas as well, just slower. giving premium users access to higher damage and more vm and stuff like this, is something the free user can't compensate and therefore he'll never reach the point of the premium user, no matter how hard he is trying. and that's the problem, that's pay2win
Old 06-08-2015, 11:00 AM   #54
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
don't get me wrong. i have absolutely no problem not getting everything without buying premium. the problem is, how this point is implemented. buying a magnabooster gives an advantage to the premium user but no disadvantage to the free user, cause he can collect magnas as well, just slower. giving premium users access to higher damage and more vm and stuff like this, is something the free user can't compensate and therefore he'll never reach the point of the premium user, no matter how hard he is trying. and that's the problem, that's pay2win
You can also collect OP weapons from drops, just slower than a premium user. I've dropped a legendary offhand, and legendary hunter arrows (better than I have ever boxed). It's not /impossible/ to obtain good gear for free. Gaining WM gives you slightly more of an advantage - this is also free. Boss drops are quite decent now with the level 55 ones - again, free. Rings and boss amulets can be dropped - not meaning to repeat myself, but free. People expect too much when the game developers have their own tables to put food on, and they already offer a bunch of free options. The only thing that needs looking at in terms of premium is mounts for newbies, and some more customisations couldn't hurt!
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #55
Farael
Pledge

Farael is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartpancakes View Post
You can also collect OP weapons from drops, just slower than a premium user. I've dropped a legendary offhand, and legendary hunter arrows (better than I have ever boxed). It's not /impossible/ to obtain good gear for free.
somehow you are right and i can't argue with that. whether it is realistic or not to do so but the possibility exists

just speaking from personal experience and without the intention to rationalize this possibility i can say, that in 7 years of playing, while grinding several pjs to 60 and while farming a lot i never got something which could compete against the boxed items and i barely got something useful at all
but maybe i'm the unlucky exception and i just need to farm for another century to get my drops

Quote:
Gaining WM gives you slightly more of an advantage - this is also free. Boss drops are quite decent now with the level 55 ones - again, free. Rings and boss amulets can be dropped - not meaning to repeat myself, but free.
becoming wm is available to everyone and so are the boss drops and the amulets. it is not impossible to get set but the point here is, that there is a huge disadvantage between the set you can get freely and the set you can buy for xim (again, you are right with the point that it is possible to get this 'imbalanced' drops while farming)

Quote:
People expect too much when the game developers have their own tables to put food on, and they already offer a bunch of free options. The only thing that needs looking at in terms of premium is mounts for newbies, and some more customisations couldn't hurt!
i totally understand that NGD has to gain money with this game and i have never criticized that they do it. it is just the way they do it which i don't like
Old 06-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #56
Aries202
Banned

Aries202 is on a distinguished road

If I was a new player and I planned to be a free player I would probably quit knowing what I know now and applying it as a new player. The most crucial item in the game, a mount can't be obtained for free.

Maybe on Ra a free player can get by, but with all the "free" stuff the game offers, it'll take a few months of participating at all boss events and endless mag farming(to use in trade) or selling the mags for xim, because that seems to be okay too . On Haven it'll be rather difficult to reach a comfortable spot with gear.

Less players means OP players stand out more. I think we've all been in the situation of having an advantaged towards the enemy realm and getting wiped clean because the other realm has some heavy hitters.

Personally if I had a say, I'd worry about making WM having everything available to it. You can already get Armor, Weapons, and a Mount. Would like to see it sell Jewelry and unique enchantments.

Bonus: I would love to see a quest line for new 60s that will reward them with some decent and basic warzone gear, could even do the same for lvl 50s.
Aries202 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #57
-Aniara-
Initiate

-Aniara- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries202 View Post
If I was a new player and I planned to be a free player I would probably quit knowing what I know now and applying it as a new player. The most crucial item in the game, a mount can't be obtained for free.

This is so ppl learn how to buy things, essential for NGD revenue model.

Maybe on Ra a free player can get by, but with all the "free" stuff the game offers, it'll take a few months of participating at all boss events and endless mag farming(to use in trade) or selling the mags for xim, because that seems to be okay too . On Haven it'll be rather difficult to reach a comfortable spot with gear

Gear is easy to get, join a clan or hunt for mags. The Xim boy/girls will have the second next items to sell.

Less players means OP players stand out more. I think we've all been in the situation of having an advantaged towards the enemy realm and getting wiped clean because the other realm has some heavy hitters.

Heavy hits are a result of support and or skilling. Gear helps ofc but not as much as you may think.

Personally if I had a say, I'd worry about making WM having everything available to it. You can already get Armor, Weapons, and a Mount. Would like to see it sell Jewelry and unique enchantments.

Bonus: I would love to see a quest line for new 60s that will reward them with some decent and basic warzone gear, could even do the same for lvl 50s.
There are tons of lvl 60 equipment floating around. Just the absolute top items with multiple good bonuses + resists are expensive.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:49 PM   #58
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Aniara- View Post
Heavy hits are a result of support and or skilling. Gear helps ofc but not as much as you may think.
A while ago I wouldn't have believed you, but I somewhat do now. Even with jewellery on my marks (which I don't use any more) I could barely out damage non-jewellery players. But this was because I skilled for tricks, not max range and damage. I was hitting about 30-40 higher, which isn't much considering the stats.

On barb, with just conj buffs and NONE of my own, I got to 1,002 attack points equipped with off hand and a medium sword. Purely orgasmic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Aniara- View Post

Gear is easy to get, join a clan or hunt for mags. The Xim boy/girls will have the second next items to sell.
The other night I saw a legendary (+45) +20 ice +18 blunt +4 class attribute +15 fire gem 1h sword get sold for just 3k mags. Sounds like a lot of mags, but damn that was a fair price.

I also often see some people showing premium level 45-50 items in commerce chat for free. It's nice to see this kind of behaviour, and I'm sure the lowbies appreciate it. Alsius seems to do it the most from what I've seen, and Ignis when they feel like unburdening their inventories of stuff they don't have the patience to sell.
As Aniara mentioned, clans are a really good way to get free, or reasonably discounted, stuff.
There's a few avenues you can take. But it's an RPG at the end of the day, and RPGs require time and patience to get anywhere.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #59
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

I agree with Aniara and Iheartpancakes.

Some people should really try other MMO-s out there to see what does p2win mean actually. There might be many problems in RO, but except few minor problems like dragon amulets on marxes and necessity of buying a mount, the game is pretty far from p2win.

And besides that, how many classes are so awesome-gear-dependant? I believe it's only archers, and barbs partially(correct me if I'm wrong with barbs).

Mages can play with normal gear without bonuses and be still almost same efficient as ximmages, and if you aren't planning to play full knarb(my opinion on full knarbs is that it's waste of knight potential), you only need normal/special gear with good resists, which really isn't that hard to get.

Edit: And anyway, on Haven it's really not that hard to hunt magnanites. When I was collecting mags for my spear, I was getting like 50-100mags in like 3hours of magnahunt with booster. That makes 25-50 mags a day(wasnt able to hunt more per day) for player without booster. Like this everyone can get enough magnanite for a decent item in few days.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #60
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Mages can play with normal gear without bonuses and be still almost same efficient as ximmages, and if you aren't planning to play full knarb(my opinion on full knarbs is that it's waste of knight potential), you only need normal/special gear with good resists, which really isn't that hard to get.
So true. My lock and conj use standard gear, except for old ala hat (which you can pick up for a few mags). My 7% 25 rng staff was dropped in OC and 7% cs gem dropped in sh.
The only real thing that might make a mage weaker, particularly against another mage, is Warmaster. It'd be hard for a non-WM lock to beat a WM lock in combat, especially if the WM lock is using a dragon set or something. That's an additional 30% CS right there! Not to mention the extra 550 hp. But you can't really complain because it's all obtainable without spending a cent, just time getting it.

Tags
amun, invasions