Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #51
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
It's true that Barbarians can purchase Knight Warmaster weapons that require a warrior to be used.
It is also true that there are certaing Elite Knight weapons that require warrior class, and others that require Knight-only to be used.
But why is it that the Elite Knight set is the only 1-handed weapon set where half are actually for knights and another half is for warriors like every other 1 handed weapon? It doesn't make any sense, Barbarians above 55 can't use blunt weapons until they reach WM status and get a Master Knight Mace/Hammer. What's the point? It just causes more trouble, including Item fusion conficts.

Quote:
But, it is also true that this happens with every 1 handed weapon in the game. It has always been this way, and these 1 handed weapons for warrior class-only always existed, but they were only used by knights due to the fact that the Dual Wielding feature didn't exist at all; forcing barbs to exclusively use 2 handed weapons, since there was a huge difference comparing these to a 1 handed weapon.

Anyway, maybe you haven't noticed it since these weapons have the word "knight" on their names.
Wrong, I went like an idiot looking for those knight-only 1-handed weapons and only found, with no surprise, warrior weapons at the stores of Altaruk, Medenet and Samal. As I posted before, only the Elite Knight set is affected by this sub-class specific problem.

And no, this has been reported since the start of Warmasters because people couldn't fuse certain weapons due to different class restrictions. Maybe you people are misunderstanding what some of us players have been complaining(quietly) about that all these months.

Quote:
I'm not the guy dedicated to design weapons and their names and such; but let me ask you something...

Does it make any sense to actually create a second set of weapons exactly equal in stats and appearance to one previously done before just because of its name if their functions are the same in every aspect?
Add to this the fact that this "new set of 1 handed-only weapons for barbs" should have a Barbarian-only restriction, but this would be making it weird (messing everything up) for a knight to actually not use one of them when they physically could since they're specialized in one-handed weapons, even though these "new weapons" look exactly the same and have exactly the same stats and attributes than one of their own subclass.
In order to fix this, all those warrior-only weapons should have their knight-only version too.
Weird? I see your point but what is weirder, Barbarians equiping weapons that have an other subclass' name on it or the same item with just a different name and their class' restriction but being exactly the same as the original that no one will give a damn about it?

Also, why make them Barbarian restricted if even the WM Knight set is restricted to warriors and not knights? Maybe you didn't take that possibility into account when you wrote that.

Quote:
Basically, you'd be having 2 "different" set of weapons that are totally the same, but one's for a knight, and the other one's for a barb. What their difference aside for the name and subclass requirement? Nothing at all.
But what's the big deal? You've done almost the same for the marksman shortbow and hunter shortbow(just a change in the size of their different Long Bow looks (?) ), and it doesn't look like it was too much of a problem for you guys to go apeshit on that.

The only complaints so far were that their weird requirements didn't allow item fusion with all the other bows.

Quote:
Besides, you'd need to consider that if a barb ever bought a 1 handed weapon from a lucky box before the dual wielding feature got implemented, this weapon automatically should be changed to an specific subclass whether getting the barb to an state where he is buying a weapon, or actually losing it because now it's knight-only and he has to trade it or pass it on to a knight, if he has one.

So far so good, right? Now tell me how would you change the subclass requirement and name for every 1 handed weapon in-game ever bought from a lucky box, traded between users or gotten from loot without having to check out every inventory in-game, without losing time that could be used for any other more important thing, and without making any mistakes (we are humans too).
Simple: I wouldn't go that way. Just change Elite/Master Knight weapons to Elite/Master 1-handed weapon, correct Elite mace and hammer restrictions to warriors so both knights and barbarians can use it and be done with it.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #52
VeterKh
Master

VeterKh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't precisely know, but I'd bet it's because any of the current 1 handed magna weapons availables has more damage/attack-speed than any other "normal" weapon with similar lvl, causing damage imbalance (imagine a barb dual wielding with one of those things with 2 +7 AS gems embedded) and with that, complaints like the one made by isaacrulzrs2.

By the way, too bad you're not having a nice day. I hope everything works out well.
you don't, but who from NGD know?!
dmg imbalance? did you see alot of knight with magna wepon?! its rar weapon... so it's only yours imagine...

add: all epic 1 hand + off hand = imbalance too so let us use (very hard collected magnanite) magna 1-hand weapon to barb!!!!!!!

Last edited by VeterKh; 11-03-2011 at 07:32 AM.
VeterKh no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #53
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
imagine a barb dual wielding with one of those things with 2 +7 AS gems embedded
an elite weapon with 5% attack speed and 7% attack speed gem could be more powerful (and a lot easier to be obtained)
Latan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #54
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latan View Post
an elite weapon with 5% attack speed and 7% attack speed gem could be more powerful (and a lot easier to be obtained)
Unless you want elite knight weaponry to be removed from the compatible weapons list for dual wielding I suggest you don't bring this to their attention ;]
Old 11-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #55
v0rt3x
Master

v0rt3x is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_DaAr_PT View Post
But why is it that the Elite Knight set is the only 1-handed weapon set where half are actually for knights and another half is for warriors like every other 1 handed weapon? It doesn't make any sense, Barbarians above 55 can't use blunt weapons until they reach WM status and get a Master Knight Mace/Hammer. What's the point? It just causes more trouble, including Item fusion conficts.
I also wondered about this. My Barbarian is LvL60 and i love the blunt weapons. Now i can only take the Master Knight Mace/Hammer for dual wielding. So i must hope, that the restriction of the Master Knight Weapons don´t change to Knight only Weapons.

Or can NGD confirm, that the Master Knight Weapons remain based for Warriors and not for Knights only?
I won´t waste 40k of WM-Coins.
v0rt3x no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote