Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #61
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensor View Post
is it true that it is intended the range 15? Oo i dont get why, its pure idiocy. Were there some issues with overpoweredness on range 15+? I wouldnt sort this into a 'nerf', it doesnt really take away power, its more something to just piss hunters off, to force into a particular playstyle. Bad move ngd..

(if i totally missed out a huge advantage in pets attacking on greater range please tell me)
I think these are all bugs personally, if these are intended features then NGD set a new record.
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #62
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

just to get it right, pets now start attacking only < range 15 and stop at range 30? And Ponter stated it is intended like this??

(link would be nice)
Old 04-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #63
fluffy_muffin
Count

fluffy_muffin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensor View Post
just to get it right, pets now start attacking only < range 15 and stop at range 30? And Ponter stated it is intended like this??

(link would be nice)
He said that pet should never work over 30m. He said nothing or at least i can't find it about 15m.
Links are in my previous post.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #64
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gph View Post
Honnestly no. It's not hard to understand that changing pet range is really crazy idea.
I'm not even sure if this is intended or if it's a bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge
Thats what NGD apparently already "does"
Yes its hard to balance because the problem is when NGD nerfs a class they make it vulnerable to all other classes, instead of making it vulnerable to the one they had an easy time with.

Since you brought up leveling, it totally complicates it more, ranged classes can kite, and warriors need more running.
unfortunately yes, it seems it is the case here, but I also think balance changes are made after it's tested out on the servers () by everyone which is even worse as it gives a lot of unhappy players, but I also think that finding a middleway to balancing out the "easy approach" might take a little creativity from their side so they don't give an option to make it easier against other classes, or harder and at the same time creating a crapchoise which you have to spend points on just to be good against one class.

Yes the running with warriors is a pain, we are already running enough , In my opinion there needs to be some way to make mobs angry at you by targetting them and then use the "challenge" animation or something
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #65
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

I'm irritated to say the least.......

1) Pet attacking at range 15 is horse poop - if there's a grander plan I suggest that NGD share it with us
2) Camo...120 damage on only NORMAL hits out of camo? What 'tard hunter attacks with a normal hit out of camo? Sounds to me like this was developed for no reason...may as well just remove it. Oh...and the beauty of this...they give us yet another CRAPPY piercing damage - woohoo Thanks a TON...give us damage against the most protected attack type - AWESOME!
3) Pets and deaths in 2 hits. I mean really?? I've tried using sotb but it's cast time - hah - the pet is dead before it finishes casting.
4) Evasion tree is WICKED broken. The only useful skills are acrobat, evasive tactics, mobility, and wits. Cat reflexes does not work, dodge does not work, and spell elude is now a joke.

It's almost like NGD wants all hunters to stop playing hunters and configure their hunters to be weak camo delivery boys of rep shot....

All I can say is that I HOPE this is a mistake and gets fixed soon. OH...I have an AWESOME idea....how about the next few releases are spent fixing bugs rather than introducing new ones.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #66
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

The current hunter situation really blows my mind and makes me laugh.

Ok, so, hunters are not meant to attack from range 30 as it is a characteristic of a marksmen. Ok. Fair enough.

Then.. Ponter also said that hunters are meant to be weak at melee...

WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD DO YOU WANT FROM HUNTERS?!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus. Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game that NGD is making.

Either option ON IT'S OWN would be ok:

A) They're not meant to fight from high range. Ok, that's fine. Reduce the insanely high cast time of tricks and give them a little more defense.

B) They're meant to be weak at melee. Ok, that's fine. Reduce the insanely high cast time of tricks and give them more ways to keep their god damn range! (Can you see a pattern?)

You can't have both! What do you want from them? To put down their bows and sing Kumbaya?? It's just......... There are no words.. It's so laughable.. But you gotta feel sorry for the hunters.

I hope everything is resolved soon.
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #67
dani-o
Duke

Location: gracias kailer por los -38 de karma ¬¬ ... De nada. Kailer
dani-o will become famous soon enoughdani-o will become famous soon enough

the thing is that they cant improve any shared tree, because that will make the already overpowered marksman, more overpowered.

and i dont see NGD making new hunters skills to put them in hunters trees

if you can shot from a 40mts range, and actually move faster than a class that can only attack you from 1.5 mts... how in the world are those guys going to be able even reach you? -chilko-
dani-o no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #68
fluffy_muffin
Count

fluffy_muffin will become famous soon enough

And i am still downloading resources
Best will be if i will be able to hunt in those conditions. If i will make more then 500rp in Monday i will be Grosso?
Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #69
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarus View Post
If pets are range 15 now, then we should have cast times of 0 for ambush and stunning fist....forcing us to fight head-on with warriors....we are easy kills unless those two things get modified.
I want dirty fight as a passive then

And that camo bug is intended? Yeah, great. That's no improvement for hunters at fortwars, it's an improvement for the hunting ones... The bonus should at least work with repshot.

Another idea to make hunters more useful: They could be interrupters. => rw30 ambush, that marksman dizzy spell, some interrupt-only spells... That would be funny.

But they have their own plans, as always, let's wait until we've seen them.
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #70
Findor
Pledge

Findor is on a distinguished road

i used to have a hunter character, but i quit to make a conj. my hunter never evades enemy hits, and they ALWAYS evade my hits. Arrows are expensive, so just about all archers are poor. im lvl 38 and i have normals and easy's evading my hits 2 and 3 times in a row, my lvl 30 conj hits impossibles more than my hunter can even hit an easy.
hunters need to have lower miss rates, should be evading hits again(since thats what there supposed to do), or something needs to be done. otherwise, all we hunters are good for is sniffing dirt.
Findor no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
balance, hunters