Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support > Linux

Linux Technical issues under Linux platform

Old 12-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #71
kanestation
Pledge

kanestation is on a distinguished road

Using Ubuntu 10.04, currently I have 2 problems (not sure if anyone else is experiencing them, but this should be included anyway). First when I startup the game the opening logo/video doesn't play (not worried about that). But when I select my Realm the game crashes on me, regardless if I am using compiz or not, also I have tried reinstalling once, however there is another bug when installing or uninstalling, at the end of either process both my task bars vanish forcing me to restart.
(Game settings are: 800x600x16 [tried with 800x600x32], Horus server, fullscreen disabled).
kanestation no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #72
addictinggames
Pledge

addictinggames is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Using Ubuntu 10.10,I have a problem.First when I try running the game,everything is normal(however loading screen before character select screen is a bit slow),but when I press play on any one of my characters,it gets stuck at the loading screen.Also I sometime get an error code when its checking firewall.It says [err][ui_elements] then something else,can't remember a code like that,and if I wait at the loading screen long enough,it says i have been disconnected from the server.Once when I did login,all of my stats(health,mana,intel,etc.)were 0.My brother told me to reinstall,but now it say connection to autopatch server failed.

Last edited by addictinggames; 03-06-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: just got the error code
addictinggames no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #73
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

Sounds like you're having problems connecting to the autopatch server. Check your network settings. Are you behind a proxy?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #74
Evangeline
Master

Evangeline is an unknown quantity at this point

any1 knows whats the cause for the character to stop running when autorunning?
Evangeline no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #75
srm62
Pledge

srm62 is on a distinguished road
Default My graphics card is NOT bad. The makers of this game are.

So, I downloaded this game on my pc with windows xp a couple years ago. This computer only has 200+MB of ram (forget the exact amount, but it's low 200s). The graphics card is utter crap. Everything about that computer was CRAP. Now I have my own computer, and not the family computer, which has 512mb of ram, and I don't know anything about the graphics card, but I was told and it is obvious to me that the graphics card is better than the old computer. This computer has Linux, so it does not support direct x, but if you put a LINUX version of this game up for download, one would assume you would not need direct x to play this game. That is not the case, however. The only solution you offer: Get direct x support. This is incredibly stupid and I am quitting this game because I have spent painless days trying to get converters and all that crap, and even with direct x, I still don't have a good enough graphics card. This is the dumbest load of utter bull crap I have ever heard because this graphics card was made in 2005 along with the computer, where my old computer that I played this game on at first was made in 2002, so take a guess, the 2005 graphics card is OBVIOUSLY better. Learn to make Linux support.
srm62 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #76
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm62 View Post
So, I downloaded this game on my pc with windows xp a couple years ago. This computer only has 200+MB of ram (forget the exact amount, but it's low 200s). The graphics card is utter crap. Everything about that computer was CRAP. Now I have my own computer, and not the family computer, which has 512mb of ram, and I don't know anything about the graphics card, but I was told and it is obvious to me that the graphics card is better than the old computer. This computer has Linux, so it does not support direct x, but if you put a LINUX version of this game up for download, one would assume you would not need direct x to play this game. That is not the case, however. The only solution you offer: Get direct x support. This is incredibly stupid and I am quitting this game because I have spent painless days trying to get converters and all that crap, and even with direct x, I still don't have a good enough graphics card. This is the dumbest load of utter bull crap I have ever heard because this graphics card was made in 2005 along with the computer, where my old computer that I played this game on at first was made in 2002, so take a guess, the 2005 graphics card is OBVIOUSLY better. Learn to make Linux support.
Is this a joke? If yes, congrats, you made me laugh like noone before.

With around 256 (I guess that's the number) ram you don't really have a chance playing any game. Upgrading to 512mb gives you barely the minimum playing the game on lowest settings. You didn't give any details on your graphic card, but I would guess it is quite obstolete.

Direct X support is required on most games. Just download it.

Give some technical specifications on the "new" pc...
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #77
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Well it is true RO have some problems, but speaking of DirectX in Linux...Well for linux there is no such thing as DirectX - it is Microsoft only API, so not possible to be used here. Linux client uses OpenGL, OpenAL.

When i started at 2008 RO got alot smaller system requirements. After that there was an major engine update of the game and i doubt game even will run with 512 RAM. With some older graphics card(you do not specified what your system have) you maybe will be possible to run in Fixed Pipeline mode. RO is alot CPU consuming too.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #78
NotScias
Baron

NotScias will become famous soon enough

When RO says that "your video card is too old ... you have to install direct x" on startup on Linux, it means either your video card is really too old, or that you didn't have installed the proprietary drivers, because the opensource drivers shipped out of the box in most of the distros can't run RO (unless you install the external dxtn/s3tc library).
So you have to install the proprietary drivers in order to get rid of the message and play the game (Catalyst/fglrx for ATI for example). So read the wikis of your distribution.

But I agree, the message speaks of DirectX even on Linux, which is nonsense

Offtopic :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
Well for linux there is no such thing as DirectX - it is Microsoft only API, so not possible to be used here.
There's a native Direct3D 11 state tracker for Gallium3D drivers http://www.osnews.com/story/23826/Ne...PI_for_Gallium
Plus Wine does its job for DirectX <10.

The other realm awaits...
Now playing much better games

Last edited by Shining-Scias; 04-18-2011 at 02:55 PM.
NotScias no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #79
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining-Scias View Post
There's a native Direct3D 11 state tracker for Gallium3D drivers http://www.osnews.com/story/23826/Ne...PI_for_Gallium
Plus Wine does its job for DirectX <10.
I prefer OpenGL instead of DirectX.The main troble it's the code wrote for OpenGL or NG3D engine.

If someone will take a look at OpenGL SE (i know it's specific for mobile devices) runing on IOS or Android he will be able to see damn good performances even with shaders for that small hardware capabilitys.

And ofc that windows with "Install last Direct X" apears on mac also ))
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #80
TheMessenger
Banned

TheMessenger is on a distinguished road

When I run RO under Ubuntu my cursor pauses a lot when I move it around. Anyone know why/a solution?

Last edited by TheMessenger; 07-26-2011 at 03:18 PM.
TheMessenger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote