Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

View Poll Results: Should Tankabon return?
No. 2 3.13%
yes. 55 85.94%
Do not care one way or the other. 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough
Default Bring back Tankabon

I was discussing some of the old days with my clan mates and I realised something. Many of the long time players of Ignis miss Tankabon.

Tankabon to me, was a very iconic MOB to the realm. It is a rite of passage and a graduation from the initiation zone.

Tankabon was the mob that would snap you back to reality. You are a young player in the noob zone killing everything in your wake, you buy into the idea that you are the next hero and legend of the realm then....
You come across good old tanky. You think to yourself , that skele dosen't stand a chance against your might and you rush in solo, ignoring the quest warning. After a short while you resurrect at the altar with your tail between your legs, wondering what went wrong. Then reality kicks in. You realise that you were not as all powerful as you thought you were.
You get some friends or make some new ones and you all march up there and after a battle, sweet success. You are now ready to head outside. If you were lucky you got the mace as well. Nowadays the mace and skull are collectors items.
Tanky was such a legend even lvl 50 players would run back to help kill it off.

Now we have the spider queen and lich Barukahn and sadly both do not live up the legend that is Tankabon.

I say bring Tankabon out of retirement. But, don't put him back in the initiation zone. Place him in that little canyon just below Altaruk Altar, make him a little harder and place him in a level 12 quest.
Every Ignean new and old should be able to experience the Tankabon quest. It is a part of what it is to be a proud Ignean.

The old quest for nostalgia:

"Apprentice Assignment III"
Linna said...

It has been no coincidence that your previous training has been taking place in Tankabon's Domains. Your assignment will teach you the power of friends. You will once again travel into the mountains to the south of Nasraah Tej to Tankabon's Domains, but it is advised that you find 5 others to assist you.

Tankabon was an Elite Guard that was posted in our town to oversee the welcoming and training of those like yourself who want to join the guard to fight for Ignis. But something happened to him. He began to change. The enchanter of our town had never seen anything like it and we sent word back to the homeland to see if the council could give advice but it was too late.

One morning, he was found dead. I am telling you this because you are going to go into Tankabon's Domains once again, but this time to kill him. I know it is hard to understand, and the council has not given us any information on why this has happened, but what is important is Tankabon has risen, and the fury of killing that made him a killing machine against our foes he now turns on his own people.

Go and kill 5 Fragile Skeleton and find and kill Tankabon. Return to me when you have completed the assignment.

Jessirah said...

According to this letter you have taken care of the trouble there. Take this reward as token of appreciation for a job well done.

I need time to collect my thoughts on what to report on the occurences that are happening on the empire. See out General... I'm sure he has some assignments for you.
Tasks

1. Go to Tankabon's Domains
2. Kill 5 Fragile Skeleton
3. Kill 1 Tankabon
4. Go to Essadi Village
5. Speak to Fahur (Essadi Village: 5202, 1218)
6. Give Letter of Commendation to Jessirah (Essadi Village: 5213, 1175)

Regards
Artec

Last edited by bois; 03-03-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: added the old quest
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

Hmm never played in ignis not sure why he was removed

i say bring him back ^^
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Freduardo
Initiate

Freduardo is on a distinguished road

Alsius had the crystal guard zero as an equivalent (back when he was still harder to kill), and later Thorburn.

No idea why they were removed. Sure you got a lot of newbies crying about it in realm chat, but at the same time it promoted teamwork, and gave a nice introduction of what was to come (Hellu and Throgg for example).

I say yes, bring tankabon and thorburn back, and give/restore the syrtian version too.
(Maybe you should make the last one epicly difficult, teach them how to properly zerg right from the get-go :P)
Old 03-04-2010, 02:28 AM   #4
SlackerLinux2
Apprentice

SlackerLinux2 is on a distinguished road

why bring him back he only drops a +str very low lvl mace

dont know what the new one drops yet should start killing him till i find out
SlackerLinux2 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

I don't think tankabon should come back as a quest, but it would be nice to see him back as a low-level epic that you hear about nearly from the start. Have the villagers in Nasraah Tej going on about some unknown terror to the east, and then in Essadi you actually hear the name tankabon. You don't get a quest for it, but you hear about his legendary weapon (ooh, make the weapon actually good too, instead of a somewhat lame bog standard mace), and put those ruins under the northern mount to work as the new tankabon's domains
Old 03-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Godot
Apprentice

Godot is on a distinguished road

bring him back
/me still treasures his Tanky skull
Old 03-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxslacker2 View Post
why bring him back he only drops a +str very low lvl mace

dont know what the new one drops yet should start killing him till I find out
As far as i know it drops nothing and is a one hit wonder. Probably a 0.5 hit for a level 30 +.

Start killing the lich and you will understand the anticlimax of it compared to Tankabon. Yelamid is the strongest in that zone now.

Artec
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Hamster_of_sorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

+1

way back when while i was lvling up my old marks, i had JUST gotten the quest for tanky then NGD took him away(like the very next day). >.<

anyway, i always liked tanky. he was exactly as you said. the mob that showed you that you were not "all that".

the other day i was helping a friend in the noob zone and came across the lich barukahn. one hit killed it. i did a lowly little 655 normal. tanky would have taken that in stride.

/me wants tanky back!!!!
Hamster_of_sorrow no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafails View Post
put those ruins under the northern mount to work as the new tankabon's domains
I'd be happy with this.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
Dark_Barbarian
Initiate

Dark_Barbarian is an unknown quantity at this point

i was just gona make a post about this lmao.

/me slaps NGD for takeing my little tankabon away.
Dark_Barbarian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote