Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road
Default Dragon Weapon Stats

Currently the dragon weapon stats aren't good enough and a lot of people have given up completely because making them is a waste of time. Anyone who is still trying to make one is only doing so because of the new looks (including me).

In my opinion health is not needed on the weapons at all. Instead, the weapons should give what the class actually needs without making them useless.

Here are a few suggestions on what the weapons could have.

Staff
Definitely needs cast speed since every mage values it. A lot use low level staffs simply because they have 7% CS and they embed another 7 after. Some have said that armour bonus should be a stat on the staff.

Bow
Archers dont need more health, instead add dexterity. Not sure what else could be added without making them OP. Suggestions?

1h Sword
The 1h sword is knight only and health actually makes sense with it. Knights are already tanky and have good damage. A fast sword is a nice change.

2h Sword
Currently the worst dragon weapon, 2 handed weapons have been overshadowed ever since the release of dual wield. Not making 2h useful again will just mean that people will make this weapon for fusion only.

Hayir made a good suggestion on how to make 2h useful again.
https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...d.php?t=108221

Just a few extra suggestions

-Shields, offhands and a 1h weapon for barbarians need to be added.
-Some materials should be returned upon item craft failure. Imagine the frustration of waiting a week for a dragon weapon only to see it fail and disappear, along with your materials.

Overall, I think crafting was a success. I can see why it took so long to do. Some changes are needed but I like where this is going. Depending on how rare ancient soul breaths are, the weapons are on (more or less) the same level of difficulty to get as mag weapons.

Thanks for reading, and good job NGD.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #2
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Currently the dragon weapon stats aren't good enough and a lot of people have given up completely because making them is a waste of time. Anyone who is still trying to make one is only doing so because of the new looks (including me).

In my opinion health is not needed on the weapons at all. Instead, the weapons should give what the class actually needs without making them useless.

Here are a few suggestions on what the weapons could have.

Staff
Definitely needs cast speed since every mage values it. A lot use low level staffs simply because they have 7% CS and they embed another 7 after. Some have said that armour bonus should be a stat on the staff.

Bow
Archers dont need more health, instead add dexterity. Not sure what else could be added without making them OP. Suggestions?

1h Sword
The 1h sword is knight only and health actually makes sense with it. Knights are already tanky and have good damage. A fast sword is a nice change.

2h Sword
Currently the worst dragon weapon, 2 handed weapons have been overshadowed ever since the release of dual wield. Not making 2h useful again will just mean that people will make this weapon for fusion only.

Hayir made a good suggestion on how to make 2h useful again.
https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...d.php?t=108221

Just a few extra suggestions

-Shields, offhands and a 1h weapon for barbarians need to be added.
-Some materials should be returned upon item craft failure. Imagine the frustration of waiting a week for a dragon weapon only to see it fail and disappear, along with your materials.

Overall, I think crafting was a success. I can see why it took so long to do. Some changes are needed but I like where this is going. Depending on how rare ancient soul breaths are, the weapons are on (more or less) the same level of difficulty to get as mag weapons.

Thanks for reading, and good job NGD.
Good post. I'll add.

I don't understand how WZ lvl 55 weapons can be better than Dragon level 60 weapons. Dragon crafting takes more time and is harder to get.

Example: 2h Eve axe is currently better than Tenax 2h sword. Eve axe is probably the worse of the weapons to drop from Eve.

Before the "oh all you want is raw dmg added to these weapons people post" lets all be honest the stats are horrible.

Adrian has already stated that NGD wants these weapons to be difficult to obtain. So shouldn't the rewards be higher?

The only dragon weapon that won't be a waste of time and energy are the Dragon bows. 2h weapons are a thing of the past. Don't understand why time was wasted on creating one. The 1h Knight sword is the same as Mag sword 55. One of the worst you can make. Or at-least to me the spear/hammer/axe would be far better.

These weapons are actually harder to obtain than Mag 55 weapons. In haven I could see why it would be difficult to make a Mag weapon. But on RA the mag flow is ridiculous. Never seen so much mag until I switched servers.

However with dragon weapons. You have to put in the time/effort to create just 1. So at-least we should be rewarded fairly for our time. Boost these weapons "some". Im not saying add 50 elemental dmg to them. But common 120 hp and crit?
Old 12-02-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

To make the weapons worthwhile to get, you need to make them at leastcompetitive to the current drop weapons.

For Bows, filling a slot with Dex is usually far worse than with a damage type.

You could arguably boost the base damage on the Dragon bow, however the possibility of having elemental damage on a slot is more attractive then a higher base.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #4
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Taking into account the time and the effort they need to be obtained, they should be far more the best weapons in the game imo. Even better than mag weapons....

There are two thing's on my mind, either raise their stats, or leave them as they are, but add something that makes them worth for us to use/equip.
By equipping them the user should get an "ancient skill", a skill that is tempting and useful enough, so everyone would wanna get them.
Sorry but long post () Let's hope not.

Starting with staff bonuses.
Damage, range and speed is irrelevant for now, also would separate the given bonuses for warlock and conju.

-For warlock:
-Cast speed +7%
-Range received damage -10%
-Mana cost -15%

-For conju:
-Mana +150
-Casting time -15%
-Melee received damage -5%

-------------------------------------------------------

Bows are the only weapons imo too that are worth to get damage-wise right now, still, the HP bonus sucks.

121-136 +35, slow, range 35.

The first bonus could be +15 damage for each realm, +15 ice for Alsius, +15 fire for Ignis and +15 lightning for Syrtis. If this would happen, I would lower its damage from +35 to +25.
The second bonus could be +100 mana for both hunter and marksman. Since its damage is nice I wouldn't add a third bonus, would leave it as it is now, critical chance+34%.

--------------------------------------------------------

Two handed sword.

315-345+43, medium.
Even the magnatite 2h sword has more damage and it's also medium.....
As many said already, the worst weapon of all.
Boosting the damage by 20-30 elemental damage (Ice for Alsius, Fire for Ignis, Lighting for Syrtis) would work miracles!
I would replace the HP bonus with +6/7 Constitution bonus too.

---------------------------------------------------------

1h sword.

168-184+43, fast.
Second best weapon , tho the HP bonus kinda sucks on it as well. Constitution would be better since knights values it more.

Imo the elemental add on could work here too, could be 168-184+33, +15 ice/fire/lighting damage (each for all realm), second bonus constitution +5, third one critical chance +42%.

----------------------------------------------------------

About those "ancient skills" now.
Leave their stats as they are now, but add a new skill for each subclass. This skill could appear in the corresponding skill trees after equipping the dragon weapon. The new skill(s) would be

-For a hunter:
-Improved Enemy Surveillance: Casting time 1sec, CD 15 sec, rest (range/LV, mana cost, GCD) would remain the same,
-Improved Camouflage: +10 sec of duration for each LV, CD, GCD would remain the same.

-For a Marksman:
-Improved Recharged Arrows: Health and mana per arrow -25%,
-Improved Dead eye: Attack speed reduction -50% for each level.

-For a warlock:
-Improved Wind wall: Range received damage +50% for each level,
-Improved Arcane Devotion: Duration 5 minute, CD the same.

-For a conjurer:
-Improved healing: Select 2 allies and heal them at the same time with a healing spell (only the simple Heal ally and Regenerate ally could be used, nothing else),
-Improved Ambitious Sacrifice: Received mana +25%, lost HP -25% for each level.

-For a Barbarian:
-Improved berserk: Evasion chance -50% only instead of the 100%,
-Improved spiritual blow: Range of the spell +50%.

-For a knight:
-Improved Onslaught: The knight gets affected by the power as well,
-Improved Defensive Support: The movement speed malus gets reduced by
50%.

Just a few suggestions .
Old 12-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #5
Pery3000
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post

About those "ancient skills" now.
Leave their stats as they are now, but add a new skill for each subclass. This skill could appear in the corresponding skill trees after equipping the dragon weapon. The new skill(s) would be

-For a hunter:
-Improved Enemy Surveillance: Casting time 1sec, CD 15 sec, rest (range/LV, mana cost, GCD) would remain the same,
-Improved Camouflage: +10 sec of duration for each LV, CD, GCD would remain the same.

-For a Marksman:
-Improved Recharged Arrows: Health and mana per arrow -25%,
-Improved Dead eye: Attack speed reduction -50% for each level.

-For a warlock:
-Improved Wind wall: Range received damage +50% for each level,
-Improved Arcane Devotion: Duration 5 minute, CD the same.

-For a conjurer:
-Improved healing: Select 2 allies and heal them at the same time with a healing spell (only the simple Heal ally and Regenerate ally could be used, nothing else),
-Improved Ambitious Sacrifice: Received mana +25%, lost HP -25% for each level.

-For a Barbarian:
-Improved berserk: Evasion chance -50% only instead of the 100%,
-Improved spiritual blow: Range of the spell +50%.

-For a knight:
-Improved Onslaught: The knight gets affected by the power as well,
-Improved Defensive Support: The movement speed malus gets reduced by
50%.

Just a few suggestions .
I like the idea of the ancient spells. However I dont like the spells you chose for them. The attack speed reduction for dead-eye goes on the target of the marksmen? Most the spells are 50% each lvl .. So lvl 5 is 250? Not understanding this. Maybe im just over-reading it. Btw the barb spells triggered me. Compared to the OP lock ones. Needs better balance of spells. One class shouldn't have the better of them all. Like how WM tree is now.

But I like the concept of it. Good suggestion.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #6
Takeyo
Apprentice

Takeyo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pery3000 View Post
I like the idea of the ancient spells. However I dont like the spells you chose for them. The attack speed reduction for dead-eye goes on the target of the marksmen? Most the spells are 50% each lvl .. So lvl 5 is 250? Not understanding this. Maybe im just over-reading it. Btw the barb spells triggered me. Compared to the OP lock ones. Needs better balance of spells. One class shouldn't have the better of them all. Like how WM tree is now.

But I like the concept of it. Good suggestion.
Same here. Also, I rather think that all of the altered spells should be subclass spells instead of including some class spells, since the spells are chosen on the basis of subclass after all.

I doubt anything like this will happen, though. Their system allows for it, obviously, but I get the feeling that it's not entirely stable. The item-tied functionality of the Warmaster spells is weird enough sometimes
Old 12-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #7
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pery3000 View Post
No, what I meant by Dead Eye and all other mentioned powers is, I took a look at the current version that is being used in-game, so Dead Eye LV5 now gives 30% weapon dmg bonus AND -8% attack speed > > according to my suggestion it'd get improved by lowering that 8% to 4% only for the LV5 spell. It'd lower the attack speed reduction for each LV by 50%. ^^

Also, it was intended to give warlocks "better" improvements and weapon stats since they need it the most imho atm. They are ranged-killed all time without being able to do anything but hiding .
Old 12-10-2016, 01:59 AM   #8
Pery3000
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post
No, what I meant by Dead Eye and all other mentioned powers is, I took a look at the current version that is being used in-game, so Dead Eye LV5 now gives 30% weapon dmg bonus AND -8% attack speed > > according to my suggestion it'd get improved by lowering that 8% to 4% only for the LV5 spell. It'd lower the attack speed reduction for each LV by 50%. ^^

Also, it was intended to give warlocks "better" improvements and weapon stats since they need it the most imho atm. They are ranged-killed all time without being able to do anything but hiding .
Ok now I understand. It would be cool if NGD could build on this idea.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #9
kowocki
Initiate

kowocki is on a distinguished road

Why not revamp dragon weapons stats? Make them like ignean axe, with base elemental damage ice for Alasthor, fire for Tenax, lightning for Vesper.

This will be ofc tricky to balance them with proper damage/attack speed as this will be affected by class attribute (anyone remember lvl 50 cap and archers with daen bow+2x ignan fury rings and tenax amulet?)

But it`s worth a try considering how hard it is to obtain them/craft them