Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 07-10-2017, 03:58 AM   #1
Deepak007
Apprentice

Deepak007 is on a distinguished road
Default Few things that need urgent attention

Hi,

I will jump straight in to the topic without wasting time. Below are few issues that I believe urgent attention with regards to modification or fixing.

1. Paladins Aid: The most annoying spell active in game currently. Couple knights around and your targets are invincible. Seriously buffed barbs getting paladins aid at the last moment and neither the knight dies nor the target and the player is wasting mana trying to kill the target and above all this is complete bs. Paladin's aid was better earlier though it needed some improvement in terms of hp given.

->My suggestion is to change this spell to the stats of Ethereal Mantle.

2. Nature's Fury: Another retard spell which is used now a days by every pet hunter. Get a straight confuse 5 of the horse with double knocks (ambush 5 and nature's fury 5) you have no chance. Oh!wait, right before you say kill that pet dude, the hunter cast skin of the beast 5 with 15 secs duration. And not to mention the retard game style of some hunters going camo in middle of the fight to cast ambush from behind.

->My suggestion is to remove knock from nature's fury and try to reduce the duration of confuse and skin of the beast a bit (10secs at the max).

3. Fire Arrow: Most useless war master spell in game.

->My suggestion is to change this spell to the stats of Fire Rain so marks can inflect powerful damage to all the enemies in an area.

4. Hiding the animation of Army of One and Defensive Support by clicking on Defensive/Offensive Stance in the mid way of casting: This technique has a become a fashion in game lately. Every wannabe knight wants to hide these spells so that enemy players can waste their spells on them. This needs an urgent fixing now that you (NGD) says your bug reporting tool is up to date.

5. Logging off inside forts: Make logging off inside forts completely disabled like the implementation of casting teleport inside fort. If a guy wants to log off he may fight to death and then log off no excuses given.

6. Darkness begin dispelled by Protect Ally: Unarguably the most frustrating issue atm. Make sure that Darkness can't be dispelled by a knight. Gives better chance to kill any enemy in an RVR combat and worth playing warlock.

Those are the main issues that I can recall for now, will update issues in this thread if I come across any. If any of you can post such issues that would be helpful to the community as well.

Thanks,

Dwarf Cousins Association
Deepak007 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:27 AM   #2
rinky
Initiate

rinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak007 View Post
Hi,

1. Paladins Aid: The most annoying spell active in game currently. Couple knights around and your targets are invincible. Seriously buffed barbs getting paladins aid at the last moment and neither the knight dies nor the target and the player is wasting mana trying to kill the target and above all this is complete bs. Paladin's aid was better earlier though it needed some improvement in terms of hp given.
Really? an 8-second spell with a cooldown of 40 seconds and you've got the idea that just two knights can make people invincible?

Quote:
->My suggestion is to change this spell to the stats of Ethereal Mantle.
Why? 8 seconds of "hard to hurt" and you think it should be stackable with Ethereal Mantle? Bad idea. The spell is just fine. Hit the target with Darkness, and then hit the knight (who has darkness on him although you can't see it!)

Quote:
2. Nature's Fury: Another retard spell which is used now a days by every pet hunter. Get a straight confuse 5 of the horse with double knocks (ambush 5 and nature's fury 5) you have no chance. Oh!wait, right before you say kill that pet dude, the hunter cast skin of the beast 5 with 15 secs duration. And not to mention the retard game style of some hunters going camo in middle of the fight to cast ambush from behind.
So. Is this any worse than the knight who uses Defensive Stance with Army of One and Defensive Support to walk into a cluster of enemies, switch to Offensive Stance, Typhoon, change weapons to blunt, and then Thunder Strike? Can you honestly tell me it's worse?

Is it worse than the Barb with Divine Intervention and Ethereal Mantle then casting UM, waltzing into the middle of the enemies, nearly unkillable, and unleashing a 3000-point typhoon followed by a Whirlwind attack after changing weapons?

Nature's fury is not all that powerful. Honestly. It may need changes, but right now I barely even notice it. To be more effective, it needs more range and more damage. The only times my hunter has used it, she's died right afterward to the swords, spears, axes, hammers, et cetera, of the infuriated Knights and Barbs who got knocked down. I laughed all the way back to the war.

Quote:
->My suggestion is to remove knock from nature's fury and try to reduce the duration of confuse and skin of the beast a bit (10secs at the max).
Taking knock from Nature's fury would be a bit like taking knockdown from Typhoon. If you're going to do the one, you should do the other. And from the other area effect Warrior powers. Matter of fact, let's reduce UM to 7 seconds so the Barb is more easily killed before he delivers the Whirlwind attack.

Same logic. Bad idea.

Quote:
Damn near. This is a defensive sort of spell, and seems out of place in the Marksman's power tree. (Wow. I agreed with the first half of your point)

Quote:
->My suggestion is to change this spell to the stats of Fire Rain so marks can inflect powerful damage to all the enemies in an area.
Duplicating Fire Rain in the Warmaster tree does not sound like the correct way to go, however. Powerful damage, okay, maybe.

Come up with something new.

How about a power like this:
Concussion Arrow: Area 6, 3-second knockdown, 50% chance of removing 1 random active power per affected target (somewhat like Mind Squasher, but only 1 active power removed), +100% weapon damage, BLUNT, 180 second cooldown.
I'm not recommending this. I'm simply offering an idea that might be better than duplicating Fire Rain.

Quote:
4. Hiding the animation of Army of One and Defensive Support by clicking on Defensive/Offensive Stance in the mid way of casting: This technique has a become a fashion in game lately. Every wannabe knight wants to hide these spells so that enemy players can waste their spells on them. This needs an urgent fixing now that you (NGD) says your bug reporting tool is up to date.
Their bug fixing tools are the same as ever, however, and are limited. Is this something you'd put ahead of a bunch of other things? The list of bugs and problems in the game is long. Not as long as the list for certain Redmond-based operating systems, but long. I'm sure they've got them prioritized. Is this something that should jump to the head of the queue simply because you're irritated by it?

Quote:
5. Logging off inside forts: Make logging off inside forts completely disabled like the implementation of casting teleport inside fort. If a guy wants to log off he may fight to death and then log off no excuses given.
The poor player is at the library, the place is closing, she needs to go home. And you want to prevent her from logging off?

I think this is a notoriously bad idea.

Two ideas:
1) logging off inside a fort while it's under attack accumulates some sort of penalty at next login. Something similar to Necro, but it can only be reduced to 0 (aero) by 10 player kills of normal challenge or higher. Until it's reduced to 0 (zero), the player's experience, RP, and WMC accumulations are halved.

2) logging off inside a fort while it's under attack leaves your character there for 60 seconds. (Eve Online does something like this when you log off after a fight)
Don't prevent logoff inside a fort during a fight. Simply add a cost to it. Anyone can log off any time they please, anywhere they please. But there's a cost to logging off in some locations.

However, something else to remember: the more stuff that gets added to the game logic, the slower the game will be. Inevitably.

Quote:
6. Darkness begin dispelled by Protect Ally: Unarguably the most frustrating issue atm. Make sure that Darkness can't be dispelled by a knight. Gives better chance to kill any enemy in an RVR combat and worth playing warlock.
Warlock is worth playing even with the problem of Protect Ally dispelling darkness.

But NGD has already answered this suggestion with a NO. Protect Ally trumps Darkness. I'd find the reference, but I'm sure you've seen it.

This is the most frustrating issue to you?

I barely notice this anymore. Different strokes, I guess.

Rinky
Syrits RA
rinky no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:01 AM   #3
Deepak007
Apprentice

Deepak007 is on a distinguished road

Firstly, why you take the example of two knights, consider 6-7 knights which is a daily case scenario at Haven, endless spam of paladin's aid from every other knight almost makes anything invincible. Idea was to implement ethereal mantle stats to paladin's aid and something else to the actual ethereal mantle spell. Good luck casting darkness on a barb when he is under DI.

Secondly, you need some understanding of what I mentioned with nature's fury, I said when you get straight confuse 5 from mount you are left with no option of survival. When a buffed barb or knight with off stance is rushing and casting areas (apart from melee) it is your own fault to stay in that area. Barbs are the damage dealers and they should have high damage regardless of what you say.

And yeah let's reduce UM to 7 secs and give roar a range of 25 like distracting shot.

Lastly, a poor player at a library should be busy studying and not playing games. A player can give hundreds of reasons to log off and yes it should be possible anywhere in the map but just not at forts and castles. If your enemy can kill you while enjoying the benefits of forts, you should have the privilege to kill him back when you are capturing the fort.

On a side note all your sayings are based on a server with bigger population which is not the way that happens in a server with smaller population. Every player and their spell in a small populated server like Haven matters.

Thanks,

Dwarf Cousins Association
Deepak007 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #4
kowocki
Initiate

kowocki is on a distinguished road

points 1) and 2) is what most players asked for (ra server) tho dont remember anybody asking haven players about it

anyway haven opinion maters little as we are like 1-2% of current game active population
Old 07-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

1) Cooldown is way too short
2) I think this spell is fine; confuse duration is another issue
3) Blessed, Fire Arrow and Heroic Shout - all of them are useless imo and shouldn't be placed in skill tree called warmaster; my ideas
4) Pretty annoying bug abused by most knights; also it's still possible to hide Precise Block animation (caster shouldn't be able to rotate during duration of PB)
5) Disconnecting time inside fortification should be increased to 60 sec
6) Darkness shouldn't be dispellable by protect ally; like Confuse Darkness lasts too long if maxed

I would add 3 points to your list:
7) DI - reduce duration of this spell; it cancels 50% spells in this game and making rushing barbs to be in godmode
8) MS - effect is too strong; should only remove ally buffs
9) Mass Ress - there is no real counter against this spell and it can ruin the whole effort in killing enemies;
Mass Cremation is needed :P I suggest to rework current cremation spell: 1lvl - 1 enemy, 2lvl 2 enemies, 3lvl 3 enemies, 4lvl 4 enemies, 5lvl 5 enemies; 300 sec cooldown; 100% chance
Old 07-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #6
rossi
Initiate

rossi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
consider 6-7 knights which is a daily case scenario at Haven
Damn, 6-7 knights and all of them Warmasters? I find no problem with paladins aid on Haven, maybe on RA where you might have more knights? (lol how many 'other sublass' per knight)

I think we all wanted an spell that makes knight get damage from allies, you know, for being an actually good support class, and they finally made it.

As i said, i can think on an scenario where this spell becomes some kind of op (on ra), but the solution will never be changing a wm spell for some shit like ethereal mantle. Lets talk about possible solutions:

Duration: People talk about reducing 2 secs, but actually, 6 or 8 seconds doesnt make a difference according to the function.
Cooldown: Adding 20 secs, from 40 to 60. This is reasonable, this way you will use it just once per "fight" and requires the decision of when to cast it.
Cant cast precise block: Well, casting army of one its a must with this, 2 barbs target your ally and youre dead with just def stance. So no.
Cant move: Damn useless knight.

So, modify cooldown and playing smartly. If we care about balance on this 'kind of complex' game, we cant just monkey target an enemy for the thirst of killing without paralyzing the so manipulable support knight thats arriving. And of course, its a very good spell, annoying for enemies, thats why its on wm tree, takes effort to get it.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

About DI - there are constant posts to nerf it more. Please understand it is needed on conjus and if you are lone conju or do not have it casted on you it is constant struggle of being dizzy, because everyone spams conjus dizzies.

The only problem of DI is that it is casted on barbs. If there is possibility to make this spell to be casted only on conjus and return back to cooldown = duration it will be the best.

If we continue with this soon DI will be nerfed beyond any possibility to be useful and with this class which will be most fked up will be not barbs, but conjus.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #8
rossi
Initiate

rossi is on a distinguished road

About fixing the bug of hiding buff animations, fuck yes, this is urgent, not a lot of people does it (luckily), but totally BREAKS the gameplay. Me casting (wasting) knocks on @Halvdan thinking they dont work because of Steadiness when my last typhoon arrives and hes still up, thats a good joke.

About PA on darkness, this is op, but people still target knight at last, warlocks should cast darkness and then immobilize the near knight, letting barbs and others to kill the guy with darkness. It should be harder on Ra hehe.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #9
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I don't see how this scenario matters at all. If a barb knocks me off a mount I won't be able to do anything either. Mounts shouldn't really matter when it comes to balance.
On a side note, cast speed shouldn't effect mount cast time.

Quote:

I don't think it is useless, just most marks are too bad to use it. Once in a while I see one who does and it helps. As we all know, winter stroke 5 is very common and 7 seconds freeze can make a big difference in a fight. Many people actually complain about this spell, yet hardly anyone likes the counter spell, fire arrow. Of course there is also freeze from warlocks.
As a knight I would love to see more people use it anyway, so I can use my pa for other ccs.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:49 PM   #10
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi View Post
About fixing the bug of hiding buff animations, fuck yes, this is urgent, not a lot of people does it (luckily), but totally BREAKS the gameplay. Me casting (wasting) knocks on @Halvdan thinking they dont work because of Steadiness when my last typhoon arrives and hes still up, thats a good joke.
I am probably hiding Ao1 animation a lot, but unintentionally. Since you often use Ao1 to go out of def stance it probably happens to many people. I will pay more attention to it though and try to avoid it.
Defensive support I honestly don't know, but I think I usually see my animation so don't think I do it. But I see it missing on many others for sure.