Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
SilviusDiscipulus
Pledge

SilviusDiscipulus is on a distinguished road
Question Windows XP weirdness

Hey all,

I recently installed RO on my Asus eee pc 1018p, curious if it would work. I retrofitted the pc back to Windows XP for speed reasons (that and Windows 7 Starter is the worst OS I have ever seen). My current problem is rather strange, I can sign in, but when I should first start seeing game graphics (choose your character) I have the Regnum cursor, I hear the music, but all I see is my desktop. It appears that my computer thinks it is displaying the game without doing so. Any ideas on how to fix this?
SilviusDiscipulus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Miraculix
Count

Miraculix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviusDiscipulus View Post
Hey all,

I recently installed RO on my Asus eee pc 1018p, curious if it would work. I retrofitted the pc back to Windows XP for speed reasons (that and Windows 7 Starter is the worst OS I have ever seen). My current problem is rather strange, I can sign in, but when I should first start seeing game graphics (choose your character) I have the Regnum cursor, I hear the music, but all I see is my desktop. It appears that my computer thinks it is displaying the game without doing so. Any ideas on how to fix this?
I have the exact same problem whenever I remove the large screen I have connected to my laptop and try to play RO on the laptop screen. This problem occurs whenever the resolution set in the options is larger than the resolution of your screen (in my case, it was set to 1440x900 on a 1280x800 screen).

The way to fix this, of course, is to change the game resolution to something your screen can handle
Miraculix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
tjanex
Banned

tjanex is on a distinguished road

Had that too on my fathers laptop, but now I'm back on my computer and is everything OK ;D.
tjanex no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote