Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 11-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #1
Bully
Banned

Bully is on a distinguished road
Default I'm gone too.

That's it guys, I'm gone too. I'm just so sick of trying and getting nowhere. Alsius is absolutely hopeless. We are constantly grossly outnumbered and still no one will go three seconds out of their way to help anyone else out. I don't know, maybe everyone just hates me for some reason. Anyone and everyone who wants easy RP just comes to Alsius and gets it and no one cares enough to try and stop it. Outside of fort battles teamwork is non-existant. Even at fort battles we can hardly get enough to show interest to make a team. In every competition someone has to win and someone has to lose, but Alsius is trampled to death constantly due to lack of effort. There's no enjoyment in this.

The second part of the problem, the balance is ridiculous. I've said it so many times I'm sick of saying it. Mages are outrageously overpowered. I just left Pozo where 4 of us were ridiculed by two mages who repeatedly made a mockery of us. NGD seems to have absolutely no interest in smoothing out the balance of this game. It was no time after the last reset and move from Beta when hunters and knights were powered down as much as possible. And it's still happening. My sister can hit harder than a knight now and taking ranged pets from hunters was crippling. For some reason these two classes had to be weakened as soon as possible. I asked directly in another thread if there was any plan to balance mages anytime in the near future. I asked simply for a yes or no answer. The question was shouldered, indicating no intention to seriously look at balance any time soon. Sure I realize the whole team is working hard on this product but I just can't see why they spend time addressing the appearance of a Yeti when the game is so off-balance.

But anyway, I'm nobody in the grand scheme of things I guess so I will dismiss myself for now. Maybe in the future, near or far, I'll return and see if the whole thing runs a little smoother, who knows. For now I'm very disappointed to see such a potentially great product fall apart. My only regret is that I invested so much into it. I sincerely hope this turns into something great. Farewell to all the great people I've met here.
Bully no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:46 AM   #2
ncvr
Marquis

ncvr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully
That's it guys, I'm gone too. I'm just so sick of trying and getting nowhere. Alsius is absolutely hopeless. We are constantly grossly outnumbered and still no one will go three seconds out of their way to help anyone else out. I don't know, maybe everyone just hates me for some reason. Anyone and everyone who wants easy RP just comes to Alsius and gets it and no one cares enough to try and stop it. Outside of fort battles teamwork is non-existant. Even at fort battles we can hardly get enough to show interest to make a team. In every competition someone has to win and someone has to lose, but Alsius is trampled to death constantly due to lack of effort. There's no enjoyment in this.

The second part of the problem, the balance is ridiculous. I've said it so many times I'm sick of saying it. Mages are outrageously overpowered. I just left Pozo where 4 of us were ridiculed by two mages who repeatedly made a mockery of us. NGD seems to have absolutely no interest in smoothing out the balance of this game. It was no time after the last reset and move from Beta when hunters and knights were powered down as much as possible. And it's still happening. My sister can hit harder than a knight now and taking ranged pets from hunters was crippling. For some reason these two classes had to be weakened as soon as possible. I asked directly in another thread if there was any plan to balance mages anytime in the near future. I asked simply for a yes or no answer. The question was shouldered, indicating no intention to seriously look at balance any time soon. Sure I realize the whole team is working hard on this product but I just can't see why they spend time addressing the appearance of a Yeti when the game is so off-balance.

But anyway, I'm nobody in the grand scheme of things I guess so I will dismiss myself for now. Maybe in the future, near or far, I'll return and see if the whole thing runs a little smoother, who knows. For now I'm very disappointed to see such a potentially great product fall apart. My only regret is that I invested so much into it. I sincerely hope this turns into something great. Farewell to all the great people I've met here.
Mages aren't unblananced since the last update which increased resist chances yet again. You may argue your spells will be resisted as well, but we have low concentration compared to archers and you can at least have an effective base attack compared to out piffling bolts of fire. Without metabolic control, we are useless. I have a spell resisted on every second mob I attack. What's more, we have low constitution, low defense and are useless when dizzied. Our accuracy seems lower then a warrior's without certain spells.
ncvr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
amade
Baron

amade is on a distinguished road

No one helping each other out? Just today I've seen several people going out of their way to help root out some greens who kept ambushing people around the herb-aggers road. And afterwards we all regrouped to go and exact revenge on them and everyone was quite disciplined, we managed to settle the score.

I don't know, maybe it's just your luck :\

FoV Clan Inventory Listing
amade no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
Ironfoot
Initiate

Ironfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Alsius is weakest realm, in terms of number of players, but if u abandon it, and even worse, join a zerg realm of Syrtis, it just shows your character. Peace.
Ironfoot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #5
chuckclose1
Master

chuckclose1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrovarus
Mages aren't unblananced since the last update which increased resist chances yet again. You may argue your spells will be resisted as well, but we have low concentration compared to archers and you can at least have an effective base attack compared to out piffling bolts of fire. Without metabolic control, we are useless. I have a spell resisted on every second mob I attack. What's more, we have low constitution, low defense and are useless when dizzied. Our accuracy seems lower then a warrior's without certain spells.
i agree there is no imbalence especialy after the last update
i have beaten and been beatin by my same lvl in all classes.
its more of what class u build your char to beat
every build of every class has another class they have diffeculty with
i am happy to say they fixed the bug that let every one of my spells get resisted by everyone, butt they defenatly have tamed down our powers
mages have little cons so we will get resisted alot

Flame of Vahalla
UTGHAR Warlock lvl 44
NORDO LVL5 ARCHER= SUPER NOOB
chuckclose1 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
amade
Baron

amade is on a distinguished road

After thinking about it a bit longer I feel I should sympathise more with your predicament. This is a game after all, you're supposed to be having fun and relieve some stress, not take it. If things have become so stressful then it's a good idea to stop playing for a while. But try to come back in a few days when you feel a bit more refreshed. Just shrug off those who continue to play the game unethically and those who are uncooperative, there other players who will support you and they too will need your support.

As for the game balance... Well, all I can say is that trust NGD is constantly working on it while listening to the community. I get my arse owned by practically every class, but warlocks and hunters especially. I haven't been able to kill either a warlock or a hunter with pet in 1vs1 for quite a long while now, while it's tempting to say that they are overpowered I simply think that it all balances out in the bigger scheme of things.

FoV Clan Inventory Listing
amade no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #7
KryptoN_
Pledge

KryptoN_ is on a distinguished road

Wow man, are you serious? I saw you were a bit ticked off at the time but I didn't think it would come to this . For the times we were on at the same time, you helped me as much as you could and I thank you for that. And to the thing you said about Alsius being outnumbered, yeaaa something should be done about that because it's not fun being steamrolled until they get bored and go elsewhere. However, if the game's not enjoyable for you then it is probably best that you take a break, but be back soon!

Also, what will happen to Disposable Heroes .
Old 11-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

Toooo much ppl leaving
and by leaving u r making alsius weaker...so i hope u come back to us 1 day dude
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
Twinkle1
Initiate

Twinkle1 is on a distinguished road

OMG not you to

I am sad to see you go your a great guy and i for one will miss you, i do hope you come back to us at some point, Alsius cant lose no more people its going to turn into a ghost realm soon, but i understand why your going lots have said the same things.
i wish you well Twinkle xxxxxx
Twinkle1 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

I feel bad for Alsuis,
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote