Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support > Linux

Linux Technical issues under Linux platform

Old 04-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
ChadMC
Initiate

ChadMC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SLI in Linux

Hello, I am using Ubuntu 7.04 BETA. This also occurred in the stable 6.10 release as well.

I am using 2 NVidia GeForce 6800GT video cards running in SLI. Running it in AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering), the sabertooths flicker as well as female character's hair. Running the game in SFR (Split-Frame Rendering), no flickering occurs, but the water under certain conditions produces a weird effect. I have attached a photo to show you. Besides that, SLI seems to work fine. I just though I would point this out, hoping to have the best linux release possible

EDIT: while I have this screenshot to share... would it be possible to make the water fade out as it gets further away just like the land does? With the land fading but the water not fading, it makes it look rather odd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SLI_small.jpg (228.7 KB, 29 views)
ChadMC no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
lvviera
Initiate

lvviera is on a distinguished road

Hello, a question about SLI. I'm about to buy a new videocard and I don't knwo what is better: two geforce 7xxx in sli or one geforce 8xxx. How is stability in general? are 2 6800 twice as fast as one? Do games consider you have a video memory of the sum of both cards? any advice?
Thanks
lvviera no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
surak
Legend

surak has a spectacular aura aboutsurak has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMC
Hello, I am using Ubuntu 7.04 BETA. This also occurred in the stable 6.10 release as well.

I am using 2 NVidia GeForce 6800GT video cards running in SLI. Running it in AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering), the sabertooths flicker as well as female character's hair. Running the game in SFR (Split-Frame Rendering), no flickering occurs, but the water under certain conditions produces a weird effect. I have attached a photo to show you. Besides that, SLI seems to work fine. I just though I would point this out, hoping to have the best linux release possible

EDIT: while I have this screenshot to share... would it be possible to make the water fade out as it gets further away just like the land does? With the land fading but the water not fading, it makes it look rather odd.
This is a launcher bug; it's not setting the right render mode (the one which renders water reflection).
Old 04-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
ChadMC
Initiate

ChadMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvviera
Hello, a question about SLI. I'm about to buy a new videocard and I don't knwo what is better: two geforce 7xxx in sli or one geforce 8xxx. How is stability in general? are 2 6800 twice as fast as one? Do games consider you have a video memory of the sum of both cards? any advice?
Thanks
If I were you, I'd go with the newer and much improved 8xxx series. 2 6800's are not twice as fast as one, but in some games it does make a huge difference. Sadly for the moment, it doesn't make a huge difference in this game (could be different in windows, i'm not sure). I believe the game needs to be designed for SLI for it to really take advantage of it.
ChadMC no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:48 AM   #5
lvviera
Initiate

lvviera is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the answer
lvviera no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote