Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Lekarz
Master

Lekarz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New castles, walls and bridges!

Yesterday Frosk said that the following week will give us some changes in Regnum Online like castles, wall and bridges...

I hope thats not one more joke and we won't wait for them as for Dual Wield

They are also working on Instances

Now say what do you think about it
Lekarz no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

an improvement for bridges' surrounding and/or a redesign of the whole bridge system is a GREAT news. i was really more excited by it than i was for the new castles. i hope for a redesign of a big part of the warzone, with a better positioning of mobs' spawn and more interesting points to obtain nice battles in the whole map, not only @bridges/forts/saves/orc camps
Latan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
time-to-die
Baron

time-to-die is on a distinguished road

Awesome!!!
time-to-die no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekarz View Post
Yesterday Frosk said that the following week will give us some changes in Regnum Online like castles, wall and bridges...

walls and bridges? WHAT?
NSer no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

I would like to believe if Frosk said so. He did hint about more changes than just castles before as well.

It makes sense as NGD did mention that it is difficult to load in the resources to work on little parts at a time. So, while they do have those resources loaded in the Dev server, why not tweak a lot of stuff?

I assume you meant great walls? Those need some improvements indeed. Anything that would reduce resource load while they are in visual range is welcome. Bridges would be great. Even minor terrain tweaks would be welcome if they got the time.

Instances? yes they could do a few. The Dragons and legendary mobs can be instanced. They can use a few islands for instances. However, I would rather they not go overboard with it as it can hurt lower population servers. it would serve to depopulate the warzone.
If they do instances, it would be funny if you got kicked out of the instance if your realm became vulnerable.

Finally, I think they can reuse the old fort models. Make it even simpler. Make them 'abandoned forts'. Place one for each realm somewhere in each territory and have NO AI guarding them. Also, they have no doors at all at any time. They can be captured and used as a launch site to make a further advance into enemy territory. Instead of teleport to forts you can teleport to abandoned forts. You can give some trivial bonus like some gold or some kind of spirit boss of some long forgotten soldier to kill in there or something like that. You could put some achievements for it.

Optionally, you can make the area a mini mana regeneration boost hub for the realm that owns it. Nothing big or special.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Instances can be good for boss mobs. Right now they are simply zerged to death. In instance can be applied rules different from other part of the war zone. For example 10 players. As bois sayed players to be kicked from instances if realm is vulnerable or even instances completely disabled if realm is under attack, devastated or so.

This can give more freedom to make more non war activities better. Even war ones too - for example clan fights.

I really really look forward for this changes.

Please return back CS'es. We love them. Put them next to markets in coresponding areas - Syrtis one is ok, goat one to market, Ignis one as was loong ago in oasis and move market there.

This will really bring more intense wars around central forts.

I like the idea of old fort reuse too.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
Latan
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
Finally, I think they can reuse the old fort models. Make it even simpler. Make them 'abandoned forts'. Place one for each realm somewhere in each territory and have NO AI guarding them. Also, they have no doors at all at any time. They can be captured and used as a launch site to make a further advance into enemy territory. Instead of teleport to forts you can teleport to abandoned forts. You can give some trivial bonus like some gold or some kind of spirit boss of some long forgotten soldier to kill in there or something like that. You could put some achievements for it.
i still think the best option woul be putting the trainers spread in the warzone (each in 6 different locations) in a small biulding or in oper space, near a tre...where they prefer. then putting 3-5 guards subclass related (like 3-4-5 knights for the knight's trainer, same number of conju+summons near the conju trainer and so on) and make them defend the trainer. maybe when all the guards+trainer are dead, but something like the fort flag to capture the spot and disable the trainer for a while, until the spot is reconquered back.

a change like this would bring life in every corner of the warzone, because NDG could choose to put them in strategic points
Old 09-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #8
Pascher
Pledge

Pascher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekarz View Post

Can you quote that post cuz I can't find it anywhere (Chyba że sobie jaja robisz z community :P )
Pascher no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
Latan
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascher View Post
Can you quote that post cuz I can't find it anywhere (Chyba że sobie jaja robisz z community :P )
frosk said it in game chat (ignis-RA)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread