Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 09-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
KappaKing
Pledge

KappaKing is on a distinguished road
Post 2 new players- questions!

Hi everyone!

Me and my friend are looking to try out this game.

We have played countless mmos including Aion, WOW, warhammer AOC etc you name it weve played it and now have set our eyes on this RVR/PVP game.

so heres a few question!

1) how is pvp and pve?
we love pvp ( which is why we are interested in this game) but dislike pve (we hate grinding, although weve survived aion and wow so we can make a small sacrifice on that part)

2) Which server?
We are from the United States (NYC) and we were thinking on server HORUS

3) which side needs us?
alsius/ignis or syrtis?

4) which classes are the most needed?

Those are our main questions for now,
Thanks in advance for your responses, hope to see you all in-game and on the battlefield!
KappaKing no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
Immune
Master

Immune is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Regnum,

1: The pvp is great, so is the rvr (Usually, depending on number of players on each side). The pve is... not fun. Luckily you don't "have" to reach max level to partake in the pvp/rvr (there are plenty of non-50's in the war zone). If you and your friend plan on grinding together most of the time it will be a lot easier going for the both of you.

2: Horus is the english server. Ra is the Spanish server; though there are english speakers around there. Ra is more popluated, so unlike Horus there is not a lot of downtime (from my experience anyways), and the realms are more balanced there than on Horus.

3: Regardless of server, Syrtis is generally the most populated. Alsius or Ignis is the way to go if you're looking for the realm who needs help. (I suggest Alsius )

4: Pretty much anything except hunters are really "needed". Although Ignis doesn't really need any more warlocks (seriously like 2/3 of them seem to have high lvl warlocks.) Conjurers are always welcome though. (And they tend to make lots of friends lol).

Hope that helps.

P.S, if you do join horus/alsius, you can /chat me, name is "immune the blue".
Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #3
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Regnum

Horus is the English Server

www.regnum.wikia.com <--- this can take a lot of time off of grinding & questing

Warriors & Conjurers

If you join Alsius you can /chat Klutu anytime

Hope you enjoy the game
Old 09-14-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
IgnisGlomp
Pledge

IgnisGlomp is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the game The RvR is certainly the most unique gameplay I've ever seen.

1) The RvR, as I said, is very unique and is very addicting The PvE isn't as terrible as some other MMOs, however it does get kinda repetative. Lower levels are easy to get through if you're an experienced grinder.

2) Horus is your server if you are from NYC, Ra is the (mostly) Spanish server, and though there is more action you probably want to start on a server you can communicate in. Maybe switching will be better once you are more familiar with the game, thats totally your choice

3) I would recommend joining Ignis on Horus, they are overall the most friendly (I've experienced all 3) and pretty helpful when you are leveling. Syrtis are the overpopulated realm during most hours and that type of gameplay can get kinda boring.

4) As for choosing a class, I would just suggest pick the character type you like most. In the end its more fun playing a role you like than one that the realm 'needs'. Knight is defensive warrior, Barbarian is offensive, Warlock is your nuke em necromancer char, Conjurers are the healers, Marksman is... well.. marksman, Hunters are the scouts/rogues.

Look forward to seeing you in-game

Last edited by IgnisGlomp; 09-14-2010 at 04:10 AM.
IgnisGlomp no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 AM   #5
Altara
Apprentice

Altara will become famous soon enough

Hello :]
Welcome to the game, to you and your friend. I too play a bunch of MMO's along with Aion, WoW and many others Ive tried, but Ive always stuck to Regnum.

1. PvP is what I always look for in a game. Alot say Regnum has bad mechanics or balance, but I say they should learn how to play.
War is a bit repetitive and I admit frustrating at times but over all the most fun Ive had with a MMO in a very long time. The PvE is a different story, the grind is long, but getting to 30 is easy. If you are grinding with your friend it will go a bit faster. I took my time grinding and watched movies during. ;p

2. Since you live in America I would suggest Horus. Ra has a ton of people but is mostly Spanish.

3. Syrtis on any server is of course over populated, Alsius and Ignis are of course underpopulated. but, contrary to Alsius belief they are getting to have more numbers then Ignis very quickly. Many times I have logged on only to see both of Ignis' forts being farmed from both sides. All realms have nice people, its just about meeting the right ones. Just keep in mind picking your realm decides your activity and frustration levels. Due to being underpopulated Ignis gets beat a lot, but, we also have our nights where we do amazing.

4. All classes are needed. It all depends on what you want to play. If you like to be support, tank, damage dealer. Its all there. Some will say one is overpowered then the other, but Ill point back up to my first answer about learning how to play. I have the most fun playing barbarian and conjurer. So really, we need what ever you want to play.

Hope to see you in game soon :]
Have fun.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
SirHiss
Banned

SirHiss is on a distinguished road

The people above have basiclly sid it all join horus and i suggest Ignis since we are the most "underpopulated" realm atm.

and for class go for the one you like the most, but conj's are always welcome
SirHiss no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #7
KappaKing
Pledge

KappaKing is on a distinguished road
Post Thanks!

well guys thanks for the responses,

Great feedback! me and my friend just dowloaded the game, we are still looking to make are final choice on server and side but we are very exited yo meet you all in game, so far ive seen very nice people in this game (no wow fanboys etc)

So ill let you all know on our final decision and our names, cant wait to see you all in-game, thanks

PS: if anyone has aditional important info that might help us in our decision or just fun facts( lvl, pvping), throw it on here!

THanks,
KappaKing no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 AM   #8
veluchami
Initiate

veluchami is on a distinguished road

http://regnum.wikia.com/wiki/Regnum_Online_Wiki

Great resource for new players.
veluchami no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #9
Duily
Pledge

Duily is on a distinguished road

I just created a character on Ignis on the english speaking server. I'm new too so maybe we could party together!

My name is duilyon. Going to be a knight.
Duily no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
Altara
Apprentice

Altara will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duily View Post
I just created a character on Ignis on the english speaking server. I'm new too so maybe we could party together!

My name is duilyon. Going to be a knight.
Welcome to you too then. :]
If you need something dont be afraid to chat the names in my signature and I will try to help.

Tags
pve pvp rvr regnum online