Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
bloodmark
Pledge

bloodmark is on a distinguished road
Default verify characters

i've had trouble verifying characters, the loading bar's just kinda stuck.
any ideas what's causing this
bloodmark no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
Cuchulainn
Master

Cuchulainn is on a distinguished road

perhaps it fails due to a slow internet connection. If your internet connection is slower than 30 kB per second or so, that is probably the reason. Or the client requires any resources which cannot be downloaded for some reason. Or is is anything else....
Old 09-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmark View Post
i've had trouble verifying characters, the loading bar's just kinda stuck.
any ideas what's causing this
Are you using linux/ubuntu, bloodmark? If so...

From "Cant log in":
Quote:
...(NGD) changing any one thing often leads to unwanted, unintentional changes elsewhere. It may be a compatibility issue with your particular pc config. It might be files got corrupted. You can try deleting all the "data.???" files in the game folder & they'll reinstall at login. If this isn't the fix, try a complete reinstall of the game. I had same issue, due to compatibility issues between the game & the os, CoR just would not run any longer on my linux pc (& many others). Only way I can play CoR now is thru STEAM, which has an additional proprietary launcher add-on that addresses the incompatibility built into their version of the game. That might be your last resort as well. Sorry. Good luck.
From "Regnum Online Linux installer":
Quote:
Not sure if this can or will help at all, but have u tried installing & running linux version of CoR thru STEAM gaming service? It's the only way at present I can run this game, as the GSS & gtk library incompatibilities have forced me to do so (hmmm, did ?ubuntu community & steam corp. actually plan for & intend this very thing all along so we'd all have to join steam? idk, opinions?).
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
bloodmark
Pledge

bloodmark is on a distinguished road

using a mac right now, and reinstalled the game through steam, still stuck at the loading bar
bloodmark no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote