Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 09-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #1
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road
Default List of most useless/crap spells in CoR

Really interesing thread from WoW forums (slightly modified^^). Let's try it here:

Quote:
If you like to use templates:
Crap skills you NEVER use in RvR:
Crap skills you're forced to use in RvR:
I go first:

Quote:
Crap skills you NEVER use in RvR:
Warrior: Athletic (lol), Crash, Execution, Impale, Brain Piercing, Martial Defense, Rigorous Preparation, Back Slam
Barbarian: Threat, Rend, Destabilize, Whirlwind
Knight: Ethereal Mantle, Taunt

Mage: Blindness, Clumsiness (lol), Metabolic Control,
Warlock: Stalagmite, Fragility, Golem Fist, Posses Summoning, Elemental Exposure, Magma Blast
Conjurer: Summon Imps, Extraplanar Bond, Summon Zombies, Material Bond, Magical Armor, Blood Drinker, Shift Silhouette

Archer: Meditation, Adaptability, Duelist, Repetition Shot, Eagle's Eye, Omnipresent, Obfuscate (lol), Projectile Rain, Finesse, Sentinel
Marksman: Ignus Scrotch, Nedlee Blast, Arcana Strike, Focus, Cyclops Curse, Seeking Strike
Hunter: Natural Armor

Warmaster: Heroic Shout

Quote:
Crap skills you're forced to use in RvR:
Warrior: Mind Squasher, South Cross, Typhoon
Conjurer: Divine Intervention, Mass Resurrection
Warlock: Darkness, Cremation
Knight: Precise Block, Heroic Presence
Barbarian: Fulminating
Archer: Grounding Arrow
Hunter: Confuse

Last edited by Sentan; 09-21-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
Agreed with the first part, in the second part you're just posting your subjective opinions.
Can say about knight, the fact that most people, you including play knarbs, doesn't make the idea of removing or nerfing heroic presence any good. Same with precise block, except bugs it's perfect.

And you're not forced to use any of those spells. I'm not using SC (ok, spear), nor any area dmg, and also not using mind squasher. Yeah, goat knights (and some syrtis ones too) can't live without MS, but that doesn't force you to use it. Learning to play without the most classic OP-looking spells makes the players better.

To the things you say about Heroic presence, the fact that lock spells are useless on Heroic presence is problem of warlock spells, not knight Heroic presence. Archers, Barbs, Knights don't have such huge issues with breaking thru heroic presence.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Spear is the strongest weapon for knights in PvP scenario. Whenever you skill blunt or slash tree sc/ms is must have.

About Heroic presence... I don't understand how aura can be stronger than self buff. +80% heroic presence vs +30% caution... that's makes nonsense for me especially when someone offers me 1k magnas for +5% armor bonus helmet/armor. Heroic presence makes my fireballs 20-100 from 300-500.

Last edited by Sentan; 09-21-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Spear is the strongest weapon for knights in PvP scenario. Whenever you skill blunt or slash tree sc/ms is must have.

About Heroic presence... I don't understand how aura can be stronger than self buff. +80% heroic presence vs +30% caution... that's makes nonsense for me especially when someone offers me 1k magnas for +5% armor bonus helmet/armor. Heroic presence makes my fireballs 20-100 from 300-500.
Solution: dont use fireball.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #5
makarios68
Count

makarios68 will become famous soon enough

When a fully heal-traited conjuror gets jumped by an enemy group, and one of the hunters uses confuse 5 to stop the conjuror massacaring the whole group.
makarios68 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Majority of warlock debuffing spells. No matter how much warlock debuff target, all debuffs gone with single dispell or PA.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #7
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I go first:

Warrior: Athletic (lol), Crash, Execution, Impale, Brain Piercing, Martial Defense, Rigorous Preparation, Back Slam
Barbarian: Threat, Rend, Destabilize, Whirlwind
Knight: Ethereal Mantle, Taunt

Taunt is great, free stun breaker from pets/summons and keeps them away from allies. I always use it on lvl 1 and I love it.

I don't know how good martial defense is now since the crit chance update. But before it was really good, I always have it at least on lvl 4. Tested it with Awrath back then while he used a crit build (and barbs usually have high crit chance, crits are the real killers), the difference with and without martial defense was huge. But as I said can't tell how it would be now, didnt test it.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:58 PM   #8
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
Taunt is great, free stun breaker from pets/summons and keeps them away from allies. I always use it on lvl 1 and I love it.

I don't know how good martial defense is now since the crit chance update. But before it was really good, I always have it at least on lvl 4. Tested it with Awrath back then while he used a crit build (and barbs usually have high crit chance, crits are the real killers), the difference with and without martial defense was huge. But as I said can't tell how it would be now, didnt test it.
When are you coming back to play? PN fights are happening hopefully, lots of them, log in tonight.

Martial defense still works the same I think but it is not required at all now. Why? Simply because the amount of crits have gone down significantly after that update, even buffed with max crit setup and gear you barely land a crit. So there you go.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:03 AM   #9
Telwe
Initiate

Telwe is on a distinguished road

I really think mana comm is a waste.

There are just too few situations where enough people need mana that clump up together. Really its only when you're hitting a door or when you're defending a door. But the mana recovery is so slow its almost a waste... plus if ur spamming sanct to go outside the door to heal barbs you have cut your comm short and thus lose mana overall. I mean you're always going to spend 2-3 points on synergy bond so it just seems like a waste to get comm as well, especially with the short cd of sb. Its 5 points that could be spent on another single target buff that you can put on a barb that can be pocket healed to spearhead a push.
Telwe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:07 AM   #10
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telwe View Post
I really think mana comm is a waste.

There are just too few situations where enough people need mana that clump up together. Really its only when you're hitting a door or when you're defending a door. But the mana recovery is so slow its almost a waste... plus if ur spamming sanct to go outside the door to heal barbs you have cut your comm short and thus lose mana overall. I mean you're always going to spend 2-3 points on synergy bond so it just seems like a waste to get comm as well, especially with the short cd of sb. Its 5 points that could be spent on another single target buff that you can put on a barb that can be pocket healed to spearhead a push.
Exactly, which is why I never skill mana communication. The only time it would be useful in daily war is when you have an enemy fort captured, or protecting your gate and you're healing people that are resting inside. It's pretty much a lvl 4-5 or nothing spell, and like you said, that's too much skill points for a spell used in situations that aren't constantly happening. Not to mention the mana cost of the spell.

I have been tempted for some time now to just not waste my skill points on mind blank anymore. For something that barely ever works, I've learned to just deal with situations that it could have gotten me out of. Spells like pricking ivy (1) and beetle swarm (1) have come in handy for me more than mind blank has, and I have to deactivate mind blank to use them, which means I have to wait for the cooldown to be able to activate it again.

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote