Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
xSapphire
Pledge

xSapphire is on a distinguished road
Smile Hello there everyone!

Hello english speaking and maybe not english speaking users from all around the world, who have all came together here, in the forums and in the game! I will warn you, that my english might not be good at times, so excuse me for the mistakes in this introduction post! So, my name is Sandy, I am 15 years old, born on April 29, 1998. I live in Latvia, and my national language is latvian. I am a big fan of MMORPG's and some individual FPS (First Person Shooters). I have played alot of MMORPG's, like, PWI (Perfect World International), and some games of the same publisher, Perfect World, and I have played WoW (I bet you all know, what it is. ) Cabal and other games. I couldn't count them all, hehe! So I saw this game on mmohut.com and it somehow caught my attention. So I decided to give it a try. Currently, at this moment, it is downloading and I really hope, that it will be great! So, about my gaming experience- I more of specify myself in the PvE section, rather than in PvP, because I have never been patient enough to hit the maximum level with my character in ANY game, haha, so maybe this game will be the first one. And I usually tend to play with magic characters/long range characters, even though their HP and defense is low, which sometimes bothers me greatly. So, yeah. That's all about me, I hope you got to know me better and see you @Champions of Regnum online!
xSapphire no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

welcome to the game Sapphire

Yoou may have made the right choice. Regnum beats PWI because PWI is very pay to win. Regnum is probably better than Cabal because I think we have bigger RvR battles, though Cabal does have nice pvp. WoW is maybe too expensive and Regnum is better than FPSes because it has a top down view so you know more of what is around you.

You do not need to be max level to enjoy pvp. As a magic/archer character, you can start participating slowly in the RvR war around level 25-30 (stay far back, but your stuns should work on the enemy). Overall level 25 should take about 10 hours of gameplay, level 50 maybe 3-4 weeks. But 50-60 is a matter of months. I find grinding quite relaxing so, if u take it easy and just enjoy the chat, war and atmosphere, i hope it will be good for you too.

Feel free to ask any questions!
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomay View Post
As a conjurer, you can start participating slowly in the RvR war around level 25-30 (stay far back, but your stuns should work on the enemy).
Fixed it for ya.

First off, welcome!

A little basics about classes;

Mages

Conjurer is the healer of the game, probably most important class and most targetted of course. Can be either full support(with maybe 2 or 3 offensive spells) or full-on offensive which we call "warju".

Warlock is the direct opposite. Well, since there are shared trees, he can be supportive although not many choose to.He's the offensive mage class with a few AoEs and can deal quite a lot of damage if played well. Their defence is their offence as they say.

Archers

Hunter is a scout. He can deal bursts of damage, camouflage and surprise attack and also have pets. To be honest here, it can be a little hard to play due to some imbalances, on the other hand it can be very powerful in certain occasions.

Marksman is the other archer subclass. Specializes in long range and damage can be very deadly. Marksman also has a formidable defence and if you know how to strafe well, you can be practically untouchable.

Warriors

Knights are the tank of the game. They can be full support with auras which protect them from damage, raises their armour, etcetera. They have the highest defence of the game which allows them to absorb a lot of damage, in certain occasions anyway. Knights can also be played offensive. They have a spell which sacrifices their defence for power which can be quite deadly when you've caught your enemy. Offensive knights are normally called "Knarbs".

Last and not least, Barbarians. Term stands for itself as they are the heaviest damage dealers. They deal high hits at average to good speed and they have the biggest weapon arsenal possible. They also have decent defence. the downside of a Barbarian is that he is the most mana consuming in the game due to buffs needed.

To know more about classes there has been a thread about it a while ago
here; http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...ad.php?t=80434

Also, the same thread creator made a good guide on how-to grind efficiently here; http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...ad.php?t=80467

I hope you stick around, it's a very fun game once you hit certain levels. As the above poster mentioned, feel free to ask questions.

Regards.

P.S; Awesome link Angel
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamui View Post
Fixed it for ya.
np
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

welcome to the game
be sure to make lots of friends so you'll enjoy your time even before joining the rvr
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Angel_de_Combate
Banned

Angel_de_Combate is on a distinguished road

I was being welcoming dear forum moderator I was telling the OP to run while they still can.

P.S Thanks Tamui.
Angel_de_Combate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
time-to-die
Baron

time-to-die is on a distinguished road

Welcome to regnum! What realm did you choose?
time-to-die no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote