Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 11-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough
Default [HORUS] A Guide To Playing in Syrtis

Welcome to Syrtis: Land of the Elfs, Gelfs, Lettuce, Greens and Tree-humpers! Here is a quick guide to hopefully help you fight like a true Syrtitian and rid the world of Regnum of those pesky Iggies and Goats.
  1. Our Central Save point is the place to be! Here it is customary to hang out and "chill" for at least half of your playing time. You don't need to chat or do anything. Standing there will suffice. The use of the "/dance" command is optional but highly recommended.
  2. While our army is usually called "the zerg", in reality we aren't enough to do anything in the warzone. Ideally, we need to outnumber our opponents 2:1 to ensure success. If this requirement is not met, do not fret! You can always do what is outlined above.
  3. If you run off with our zerg and suddenly find an enemy army of similar size, the best tactic is to disperse and run to the nearest save.
  4. If you find yourself alone and run into another lone enemy, cast any crowd control spell you have then mount up on your horse and run! If you do not have a horse, any speed buff will do. Whatever happens, just run! You cannot kill him alone. Call for help immediately in Realm Chat!
  5. The keys to success in attacking an enemy are speed and surprise. Run as fast as possible to your objective. Regrouping is a waste of time. Not regrouping also has the added bonus of spreading the army out evenly across the map making it difficult for the enemy to cast areas effectively.
  6. While running to your destination, you will notice people (usually mages) getting left behind. This is because NGD made them the slowest class in the game for a reason: they are meant to be left behind! Do not worry about them. Cast your speed buffs or mount up on your horse to get to your destination quickly! Waiting for them is a waste of time.
  7. Hunters are evil and must be wiped from the face of the game. Should you encounter a hunter, mobilize all available troops to run him down! The more troops the better. Take the whole army along if needed! Of course this should only be done if you outnumber the hunter 3:1. If you do not outnumber him, your only hope is to run to the nearest castle or fort or hide inside the realm gates.
  8. RP is everything! The best way to get RPs is through the use of auras. Cast every aura you have whenever you can. Once you have done so, there is no need to do anything else. Just sit-back and relax and watch the torrent of RP in your log.
  9. Attack the most remote enemy structure you can. God forbid you run into a guarded fort or castle and die! NPC Guards are difficult enough as it is. However, if you outnumber the enemy 5:1, then it doesn't matter. Attack anything as you please.
  10. Once you have captured a fort or castle, the best way to defend it is to keep the enemy as far away as possible. To do this, the best tactic is to charge and attack them at their save. Doing so ensures that we keep them away from the fort, thus keeping it safe.
  11. Another alternative after capturing a fort is to leave immediately and capture another fort. Be sure to circle wide to avoid potential open field battles against the enemies rushing towards the fort you just captured. That way you can capture more forts without dying. Again, do this quickly! Regrouping is a waste of time!
  12. There is no RP to gain from protecting your allies, therefore, focus on the enemy and try to kill them. Focus on dealing the most damage you can. Spells such as Divine Intervention, Material Wall, Beetle Swarm etc are useless because they deal little or no damage.
  13. Keep charging! Charge and charge again! Do not let up with the barrage of attacks. It doesn't matter if your are a lone barbarian. Charge! If you die, at least you died honourably unlike those gimps in the fort.
  14. If the enemy does get close to the fort or castle, we must protect the door at all cost! Stand in front of the door and try to block the incoming flow of enemy players!
  15. There is strength in numbers. Protect yourselves by huddling close to each other. The closer you are to each other, the harder it will be for enemies to click you and attack you. Ideally you'd want to fit the entire army in an Area of 10m or less.
  16. If you lose the fort, it's ok. If you lasted for more than 5 minutes against an equal sized army then you did great! It is terribly difficult to hold a fort against an enemy of equal size.
  17. If an enemy has taken one of our forts, rush in and slaughter those heretics and imperialists! Speed is the key here, there is no time to regroup! Charge and kill them all!
  18. After every skirmish or activity you do in the game, remember to return to the first guideline in this list.

There are some hard-headed players who do not adhere to this guide. Forget about them and put them to your "/ignore" list. They know nothing and this automatically makes you better than they ever will be!

I hope this guide has been of use for you. Follow it by heart and you'll be a true Syrtitian! Good luck in the warzone and may the zerg be always with you!

For our Spanish friends, there is a Spanish version of this guide! Many thanks to obandoxxx for translating and posting this guide at the Spanish forums.

Last edited by e30ernest; 11-12-2009 at 12:21 AM.
e30G no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
Altara
Apprentice

Altara will become famous soon enough

/me Claps

I love my green friends <3

Old 11-10-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

OMG fucking hilarious XD
Old 11-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #4
Silent_Shadow
Pledge

Silent_Shadow is on a distinguished road

haha that is so true
Old 11-10-2009, 03:46 AM   #5
Kratos_Aurion
Apprentice

Kratos_Aurion is on a distinguished road

ALWAYS send the entire zerg to get a single enemy hunter
Kratos_Aurion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:48 AM   #6
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos_Aurion View Post
ALWAYS send the entire zerg to get a single enemy hunter
Hmmm.... I forgot that... I must add it.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #7
Acknor
Apprentice

Acknor is on a distinguished road

But...but...but...noone ever told me about rule #1 when I started. Is it too late to learn?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
00yel00
Pledge

00yel00 is on a distinguished road

LMAO.. great guide +1
Old 11-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #9
Dannboy
Initiate

Location: With DB on the top of Mount Doom were Sauron lives.
Dannboy is on a distinguished road

+1
Hilarious guide. It will help alot of you Greens ^^
Dannboy no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
Dalkor
Pledge

Dalkor is on a distinguished road

lmaooo

good guide, this will make young gelfs grow stronger :P
Dalkor no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote