Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 05-15-2018, 03:45 AM   #1
IgnisGlomp
Pledge

IgnisGlomp is on a distinguished road
Default IRC Channel?

Is there still an IRC channel that people use? There used to be one that was pretty active ~2009... I think it was on Quakenet #regnum-online...

Does something like that still exist? Its been about 7 years since I've dusted off this relic and was wondering who all is still around.

Thanks!

T.Ironfist/Glomp
IgnisGlomp no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

There is a discord channel run by a dicktator.

https://discord.gg/DNF9Hcr

Last edited by Hollow-Ichigo; 09-15-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Hollow-Ichigo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
...a discord channel run by a DICKtator...
^ Ichi may be the but he ain't lying.

Just out of genuine curiosity, why do people require a 2nd & external chat to type into when we already have the ones in game? Why do so very few ever (like in almost never) use the Discord voice-chat? And what dafuq happened to Mumble, only the best voice chat app ever?....

FIST clan mumble (open to all Goatoons): fist.kicks-ass.net , port 64738 .

Your IRC answer = quakenet.org , #alsius-haven (& Una says hiya'!) .

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
^ Ichi may be the but he ain't lying.

Just out of genuine curiosity, why do people require a 2nd & external chat to type into when we already have the ones in game? Why do so very few ever (like in almost never) use the Discord voice-chat? And what dafuq happened to Mumble, only the best voice chat app ever?....

FIST clan mumble (open to all Goatoons): fist.kicks-ass.net , port 64738 .

Your IRC answer = quakenet.org , #alsius-haven (& Una says hiya'!) .

People have always wanted to talk with other realms since this game started. Only time we use Voice chat is when we play other games. And since this game doesn’t really require talking unless we start trolling about something. And the only ones who join the voice first are me Ichi or Jad. Because we have always talked before Regnum discord was started. Some people just shy lol.

Mumble has become useless since Discord or Cursed was started. You can do much more on these and it’s free.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:35 PM   #5
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pery3000 View Post
People have always wanted to talk with other realms since this game started. Only time we use Voice chat is when we play other games. And since this game doesn’t really require talking unless we start trolling about something. And the only ones who join the voice first are me Ichi or Jad. Because we have always talked before Regnum discord was started. Some people just shy lol.

Mumble has become useless since Discord or Cursed was started. You can do much more on these and it’s free.
I've found that CoR on-the-whole is better played when peeps use a v-chat to coordinate near-instantly, rather than trying to type in these quick-paced tactical situations. That said, I fully get your point of communicating cross-realm, tho I may rightly suspect it is often used just for trolling/trash-talking one's 'enemies'. File-sharing/etc aside, Mumble (also free) remains overall the best low-latency, low-resource-usage v-chat that currently exists, & I highly recommend it.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #6
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
I've found that CoR on-the-whole is better played when peeps use a v-chat to coordinate near-instantly, rather than trying to type in these quick-paced tactical situations. That said, I fully get your point of communicating cross-realm, tho I may rightly suspect it is often used just for trolling/trash-talking one's 'enemies'. File-sharing/etc aside, Mumble (also free) remains overall the best low-latency, low-resource-usage v-chat that currently exists, & I highly recommend it.

You dont need to type when you already know what to do. Common sense. Mumble looks like its out of the 90's thats why. And I have no problem using discord because my Net isnt trash. Discord does it better. I highly recommend it. Mumble may have low resource usage but thats the main reason you join Discord for. Why be good at one thing when you can be good at them all. Anyway Discord is the future.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #7
Lebeau
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pery3000 View Post
You dont need to type when you already know what to do. Common sense...
If you truly want "to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, & to hear the lamentation of their women", then get into a v-chat with your allies, coordinate well tactically, name a single enemy, all concentrate their firepower, & that one dies in a few secs, tops. The general rules of "kill the mages 1st", "don't chase archers", "heads on a swivel", "keep allies informed", etc, etc all apply as well, but can only take ya' so far. Why? Teams most often divide their firepower, wounding many, but killing fewer, or even none, & all the while doing as you said, what they rightly knew to do. In a fair(-ish) fight, the team that most quickly kills enemies will usually prevail, & as well, the team that wounds many, but kills few/none will eventually lose. A wounded team's firepower remains the same as ever, as all are still up & at 'em. Teams that lose allies however lose firepower, & then lose that battle. So, put one down, then another, & another, one at a time, & as quickly as possible. Common sense...(when enough of the "pros" tactically v-chat & coordinate well together, they take their collective game to entirely another level, & I have seen the proof & results of this more than once: utter devastation ... it works, try it)

Last edited by Lebeau; 05-19-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #8
Mehran
Initiate

Mehran is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember the quakenet channel!

Ichigo - the link is expired/invalid
Mehran no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #9
Valour
Master

Valour is on a distinguished road

The IRC group was great, most of that old group have left the game as you might expect!
Old 06-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #10
Morphina
Pledge

Morphina is on a distinguished road

Im preety sure, Skada made them ragequit :P
Morphina no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote