Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 03-19-2018, 03:00 AM   #1
Mythox
Pledge

Mythox is on a distinguished road
Default Haven is Fun (for one Realm)

Hiho
I got a cool Link how it looks to time on Haven. @adrian watch this link:https://www.regnumsentinel.com/de/haven/events/
Pur Fun while one realm is abusing the dragon wishes and the other 2 realms empty with players and can do nothing. Thats why I said in the other Post from Perylith focus on Valhalla and haven first before the other stuff. Anyways it looks again like last year so. Asking for war confidence is useless since we didn't get it last year also. So what can we do @ngd. Should we all join Alsius or joining ra or accept how it is? We talk now since months about the topic haven but none sees any resultats. When is the thing with gamigo finish. Give us please more infos so we dont stay in the dark. How is it going with asking players etc. I didn't weite this post to blame someone, I mean it serious we toke so much time in our Chars etc. Thanks for reading please dont delete this Post. It's important. I am waiting for your reply.
Regards
Rumiel Aurion (Haven & Valhalla)
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:07 AM   #2
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

This doesn't really mean anything except that alsius has more online during EU nights. If ignis or syrtis had the zerg they would do the same thing.

Don't know how anything can even be done about it.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:19 AM   #3
Mythox
Pledge

You miss understand that they have 24x7 zerg. I dont know when we made a nice 3 way must be some weeks ago. But syrtis has during the day 4-5 online and alsius 10-15 and in evening even more.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Whenever you see the numbers you can see that population is similar in all realms, war activity is similar between Alsius and Ignis but Syrtis way lower (even having similar population to others) and yet, Invasions happen mostly for Alsius.

This clearly states that this is not a population issue (I'm not saying that Haven doesn't need more people) but a gameplay issue. There is something that doesn't motivate playing when one other realm succeeds and this we all know about. This only happens in low overall population servers or moments of low population during the day.

I believe there is a huge need of more things to do in the game, specially bosses and in a more balanced way (meaning: loot chances). With this, war would not be the only focus for "zergs" and the distraction can lead others to success. So, there is a gameplay cycle to be fixed here, not a population issue (which is a different problem).

About those more things to do, we are already planning new bosses, adapting existing ones to a more fair loot system and also provinding random spawning with alerts to nearby users to avoid massive amounts of people waiting there. Also, more frequent spawns because of this.

War also will need some work, but I believe that in the meantime, war is fine and needs some healthy alternatives that don't take you so far away from war.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #5
rekkles12
Apprentice

rekkles12 is on a distinguished road

Make souls and dragon hearts tradeable ,there wouldn't be so much complaining about dropping since many got souls they don't even want to use while others can't drop them.
rekkles12 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #6
EverlastingWind
Banned

EverlastingWind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythox View Post
But syrtis has during the day 4-5 online
Syrtis did it with it's own hand.

You know people ended up with accounts in 2+ realms as result of merges and no acceptable solution was offered to them (delete the characters with all the gear is totaly unacceptable, I still have to find someone that did that after he boxed/enh/engrave on that account; when I wrote tickets about this I was answered to delete my characters, yea right...). Also I doubt someone crazy enough to actually delete his characters with all the gear will have the patience to wait half a month, don't get me wrong but in that half a month in other MMO he is max level and has gear that is 90+% from the max possible...
When you read the following in Syrtis chat: "You logged to spy.", "Don't log here.", "Who are you in Ignis?", "Alsius has 50 don't go wall" (when in fact Alsius had 15 and there were 10 Syrtis afk at cs), "Go back Alsius/Ignis" (when that player logged to help defend, funny in a sad way cause Syrtis didn't had the numbers to defend) and other extremely toxic behaviour you start to ask yourself why you want to play in a realm with such players.
Just so you know both Alsius and Ignis have players that played before in Syrtis and some of them still have their Syrtis accounts but don't want to deal with what is going in Syrtis.
And yes the realm that has a high % of toxic players doesn't deserve to have players. When I said in Syrtis chat "Syrtis doesn't need players" I said it for a reason! There is no hate here, just logic and logic is cruel.

Not my fault other players managed to destroy everything that Tania has build in my case. It's actually hard for me to be the enemy of the player that helped me the most by far in this game but it's just impossible for me to play in Syrtis. I basicaly try not to hit her and yes there were complains about this.

There is also another problem in Syrtis. Some of the best items in Syrtis are stuck in the inventories of 7 banks (5 of them just like to have the items in their inventories, they don't actually play, they just buy and never sell and they don't lend the items (as if lending is a good practice taking in consideration what has happened in Syrtis several times)).

I played other MMOs where I could made characters in all the 3 "realms" on same account (it's actually race in that game) or I could just change the "realm" (it's actualy world in that game) and keep all progress (level, gear, etc) if I didn't liked what was happening.
Hardest part for me is not to share the informations I see, this forces me not to call the track and go cs and wait because I knew what the enemy planned to do. I can easily be the only one doing this...

Ignis is fighting back most of the time. They have a couple of players that are actually trying to do action.

If starting from 2 years ago Haven would had been kept with permanent exp, drop and wmc boost things would had been better.
Exp will do 0 in Haven if not combined with drop, commerce is totaly dead (the rumors about the merge totaly killed it) and if by a miracle the new player stay he/she will end up without gear at 60, will be destroyed by one of the enemies, will complain about the fact that he/she does little damage and the enemy is doing way too much damage, maybe try to box for a weapon and get some joke magical/epic/legendary and will just leave the game. I saw this story happening over and over.
Things are just way too slow in this game for the new player to stay. This game compete with other MMO, MOBA (you need like 2-3 hours in some cases until you can play with and against enemy players) and FPS games (i some cases you can go directly in games with and against enemy players).
Linux client has game breaking bugs:
- some NVIDIA gpu crash with beams/trails on
- Intel gpu miss water and a couple other animations
- amd pre-GCN gpu with Mesa miss water, also in some cases the armor is not rendered and you end up with nudes, ubuntu 14.04 has a bit more of 1 year of support and from that point the use of flgrx will not longer be possible to somehow try to fix it (some amd pre-GCN with fglrx are crashing with beams/trails on)
Windows client has bugs too:
- crash on loading (add here some random crashes while moving)
- loading screen getting stuck (you have the sound but the image is stuck with the loading screen)
- characters, mounts, companions not loading resulting in low fps
Those things have been wrote over and over on this forum...

Don't get me wrong but in Haven there are hours when you can solo invade if you have a barb... There is also no fun to try to invade on your own and well the enemy has 1 defender also and you can't do it. Had such a 1 vs 1 me defending and 1 syrtis barb trying to solo invade, he gave up after first try because it was clear it wasn't going to happen.

Last edited by EverlastingWind; 03-20-2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: mounth in place of month lol
EverlastingWind no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:57 PM   #7
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
...specially bosses and in a more balanced way (meaning: loot chances)
I agree, loot chances need to be revised.
On the top of that, it has been suggested, that perhaps crafting the same boss drops, others get by chance. Such that either get it by lucky or craft it after playing often and putting effort into it. This way long playing players would be rewarded for putting time into game.

Quote:
...With this, war would not be the only focus for "zergs" and the distraction can lead others to success.
Actually I hear players saying "Haven is only good for bosses". Yesterday at Aggers at least for the time I was playing, we had many people, it's been some time, since we had that much fun.
Obviously players that drop at bosses regularly were calling to do bosses, but for time I was on, people preferred to stay at fort and fight and it was really nice and fun.

Quote:
...some healthy alternatives that don't take you so far away from war.
Well said, we exactly need that. More challenges, more interesting stuff to do in game, so people are motivated to play.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #8
Mythox
Pledge

Soooo I am a Syrtis player. I was bored after staying always at cs because we gad no players for a war. Anyways i made solo i got zerged in 10vs 1. I got annoyed af and was about to delete all. (Didn't delete) . I logged off. Is this now what i have to do every day? Every day logging in get farmed starting to rage and log off? Sad. Okay as far I have read everything its not the numbers here. Kind of weird. Because in my Fl are 2 online while in Samal stay 15 from alsius. I go there die in 5seconds because i have a 17 vs 1 cuz ignis starts hitting too for the wm quests. So best solution for Syrtis is log in for daily reward then log off?
Regards
Rumiel Aurion

Last edited by Mythox; 03-19-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #9
scgscgscg
Pledge

scgscgscg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythox View Post
Soooo I am a Syrtis player. I was bored after staying always at cs because we gad no players for a war. Anyways i made solo i got zerged in 10vs 1. I got annoyed af and was about to delete all. (Didn't delete) . I logged off. Is this now what i have to do every day? Every day logging in get farmed starting to rage and log off? Sad. Okay as far I have read everything its not the numbers here. Kind of weird. Because in my Fl are 2 online while in Samal stay 15 from alsius. I go there die in 5seconds because i have a 17 vs 1 cuz ignis starts hitting too for the wm quests. So best solution for Syrtis is log in for daily reward then log off?
Regards
Rumiel Aurion
u can try this
scgscgscg no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #10
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgscgscg View Post
Holy fucking shit LOL

Quote:
About those more things to do, we are already planning new bosses, adapting existing ones to a more fair loot system and also provinding random spawning with alerts to nearby users to avoid massive amounts of people waiting there. Also, more frequent spawns because of this.
This would be nice, stops people from camping. pepesmug