Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-31-2017, 11:25 PM   #1
Matrim
Pledge

Matrim is on a distinguished road
Default Lets talk about Haven

So i was feeling nostalgic about regnum and watching my old videos seeing some old screen shots. Then i remembered what I loved about Raven and Piranha. They were both extremely low population servers with immensely fun hunting. War was meh at best since a zerg was just about 10 people. It got me thinking now that haven is extremely low population why isn't it revered just as much as the old low population servers that were merged?

Raven was dead against wanting to be merged with Horus and Piranha against merging with Ra. So why are things so dire on Haven, is it a case of community attitude? Or has hunting become stale/boring. I play Ra exclusively now but would old players returning fix the issues?

I want to discuss why in haven a low population = doom of the server, where as in piranha and raven it was actually the great thing about the server and why the two are drastically different in the current players eyes.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:16 AM   #2
Piroca
Apprentice

Piroca is on a distinguished road

Main problem of haven atm is it community and desbalance between realms...
Piroca no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:39 AM   #3
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Mainly because hunting doesn't let players gain anything. People would rather just go to a fort and farm rather than grab a few friends and run around ganking.

Even when there is a large amount of people online, the last thing you will see them do is hunt. Even I've gotten bored of it, rp does nothing and WMC is the only reason to even play.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:09 AM   #4
Matrim
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroca View Post
Main problem of haven atm is it community and desbalance between realms...
Care to elaborate? What's the issue with the community you find? Also i've always known an imbalance between realms, the times of efrendi's nightly invasions with the ghosts clan, the ridiculous size of the syrtis zerg at peak times and then when alsius actually got its shit together for a while. This didn't really stop us enjoying the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Mainly because hunting doesn't let players gain anything. People would rather just go to a fort and farm rather than grab a few friends and run around ganking.

Even when there is a large amount of people online, the last thing you will see them do is hunt. Even I've gotten bored of it, rp does nothing and WMC is the only reason to even play.
Do you think gaining wmc for hunting in opposite realms (so not defense of your own realm e.g. camping their own CS and killing people who come to it wouldn't give WMC) would improve interest in hunting?

Maybe not gaining credit toward quests but just earning WMC like you would in a fort war
Old 06-01-2017, 01:26 AM   #5
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post

Do you think gaining wmc for hunting in opposite realms (so not defense of your own realm e.g. camping their own CS and killing people who come to it wouldn't give WMC) would improve interest in hunting?

Maybe not gaining credit toward quests but just earning WMC like you would in a fort war
IMO, on haven at least, you should be able to get WMC at bridges and anywhere else fights happen a lot. At least enough to motivate players to move
Old 06-01-2017, 04:43 AM   #6
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

Maybe boredoom. Raven was low populated as well, but as you mentioned, it was fun; however, think about it: Raven had a short life, from april 2011 to march 2012, or 2013, can´t remember exactly. One or two years of watching the same people playing, some new ones came and stayed... others left. Two years, not 6, which is the time since Raven saw light till today. I cannot say anything about Piranha because I did not play there, but that at least is my thought.
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:00 AM   #7
TheBarbarianAlsius
Baron

TheBarbarianAlsius is on a distinguished road

Raven never got an rps ranking rip my 180k in 2011.
70% of haven old players leave us to play on Ra , and u can't hunt when there is literally 3 active players on syrtis and maybe 10 on ignis.

Skallagrimr
TheBarbarianAlsius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:03 AM   #8
Matrim
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadhir View Post
Maybe boredoom. Raven was low populated as well, but as you mentioned, it was fun; however, think about it: Raven had a short life, from april 2011 to march 2012, or 2013, can´t remember exactly. One or two years of watching the same people playing, some new ones came and stayed... others left. Two years, not 6, which is the time since Raven saw light till today. I cannot say anything about Piranha because I did not play there, but that at least is my thought.
So you believe that the boredom would have gotten to Raven as well too? Personally the reason i quit about 2 years ago was a mix of boredom and literally nothing to work toward after achieving warmaster, also it has to be said some of the community is pretty damn toxic to each other (this is probably because of the war nature of the game) like elva could post a 1 v 5 video with him destroying everyone and we'd all collectively take a dump on it, because we are as a community douchebags. Look at the crap some people gave NGD for making their version of a raidboss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarbarianAlsius View Post
Raven never got an rps ranking rip my 180k in 2011.
70% of haven old players leave us to play on Ra , and u can't hunt when there is literally 3 active players on syrtis and maybe 10 on ignis.
So again low population think back to our raven days when alsius would try to invade and CAPSLOCK would stop you from taking shaana on his own. It's not really any different, why did the old players leave what changed to cause them to go to Ra rather than play haven what was so bad about it?
Old 06-01-2017, 06:30 PM   #9
Matrim
Pledge

shameless bump
Old 06-01-2017, 09:03 PM   #10
EMIN
Initiate

EMIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
So i was feeling nostalgic about regnum and watching my old videos seeing some old screen shots. Then i remembered what I loved about Raven and Piranha. They were both extremely low population servers with immensely fun hunting. War was meh at best since a zerg was just about 10 people. It got me thinking now that haven is extremely low population why isn't it revered just as much as the old low population servers that were merged.
it was the same on Nemon. The server was not big but people played for fun. On Haven I see 1/2 of the population sitting at cs, atleast in Alsius.
EMIN no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote