Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 11-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
lala110593
Initiate

lala110593 is on a distinguished road
Default classes and speed

I was thinking about speed today, and how many targets (including mages) have gotten away from my barb because i cant chase em to the door fast enough. Anyway heres my point, since warriors spend all their time chasing after people in close range combat, shouldn't they be FASTER than archers who are supposed to be in long range combat and dnt have to do much running to get their target (not including running away) ?

-glulose
lala110593 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

You have a good point there.

-Archers and Mages don't need to move alot to hit their targets(specially now that moving cancels casting and ranged attacks);

-Warriors, however, always need to be in movement to be able to hit a ranged player(It's also not easy with the horrible positional bugs around, you are sooo lucky because of that ).
Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

The way I see it, warriors are already faster in combat situations. In order to attack all mages and archers must stop, and their powers have cast times, while warriors can move while attacking, and have instant-cast abilities. An archer can move faster while running away, but when "in long range combat" as you say, the archer isn't fast at all, in fact he's stationary. Even when chasing someone who is running away, warriors have an advantage. You can just run along behind them while hitting, and never slow down. An archer or a mage will lose ground on a target if they try to attack them as they run away, unless they use some kind of CC to slow/knock/immobilize.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

Actually no, you do incur a speed malnus for every hit while chasing someone as a warrior.
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Pwnography
Initiate

Pwnography is on a distinguished road

i was attacked by a alsius hunter not long ago(a week or so) and he was able to strafe away from me,stop,attack and i couldnt catch him. luckily meni was near!
Pwnography no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #6
lala110593
Initiate

lala110593 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandaMan View Post
The way I see it, warriors are already faster in combat situations. In order to attack all mages and archers must stop, and their powers have cast times, while warriors can move while attacking, and have instant-cast abilities. An archer can move faster while running away, but when "in long range combat" as you say, the archer isn't fast at all, in fact he's stationary. Even when chasing someone who is running away, warriors have an advantage. You can just run along behind them while hitting, and never slow down. An archer or a mage will lose ground on a target if they try to attack them as they run away, unless they use some kind of CC to slow/knock/immobilize.
you just made my point, the archer doesn't need to be fast because it is stationary while shooting, it only needs speed to RUN AWAY, and if the archer loses ground while chasing, they can make up with it by their speed and range. So I'm still thinking, why archers have more speed than the warrior?? I mean from my understanding knights where in much better shape than archers in the battlefield, archers were peasants.

-glulose
lala110593 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

I can sum up quite easily: failure in class design.

I'm not a pro with MMO's but I know a bit WoW and GW, and in thoses two games warriors generally have short speed skill to get to a target, thoses skills have really low cooldown it's like: 5s duration / 20s cooldown.

In my humble opinion, hunter should be the fastest class on long haul, but on short chase (less than 1 minutes) it should be barbarian.

I'd suggest some skill named "charged" that would get you speed boost if you are running toward an ennemy for X seconds, and have a low cooldown.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
sdjin
Pledge

sdjin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdoesrock View Post
actually no, you do incur a speed malnus for every hit while chasing someone as a warrior.
这游戏怎么玩的阿??不会阿 ,教教
sdjin no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjin View Post
这游戏怎么玩的阿??不会阿 ,教教
Translation: Chinese (automatically detected) » English
这游戏怎么玩的阿??不会阿 ,教教

Ah how to play this game? ? Not A, teach

?????
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

Need five more seconds of spring. That's all I'm saying.