Old 03-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
LawZ
Initiate

LawZ is on a distinguished road
Default Wishlist of Combat and Attribute Stats [In Response to Roadmap 2015]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
Combat formulas

Reconsideration of the RNG (Random Number Generation) for the combat functions that depend on chance percentage work correctly, be in in the short or long run. This, being the base of resistances, evasions and blocks, will be the solution for a key problem.

Give more information regarding the influence of the attributes in combat and provide clearer information about them in the user interface, without giving predictability in order to avoid abuse.

Estimated date: Mid April. In progress.
Since NGD is working on combat formulas at the time being, I would like to see a more detailed character sheet, including more information considering character combat and attribute stats.

Here is my small wishlist:

1. Apart from Attack (Damage Per Hit), I would like to see Damage Per Second (DPS). Of course, this should take into account all attack speed bonuses from gems, armor, spells, etc.. DPS is of crucial importance as has been thoroughly explained here.

2. Attack Speed (in seconds) and Movement Speed (in meters/second). Even if NGD shows us DPS, attack speed could be also provided separately. This has been done in all great MMORPGs. Movement speed is also critical, especially after the introduction of armor bonuses that enhance this stat.

3. Evasion and hit chance should be given (if could be) in percentages and not absolute numbers. This will help the player to have a clearer insight of his character stats.

4. Spell focus (in percentage) could also be provided, in order to help mages that are more dependent on this one rather than on hit chance.

Best,

PS. I could show photos from other games that contain all these stats on their character sheet. However, I preferred to avoid any sort of advertisement.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
Robasiewicz
Apprentice

Robasiewicz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawZ View Post
3. Evasion and hit chance should be given (if could be) in percentages and not absolute numbers. This will help the player to have a clearer insight of his character stats.

4. Spell focus (in percentage) could also be provided, in order to help mages that are more dependent on this one rather than on hit chance.
According to the wiki, chance of evading a hit is dependant on the other player's hit chance, so providing a % would be impossible as those numbers vary between players.
The situation is similar with spell focus.
Robasiewicz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #3
LawZ
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robasiewicz View Post
According to the wiki, chance of evading a hit is dependant on the other player's hit chance, so providing a % would be impossible as those numbers vary between players.
The situation is similar with spell focus.
No objection on that. That's why I added the bracket (if could be).

Best,
Old 03-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #4
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here is my small wishlist:

1. Apart from Attack (Damage Per Hit), I would like to see Damage Per Second (DPS). Of course, this should take into account all attack speed bonuses from gems, armor, spells, etc.. DPS is of crucial importance as has been thoroughly explained here.

2. Attack Speed (in seconds) and Movement Speed (in meters/second). Even if NGD shows us DPS, attack speed could be also provided separately. This has been done in all great MMORPGs. Movement speed is also critical, especially after the introduction of armor bonuses that enhance this stat.

+1111111
+
Spells like Bless Weapon, South Cross, Berserker, Dead Eye should increase dmg only from weapons and their bonuses not from jewelry. Descriptions say '+% Weapon Damage Bonus' not '+% Damage Bonus'. That's why boss stuff is so OP. +118 dmg from full jewelry set is like another bow for archer.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Attack speed can be expressed in hits per minute (instead of having a float value for that, 19 hits per minute is shorter that 0.31666 hits per second), it should be given according to current bonus (spells and items).

Actual casting time should be written within spell description (ie. 2 seconds (normal) 1.68 seconds (with bonus)).

Movement speed in meters per second (should be actual speed).
Old 03-13-2015, 01:48 AM   #6
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivramartono View Post
Why is this neccesary if resists and evasions will be removed? Is ngd going to remove random resists or are they just going to fix how random resists are generated? Isnt the rng working properly atm? To me Its seems that just luck and randomness influences. Their description is unclear
I might have misunderstood the roadmap, but my impression was the random resists/evades are going to be actually closer to random. That's all. They'll still exist.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #7
LawZ
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
I might have misunderstood the roadmap, but my impression was the random resists/evades are going to be actually closer to random. That's all. They'll still exist.
What Candyx said. My impression is that they actually work on to fix their routines according to the law of large numbers (LLN) and specifically to reach the expected probability in less hits compared to the current situation.

As a 5. I would like to see the Spell Resistance value (probably in absolute numbers). In general, I would like to see the pairs: (Hit Chance, Evasion) and (Spell Focus, Spell Resistance).
Spell resistance will also help the player evaluate the importance of Spell Elude (archer spell, evasion tree).

Best,
Old 03-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #8
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivramartono View Post
Why not just remove resist and all the randomnness? They make things too complicated if anything else
Chance is a huge part of the RPG world. You just need the right algorithm for it to be less frustrating.
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #9
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
+1111111
+
Spells like Bless Weapon, South Cross, Berserker, Dead Eye should increase dmg only from weapons and their bonuses not from jewelry. Descriptions say '+% Weapon Damage Bonus' not '+% Damage Bonus'. That's why boss stuff is so OP. +118 dmg from full jewelry set is like another bow for archer.
I fully agree with this. Anything with weapon damage bonus should only take in account your actually weapon stats. Would probably fix a lot of the gripes people have with jewellery owners.
I don't play barb much, but is fulminating a weapon damage bonus spell? If not, perhaps it should be if they fix the above bug. Fulminating normal + south cross with full bling can be the end for some players. I use amulets myself, so I know how retarded this is.
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:29 PM   #10
Telwe
Initiate

Telwe is on a distinguished road

Lawz:

hit chance vs evade is:

for your normal hit it is: his evade chance/your hit chance. For example a result of 1/10 means 90% chance of the hit landing.

----------

I want to see miss chance formula and spell resist/focus formula.

----------
Ivramartono: because then it is too easy to chain spells. E.G a warlock can line up his skills on his bar and smash 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 with CCs spread out every 2 or 3 spells and kill nearly anything. If there are no resists he can do it with his eyes closed. Resists keeps battles fluid and make ppl think on their feet.
Telwe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote