Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough
Default Compost checking in....

So .... I'm looking at trying to get back into the swing of things but wanted to see who all from the "OLD OLD OLD" crew was still around?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Ulti19
Master

Ulti19 will become famous soon enough

I would be if I could log into the game, it never loads... seriously, game worked better 5 years ago with a broken pc. Now with a high end one I can't run ro

You can find me in Chivalry
Old 08-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hiya', Compy!

Well, I'm too new to count I suppose (Una / late '09 origin / '10 Ascendency), but I have seen a few PoB (Rumple, Karma, Bright & Chaz even b4, but GB's in Ignis-only afaik) back in the saddle again this past week after being on a quite-extended (since Raven/Horus-merger) GW2 leave-of-absence. Immune the Blue went red years ago, but is now 'uncolored' entirely afaik (i.e. long gone). Tania's on occasionally. Bidi still plays too btw. Warrior did as well, but have not seen him on of late (but, I really don't play as much anymore either).

Seen some of Chris' toons over past year, but in reality, they were being played by Patrick (Paddy'cakes'/Monday/Penguin - a latter-day pro from Raven). I feel there's something like maybe 3 or 4 really oldOldOLD other Goats as well still around whose names elude me atm (Sorry, Folks!). Might be others as well, Idk. The oh-so-many, many others I actually can recall are all long gone now & very few at best ever came back to visit, let alone play.

Ulti is essentially right: game in alot of ways seemingly has more bugs & issues at present than it did even back in late '09, despite efforts by devs. All of the original coders are long gone now as well, having left or lost their jobs, so NGD realistically had no way to bugfix, decode & recode CoR other than to stack more-&-more code on top of what already existed to modify outputs. This long-ongoing approach means alot more overhead, & thus, more latency, freeze-lag, glitches, bugs, etc. unless one plays a newest/premium gaming-pc on excellent connection (this reduces noticing of most 'incidents' ).

It use to be only a meager handful (mostly in the online-group 'Fiasco') that knew how to cheat in CoR & who did so (sparingly). They pioneered most of the many various exploits, packet edits, hacks, etc. years ago & occasionally used them, but now cheating has truly become an endemic plague occuring practically every time one turns around in CoR (-"No, blame the bugs, the RNG, the lag/latency, there's no cheating here"-). Some say former-NGD RO-coders aided these vile endeavors back then, but idk. Regardless, no longer advantaged in that so many can & do cheat, almost-if-not-all of those 'Fiasco'-pros are long gone now as well, to games only they can still cheat in.

Also, tbph, can't say I like the current invasion model at all either, or what NGD calls class & realm balance atm (most still prefer the 'balance' of pre-WM 1.6.0 or 1 or 2 versions). It insanely now requires at least 3-&-4 to one odds to have any kind of reasonable chance of success to invade. This has led to a '4th-realm' movement over the past 2+ years. This '4th-realm' is the collective term I use to describe all the multi-realmers truly loyal only to themselves (& 'winning') & no longer loyal at all to any one realm, unlike the remaining single-realm-loyalists. Now, when '4th-Realmers' see a realm zerging up, they mostly then all log over to that realm.

Peeps do it to lose less & win more & it's just the trend I guess (bad tho it is). Because game's playerbase is almost entirely established players & not new ones (which we don't get many of anymore & who very rarely stay & play longterm), NGD ha$ to make it'$ payout $ome way, & $o it i$: more account$ in more realm$ = more revenue$ (it i$ what it i$). Simply put, CoR's current incarnation is sadly & seemingly a largely by-design multi-realming gearwhore zergsters', gankers' & cheaters' paradise....(& hopefully, this will change, as NGD recently promised us an entirely "new path")....

Welcome back regardless, & thoroughly enjoy yourself

Last edited by Lebeau; 08-08-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Whoa been a while. Im inactive but might checkout Amun soon.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
Mage_pegusas
Initiate

Mage_pegusas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
Hiya', Compy!
but in reality, they were being played by Patrick (Paddy'cakes'/Monday/Penguin - a latter-day pro from Raven).
I actually started on Ra 2007

Welcome back Comp. Monday here. Hope you enjoy the new patch - when it happens.

Hit me up if you wanna exchange setups and such.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Im still around and old enough to remember that you are guilty of high treason.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofmeat View Post
Im still around and old enough to remember that you are guilty of high treason.
Explain

Hi comp
Old 08-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #8
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Explain

Hi comp
Its nothing compared to todays realms whores. :P

I was just joking about his and Woodys disloyalty to Alsius, RA once upon a time.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulti19 View Post
... seriously, game worked better 5 years ago with a broken pc.
Have to agree here. I keep trying to give this game a chance and then I look at my ping.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwish View Post
Have to agree here. I keep trying to give this game a chance and then I look at my ping.
I have a server 3 hops away from NGD's servers. I've set up a VPN on it to bring my ping down from 4k average to about 100ms. The things I do to run this game, I do wonder why sometimes!

And, hi compost!
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote