Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road
Default To the Community - community events?

Hi guys,

This weekend's event was super fun. I really enjoyed the old players joining us - thank you for the fun

Just a thought - players pls respond. I have RL commitments which take up time. Between my relationship, between work, between business, and everything else that happens in between, I can't always play regularly. This means I can sometimes log in daily, sometimes weekly, sometimes monthly. I sometimes can't plan my logins. I think many players have similar issues.

This causes issues becuase when I can log on, nothing might be happening. After a few of those, I get dis-encouraged and either go to Ra or do something different for a while. Haven then loses a player until the forum catches my eye again.

But what if we all knew that on certain days, everyone is invited to logon for epic wars. I, and players in my situation/similar situation, would at least know - log in on that date and there will be action, I'll probably meet all my old friends, etc. Motivation to log in for us older players BOOMS. New players also have motivation because even when things are quiet, they know to wait for the epic war event and they get to have action, and see older players, trade, etc.

To explain what I mean in case I'm not being clear - every Sunday my RL buddies go for beach BBQs. We all know its happening. Sometimes some of us can't go, but it doesn't matter coz the others do so there's always a Sunday beach BBQ. And everyone knows its happening SUndays, so when we feel like a BBQ we know to leave Sunday clear.

Kind of thinking lets do something similar with RO.

All it takes is for us the community to fit dates between ourselves and take it up.

* It should be regular, so that when we do have time to play, we can play loads
* It shouldn't be too regular coz well, RL commitments.

Community pls answer:
1) Shall we all set dates between ourselves for epic war events? (Defntn - dates everyone knows about to login and war with friends)
2) Should it be weekly? Ever two weeks? Thoughts?

Thanks guys

Jaro Seeker/Jarne/Dr Jarne
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:23 AM   #2
Almighty1
Pledge

Almighty1 is on a distinguished road

+1

Weekends would be a better option, since most people don't have work/classes.

I will try to join in, if I am home on those dates. No guarantee though.
Almighty1 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #3
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

I´d like to join. I tried today/yesterday and logged in for half hour... 30 best minutes in Haven for sure since... I don´t know And we were not even that many players online. I cannot understand how NGD has not done any "event" like this but it had to be an user who came with the "idea". Players got no reward but fun, and they were happy... You see? Not much is needed for the players to be somehow "happy" while waiting for you to act.
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:29 AM   #4
Pashmiri
Pledge

Pashmiri is on a distinguished road

I think it's a great idea and I think for the vast majority of folks the weekend is the better option. Perhaps rotate the days .. one week a Friday the next a Saturday to try and make sure as many as possible can make it?

Would be super cool maybe if we could have a calendar added to the forum where maybe certain users could add the dates in? We'd have to be careful to try not to overdo it, but could be something that could work.

Poor Inq.. I've spammed them so much this week we even had folks logging in for the Saturday and Sunday! It really made my weekend though, for me, this is a place where war really is not as fun without your clan family and friends at your side so to see so many Inquisition for me has been simply amazing.

Samal yesterday (Sunday) was super fun as well.. I don't think I've seen that many Ignis on in a long time, and for a change it seemed like we had quite an equality in numbers, which was fantastic, had a great time!

Just another comment... Maybe its best that this is player organised. I think there would be a lot of expectations on NGD to give stuff if they organised it, and is that really what this is about? I don't know, maybe a small WMC bonus if they know if an event is planned and they can organise it, but I am more than happy with our reward being fun wars and the old faces that has crept out of the woodwork this weekend!

Snug x

Last edited by Pashmiri; 06-12-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Pashmiri no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:53 AM   #5
saumya
Initiate

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!)
saumya is on a distinguished road

I agree with this and Vadhir.
Yesterday's war was the best ive seen since a while, and it lasted for 2 hours straight ; first with alsius vs ignis when we had the fort, then when you allianced and let gelfs take samal. And then when gelfs went to pn and we ambushed them, then when we came back to samal and there the long 3way.
It was seriously amazing.

And yes, we SHOULD plan the same events, im suggesting every weekend, why not (?)
Also the single fact that is needed for the success of warring like yesterday is, logging and playing. Leave Ra for haven, you can do that.
Yesterday 2 friends of mine from Ra (mag mage & knight archer) came to haven as i invited them to the event. At samal, they said that this war was almost like playing alsius Ra but except that there was no area-spamming and instead good teamwork and movement.

And it did feel like an Ra war. But this was only successful because players ACTUALLY left Ra for a little bit to log and play haven. Because i did see ignis outnumbered, most of the times, but at one point they were killing us too. Its just that i think for these fort 3ways, logging a barb knight conju when you have it IS MUCH better than getting an archer, im just saying that a barb knight conju can ACTUALLY help a lot in turning the tables of the battle.
We should do this every weekend.

Last edited by saumya; 06-12-2017 at 08:06 AM.
saumya no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:05 AM   #6
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

I just come back yesterday from a good trip, and to be honest i was disappointed at the start when we took herb and none come to fight us and then at wall a syrtis zerg appeared .

But Samal war mad me really feel good and not disappointed anymore !

Big thumb up to IGNIS for not giving up even undernumber and all the pressure at samal.

Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
-Aniara-
Initiate

-Aniara- is on a distinguished road

Was great fun! Ty for making it happen!

/A
Old 06-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #8
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

I would be 500% more likely to log in if I knew there was stuff to do.

Rotating days and times are ideal. I'd personally set just 1 day a week. If you start doing 2, 3, more... then it will only dilute the already thin player base. Then we'd just have the same issue as if nothing was planned at all!
Old 06-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #9
Jippy
Initiate

Jippy is on a distinguished road

Hmmm - I might even log

WE NEED SOME GOATPOWWWAWAWAWAWAWAAAAAAAA
Old 06-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #10
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

You already have the goat powa...goats actually rule the server for 1 year or more.

We need to boost other realms activity, so war become more and more fun.

----------------------------------

To @Jaro it will be good to agree on dates and a time when we can all login and make an epic war. It can be Friday night, Saturday night or dunno... Or maybe every night at a predefined hour...

Maybe other option is to make a forum thread and post dates there. I doubt NGD will object about this - if forum moderators can make this thread sticked it will be better. If not here maybe in a facebook group or a steam group.

Seing last days activity i'm all open for this events to happen - war was awesome and i'm happy to see old faces show up.

Keep it going guys and gals! Post comments, post screenshots, make videos!

Last edited by ieti; 06-12-2017 at 08:46 PM.
ieti no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote