Add companions/clothing/fusion items, not jewels. 5 15.15%
Add jewels, but not with WMC (due to realm imbalance). 10 30.30%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2015, 10:59 PM   #1
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road
Default Poll: Warmaster Jewelry

We've had discussions in many threads about this, but I figured we could kind of sum things up in a much more simple way by having a poll.

The game could use new content for both visual and character stat customization, and making WMC have more of a purpose other than getting to warmaster is a good thing, but of course a line has to be drawn with realm balance in mind.

I added my personal suggestion to the poll, which is releasing (slightly modified) jewels, but not the +40 damage amulets. To go along with this, I suggest adding companions that aren't too OP, and hats/clothing/fusion items... Stuff like that. So that option in the poll includes these things obviously, even though they are not written.

I do think anything OP added to the game should not be obtained in any way that is directly effected by realm balance (which is also why bosses are BS now that level 60's can drop). But, that doesn't mean WMC shouldn't buy something that can help make our characters a little better.. I think something like companions are good because you have to subtract one stat to add another.

Well, I am curious to see if there is a good number of players that actually want these elemental amulets introduced into the next update. Keep in mind, with all of this added damage from those amulets... Door/gate strength will have to be looked at, as well as guard and guard captain strength. Also area damage will be higher in general.

With all of that in mind, what do you think? Keep in mind this is purely about the jewels, and how they are introduced into the game... Not about changing WMC wishes or the fort reward system.

Can I edit the poll? I meant to write "as they are" and not "are they are".

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
Tenel_Ka
Initiate

Tenel_Ka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDpro View Post
I added my personal suggestion to the poll, which is releasing (slightly modified) jewels, but not the +40 damage amulets.
Part of the purpose of the WM Jewellery was to bridge the gap between normal players and those with boss jewellery. Removing +40 amulets defeats the purpose. I'd implement the +40 amulets but reduce the affect jewellery has on marksmen. Been a while since I played (and actually killed something), but I think a +50 dragon amulet adds about +100 damage.

As for realm imbalance, I'd suggest a sixth option of just reworking how WMC is earned. Implement some "at least you tried" WMC rewards for the losing realms, or penalties for the overpopulated realms.

E V E R L A S T I N G
Adrestia ~ Kellie ~ Deionarra
Tenel_Ka no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:02 AM   #3
MDpro
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenel_Ka View Post
Part of the purpose of the WM Jewellery was to bridge the gap between normal players and those with boss jewellery. Removing +40 amulets defeats the purpose. I'd implement the +40 amulets but reduce the affect jewellery has on marksmen. Been a while since I played (and actually killed something), but I think a +50 dragon amulet adds about +100 damage.

As for realm imbalance, I'd suggest a sixth option of just reworking how WMC is earned. Implement some "at least you tried" WMC rewards for the losing realms, or penalties for the overpopulated realms.
I understand the idea behind adding those amulets, but I don't believe adding a lot more overall damage to the game is a good thing, especially for the reasons I mentioned (health values, door/gate strength, guards, areas... etc). As a conj, I'd much rather get hit with 400+ norms by only a few marks, than by EVERY warmaster marks. I strongly believe the game has enough damage output as it is. Also in Ra, boss jewelry is not that big a deal because there are very few people who have more than one piece of it. So that's more of a population issue. All I'm saying is, balancing out damage is fine... But just adding more damage for everyone without adding better health and defensive stats is not the right idea. This will just make playing support even tougher.

In response to the second part of your comment... Everything about how warmaster coins are earned based on realm population is a different subject. This is purely about the content that may be added in the next update.

Alsius or nothing
Old 08-14-2015, 12:25 AM   #4
Telwe
Initiate

Telwe is on a distinguished road

would prefer option 3 only if boss jewels are nerfed to be equal in strength.
Telwe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:26 AM   #5
Tenel_Ka
Initiate

Tenel_Ka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I understand the idea behind adding those amulets, but I don't believe adding a lot more overall damage to the game is a good thing, especially for the reasons I mentioned (health values, door/gate strength, guards, areas... etc). As a conj, I'd much rather get hit with 400+ norms by only a few marks, than by EVERY warmaster marks. I strongly believe the game has enough damage output as it is. Also in Ra, boss jewelry is not that big a deal because there are very few people who have more than one piece of it. So that's more of a population issue. All I'm saying is, balancing out damage is fine... But just adding more damage for everyone without adding better health and defensive stats is not the right idea.
I agree with you, really. I was against this idea when first suggested, and would have preferred if boss jewellery remained rare and nerfed on marksmen. But the reason this was suggested in the first place was to bridge the gap, and NGD is unlikely to listen to any suggestion that works against this purpose. Threads like this don't achieve anything, all we can do is make suggestions that work alongside NGD's goals and hope there's some minute chance they'll listen for once.

Quote:
In response to the second part of your comment... Everything about how warmaster coins are earned based on realm population is a different subject. This is purely about the content that may be added in the next update.
Your fifth suggestion is to implement jewels for something other than WMC due to realm imbalance. I suggested to just change WMC instead due to realm imbalance (without going into detail). I don't see how one is relevant to the discussion and the other isn't?

E V E R L A S T I N G
Adrestia ~ Kellie ~ Deionarra
Tenel_Ka no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:43 AM   #6
MDpro
Initiate

Quote:
I agree with you, really. I was against this idea when first suggested, and would have preferred if boss jewellery remained rare and nerfed on marksmen. But the reason this was suggested in the first place was to bridge the gap, and NGD is unlikely to listen to any suggestion that works against this purpose. Threads like this don't achieve anything, all we can do is make suggestions that work alongside NGD's goals and hope there's some minute chance they'll listen for once.
The point was just to simplify everyone's thoughts, so it's easier for NGD to have an idea of how everyone feels about the new update. That's the point of this poll, to just sum up everything based on all of the different threads and 1000000 word posts about this subject that not everyone wants to read.
Also more people are likely to submit their opinion by voting on a poll, it's quick and easy. Also, we have yet to see people that actually want these amulets voice their opinion about the whole subject. But yeah, I suppose you're right about NGD not listening to suggestions that work against their goals.

Quote:
Your fifth suggestion is to implement jewels for something other than WMC due to realm imbalance. I suggested to just change WMC instead due to realm imbalance (without going into detail). I don't see how one is relevant to the discussion and the other isn't?
Actually, that one poll option was really just for people who want to shrug off WMC jewelry all together... Which means they wouldn't have anything to discuss on the matter.

Also, that would require a whole different update to the game, meaning a new discussion.

Quote:
would prefer option 3 only if boss jewels are nerfed to be equal in strength.
I completely agree, but I remember reading one of Adrian's posts somewhere that it's not really an option. I don't remember which thread it was in, but it was something like "sometimes you just can't go back" when it comes to dragon amulets more specifically.

Alsius or nothing

Last edited by MDpro; 08-14-2015 at 01:06 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:31 AM   #7
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

Personally i like this courageous step from NGD, and ofc as they said there are sill a lot of work after...
The only big issue for me is marks, his dmg & range is too retarded. With max dmg build and mag bow u can reach easy 1k critical and 1300 to 2000 lethal strike from 40m range.
i beleive recharged arrows isn't really needed for marks.
Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #8
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Nice poll, well done.

I voted

Quote:
Add all jewels (with minor tweaks) except +40 amulets.
How can anybody vote for this? The only reason why we actually need the jewlery is to make dragon ammy players less op.

I voted "Add jewels, but not with WMC (due to realm imbalance).". I'd prefer some adjustments, before everything goes live. Bold example: halve all gained wmc of the last month. the situation with alsius on Haven is too messed up.
I wonder why NGD does never apply any immediate short-term adjustments (like temporarily disabling wmc rewards on Haven, or a temporary relic lock, or a temporary realm gem lock, triple fort buff, whatever, plenty of possibilities until the next update comes. Anything, literally anything would be better than what's happening right now: zero measures and an unplayble server). Too difficult? Don't they want to? Can't they? Due to what?
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:14 PM   #9
MDpro
Initiate

But the only way they should introduce them into the game is if they add health to players and doors/gates/guards. Then it wouldn't be a problem, and things would be balanced. They should not even consider making this update live without doing that first.

Also, the health and range/melee received damage reduction from these jewels is not enough to make up for the +40 elemental damage that barbs and archers are going to have.

Quote:
The only reason why we actually need the jewlery is to make dragon ammy players less op.
I wouldn't say the only reason... Warmaster coins need to have more of a purpose other than for warmaster status.

Alsius or nothing
Old 08-18-2015, 11:00 PM   #10
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

i voted for the last option,i have always wanted this and im very sad that NGD have made them obtainable through wmc only.

Balance isnt achieved by doing it this way!