Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 04-02-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
Gnupis
Pledge

Gnupis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The reason Haven is underpopulated

There have been lots of complains on the low population of Haven lately, and even on the way Alsius players seem to exploit this. Alsius might indeed be at fault, let me explain what has happened here.

Alsius in the dimension of Haven had always been a bit weak. Day after day the elven forces would crush the proud Alsirian walls and castles, mowing down the gate and tearing apart the inner zone. Complains of this dire situation reached as far as the highborn ears of the Alsirian emperor himself. After many sleepless nights, crafty plans and even after seeking the help of the gods themselves, the concerned sovereign started to grow impatient. After all, his enemies were already exploiting this situation to apply political pressure on him and his people were loosing trust by the day. Unfortunate, as in our direst moments we make the worst decisions.

Deep beneath the palace, exactly as deep one would expect and maybe even deeper, lied the imperial dungeons. The hooded figure of the emperor dismissed the armor-clad guards and followed the disfigured dwarven torturer among the corridors. They both boarded the wooden lift and though endless creaking sounds of chains they descended to the lower levels. The person he was looking for was someone long forgotten by the bigger part of the world. Vadim Etherdark, one of Ignis's most prominent warlocks once, who later came to be refered to simply as the Deathlock. In the service of the Ignean clan council Vadim had often laid waste to the Alsius army earning crucial victories and the attention of the Alsirian frost mages themselves, the tightly-knit wizard circle serving the emperor. After careful planning and a bit of mischief, the circle was able to capture Vadim and temporarily suppress his extraordinary powers, long enough to transport him and imprison him in the deeper levels of the emperor's dungeon under a state of constant magic drainage. The highborn man knew of the risks he was taking by going down there and despite all the magic charms he was loaded with he couldn't help but feel anxious.
-And look who's here for a visit, now. The voice came out with the pressure of someone who hadn't spoken for centuries.
The Deathlock , even if chained and magic-starved, had an eerie glow in his eyes. Around him were placed several floating orbs tall as a grown man, used to contain the drained mana. Twice per day a wizard of the circle would come and retrieve the orbs replacing them with dull colored empty ones.
-Deathlock. Or should I say Vadim? Your glory days are past after all, the emperor replied. It seems the gods have favored you today. You were given a chance. Help the realm, help Alsius and help yourself.
A much expected cackle came from the warlock's side. He knew all too well, if the emperor was there asking for his help he must have been desperate. It was a great opportunity indeed, perhaps greater than the royal fool was realizing... Vadim's price wasn't going to be cheap.
-I will help you win this war... Alsius is going to excell over all other realms. Total dominance! And in return... everything i ask... everything.
The emperor should have payed closer attention to the warlocks words at the time. He was however so absorbed by this far-fetched promise. Total dominance? So easily? Alsius was loosing the war! If Vadim had such power why hadn't he used it already against them? He pondered.
-If you help us win this war I will set you free. I might even reward you. The crown is not ungrateful. If, however, you are trying to trick me you re going to wish you never left this cell. The emperor tried to sound threatening but something about the warlock was putting him off. No matter, he wasn't going to let this chance fly away. He had to win the war.

In the span of the next days Vadim was freed. Despite the complains of some of the frost mages he was given free access to the realm's magical resources, always under the tight observation of the circle of course. The wizards would frequently report to the emperor detailing every single of Vadim's moves.
-So, what do you think he is doing?
-Despite our best efforts he is being secretive, my liege. We have watched him day and night but it is hard to tell what he is planning.
-You must have some idea! Are you saying he is that much more proficient than you lot?
-Well, my liege, if I had to guess, I'd say he is working on an empowerment spell...

And so the days passed. The Deathlock declared his work finished and asked to be transported to the warring continent. They traveled incognito along with the emperor and the frost mages.
- I need a place with good sight to the warzone... and the troops, said Vadim.
The frost mage accompanying him nodded.
-We will have you stand on Birka's tower, warlock. And remember, we are watching you.

Vadim, the emperor, the frost mages. They all stood on top of the tower with only a few Alsirian generals knowing who they were or what they were actually doing. And as the moments were passing restlessness only grew.
-What is your plan then? How are you going to make me win this war?
-It is an empowerment spell, your highness...
Vadim started the incantation. At first nothing seemed to happen. As time passed however, black clouds started to accumulate on the horizon towards the center of the warzone.
-This... doesn't look like and empowerment spell.
Vadim turned around, his eyes gleaming.
-Now comes the empowering part!
With a shrieking wail servant spirits rose engulfing every single of the frost mages. As the exhausted wizards crumbled Vadim laughed at the bewildered emperor.
-You weren't thinking I could do all this on my own reserves, were you? You did drain my mana for years after all, you have to pay me back somehow!
The cloud on the horizon grew larger and denser. By the time the emperor realised what it was it was far too late.
-That's... locusts!
-And that's correct! What do you think, your highness? How would you like your foes eaten by insects?
-Fool! They are coming here! They will devour us too!
The warlock started to summon a red portal.
-You know the saying on eggs and omelets. Besides, I did not go back on my promise. Alsius will prevail... see, the locusts hate cold. Everyone else dies but a few of you will live. By the time all this is over The Alsius army will outnumber everyone else three to one. By the way, perhaps you should consider getting a horse to Doshim. We wouldn't want Alsius to loose its dear emperor, just when its about to win the war too!

And there you have it, its that guy's fault. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Gnupis; 04-02-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Gnupis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Or y'know, multis.

Nice read tho lel
Old 04-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
Artemo
Initiate

Artemo is on a distinguished road

Imo Hamsters are worse than Insects

Good story, excellent writing.

Would make for a good quest, [Defeat 2000 locusts, gain 2ep]

Last edited by Artemo; 04-02-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Artemo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
saumya
Initiate

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!)
saumya is on a distinguished road

Hamsters will rule the game
saumya no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
Monthser
Secondary account

Monthser is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll tell you a different story, the true one.
Out of boredom some players started to create characters in another realm: Alsius. Those were the first multirealmers.
Soon their friends followed them. Alsius band of renegades started to invade the other realms. Due to that and the fact that having characters in another realms was not prohibited any more and attracted to the victorious realm of Alsius who was invading constantly the others, more players left for Alsius leaving Ignis and Syrtis almost empty. After a few months, tired of being slaughtered, invaded and humiliated the few loyal Ignis and Syrtians who were left behind started to quit Haven. Some went to Ra, others quit the game for good.
And so slowly Haven died.

Thank you, freaking multis for ruining the game.
The end

P.S. This is not an accusation to the true Alsius players who I have always respected but to the scumbags multis.
Monthser no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:31 PM   #6
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthser View Post
After a few months, tired of being slaughtered, invaded and humiliated the few loyal Ignis and Syrtians who were left behind started to quit Haven. Some went to Ra, others quit the game for good.
mfw people from alsius tell me to bring people back from ra
Old 04-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #7
TheBarbarianAlsius
Baron

TheBarbarianAlsius is on a distinguished road

This guy really think i will read it all? LUL

Skallagrimr
TheBarbarianAlsius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthser View Post
I'll tell you a different story, the true one.
Out of boredom some players started to create characters in another realm: Alsius. Those were the first multirealmers.
Soon their friends followed them. Alsius band of renegades started to invade the other realms. Due to that and the fact that having characters in another realms was not prohibited any more and attracted to the victorious realm of Alsius who was invading constantly the others, more players left for Alsius leaving Ignis and Syrtis almost empty. After a few months, tired of being slaughtered, invaded and humiliated the few loyal Ignis and Syrtians who were left behind started to quit Haven. Some went to Ra, others quit the game for good.

Thank you, freaking multis for ruining the game.
The end

P.S. This is not an accusation to the true Alsius players who I have always respected but to the scumbags multis.

ahaha

i wish i could click in "like" on this comment.

Funny is that months, many months ago, when i posted here on the forum about how bad was the multi realming for the game, a zerg of players (ignis and alsius, even some syrtis too) complained saying that multi realming was not a problem, and that it was even good for the game.
Now they can see who was right during all this time.

Best, Elva Hunter - Elite of Syrtis

Old 04-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #9
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnupis View Post
You write very well,
Very good story, but... Locusts? ^^"

Old 04-03-2017, 12:04 AM   #10
Gnupis
Pledge

Gnupis is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I don't really know why this happened to Haven but blaming it all on the multis seems to open more questions than before. If people are just ready to hop onto the winning side like that why didn't this happen a few years ago when Syrtis was the dominant realm? Why hasn't the same thing happened on Ra already? If all this truly happened because of the multirealmers several logical assumptions can be made, as "people enjoy the winner's hype more than fighting as part of a realm", "the social bonds formed in the game are not strong enough anymore" and "hispanic people still remember how to have fun"! I'm not saying all of this is true, just that saying "its all the multi's fault" is more than a direct accusation towards a group of people who ruined our fun.
Gnupis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote