Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 12-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #1
fizzit
Pledge

fizzit is on a distinguished road
Default Warlock spell list translation

I am working on a Spanish to English translation of the warlock spell list presented by Sayos.

I'd really like help with this. I've probably made some mistakes, and I know there are several spells I don't understand and some that I have questions about. Please check the entire list for accuracy; I'd appreciate any help you can offer where I've listed questions. I plan to compile the feedback and update the list for everyone. Thanks!

Note, the spell names are not necessarily the ones you would see in game; I am only level 15 and I don't have access to most of the spells. I've simply made up descriptive names myself or attempted direct translations.

*** Now Updated with Tyr's information below, thanks!

Arioc
(Dark Elf Warlock 15)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Warlock-spell-list.txt (3.8 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by fizzit; 12-08-2006 at 03:22 AM.
fizzit no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Here i filled in what i know. I can test some of the "Necromancy" stuff tonight.

Combat Magic +Dmg is this spell or attack damage? (passive - increased damage from staff)

Energy Barrier Magic resist? (Shield) what does this do? (Shield that can absorb up to 1000 DMG points)

Benediction (Bless) +Acc/+Dmg is this targeted or self? I can't get it to work. (Target)

Dispel Magic(this is Disabled) ? what does this do?

Master of Arms(Bless Weapon) +Acc for weapon attacks, not spells?(Increase Target Max weapon damage)

Mass Dispel Magic ? what does this do? (disabled)

Dispel Summoned (Disabled) Banish eliminates a summoned creature. does this affect pets? other?

Magic Servant Pet creates a pet? (No not a pet can't rember what this does)

Meteorite Dmg/Confusion what does confusion do exactly? (Have not seen Confusion work with this spell)

Wind Wall Absorb Dmg is this for a single strike or does it last? (This does not seem to be work right now)

Wall of Crystal(Crystal Outbreak) Absorb Dmg(Cone of Dmg) is this for a single strike or does it last? (Single Strike)

Cold Armor(Elemental Resist) Resist Dmg does this only reduce physical attack Dmg, not spell Dmg? (Passive adds %5 - %15 resistance to all damage)

Sultar's Terror AoE Dmg/Confuse what does confusion do exactly? (High damage, causes you to cast spell on ones self and can not move or attact for 15-30 sec.)

Ice Blast DoT/Snare(DOT Only) Descriptoin doesn't show snare effect but it seems to have one

Organized Confusion

Last edited by Tyr; 12-07-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
Fobos
Initiate

Fobos is on a distinguished road

Like I said 4 sme other places, vry good work comrade!

4 ALsius!
Fobos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
Inorcist
Pledge

Inorcist is on a distinguished road

can any higher lvl warlock give an update here?

would be nice to know which spells we get so i dont always have to reset everything to try them all out...
Inorcist no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Tyr
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inorcist
can any higher lvl warlock give an update here?

would be nice to know which spells we get so i dont always have to reset everything to try them all out...
The spells for warlock are being "balanced/fixed". Spells have been removed, changed, and new ones added over the past few weeks. This is still ongoing so there is little point to redo the spell list until all the spells has been finalized. It is a pain to keep resetting powers all the time but so is redoing the spell list after every change.

Organized Confusion

Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 AM   #6
niclam
Legend

niclam will become famous soon enough

Sorry about this guys, but we need to make this changes happen right now before moving on.
That's why we have been making radical changes to the spell system.

I would suggest waiting a little longer before making a spell guide. I can't really give you a precise date but an estimate would be, weeks.

Regards
Old 03-13-2007, 08:16 AM   #7
Magister
Pledge

Magister is on a distinguished road

this:

"Energy Barrier Magic resist? (Shield) what does this do? (Shield that can absorb up to 1000 DMG points)"

That is incorrect. The shield does not block 1000dmg points. It is 100dmg or 200 seconds I belive, which ever comes first. However, the cost of the spell (100mana) makes it pretty much unusable at lower levels unless you like sitting VERY often.
Magister no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #8
Tyr
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister
this:

"Energy Barrier Magic resist? (Shield) what does this do? (Shield that can absorb up to 1000 DMG points)"

That is incorrect. The shield does not block 1000dmg points. It is 100dmg or 200 seconds I belive, which ever comes first. However, the cost of the spell (100mana) makes it pretty much unusable at lower levels unless you like sitting VERY often.
After you add 5 points to that skill it will give you a shield that can block 1000 damage points. At level 1 shield blocks 100, level 2 blocks 250, level 3 blocks 500, level 4 blocks 750, and level 5 blocks 1000. To be honest I have not used shield for leveling at all. I only started to use after I got to the war zone and was involved in RvR combat. That is when I found the shield to be helpful. For leveling I would focus on “damage”, “can’t move”, and “knockdown” spells they are better for leveling then the shield is.

Organized Confusion

Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
richard315
Baron

richard315 will become famous soon enough
Default If I can help...

Hello, I have published a warlock powers list update on March 12th in the Spanish Beginner's Help forum. As you can read my english is not very good, for that reason (and because of the time it will take me) I can not translate it.

I post the file here hoping that someone with the skills and the time will translate it. I know some players that can not understand a single word in Spanish and I think they would appreciate the translation.

If someone is writing his/her own list, please feel free to use the information of this file as he/she wants.

If you have a question about this list or about some power, you can contact me using Private Messages to the user richard315.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Poderes de Brujo.zip (70.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #10
Masse
Pledge

Masse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard315
Hello, I have published a warlock powers list update on March 12th in the Spanish Beginner's Help forum. As you can read my english is not very good, for that reason (and because of the time it will take me) I can not translate it.

I post the file here hoping that someone with the skills and the time will translate it. I know some players that can not understand a single word in Spanish and I think they would appreciate the translation.

If someone is writing his/her own list, please feel free to use the information of this file as he/she wants.

If you have a question about this list or about some power, you can contact me using Private Messages to the user richard315.
You are underestimating yourself. I saw no mistakes in your text. Could you translate the list, and then someone could finish, and polish it? Like you said, there are people who don't know Spanish at all, but there are people who do understand engrish
Masse no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote