Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Regnum: new path

Hey Community,

During the last few months there has been an amount of interaction between NGD and you that's not the one we would desire in terms of frequency and content. This is due of our developing methods and to the, nowadays, dated idea of not generating any expectations. We've decided to change this, as it's clear it doesn't work.

Firstly, we'll modify responsibilities and roles in our team. From now on, the guy who'll be in charge of the game is actually who's writing this: Adrian. Yes, I'm very excited about this new role and I'm eager to start generating new and better results!

I'll also have Frosk helping me, who I'm going to work with in design and execution of events, GM coordinated activities, and Gameplay mechanics (PVP; RVR; PVE) design and balance.

During May and what's left of April, we'll rebuild the roadmap to post a public one during early June. More news articles are going to be posted regarding this and other stuff, with a much more frequency.

We put a lot of effort in Regnum in terms of content and expansion in the last years, and we're sure that it's time to start fixing and polishing what we have now instead of adding another huge change. How? Well, these are some of the "checkpoints" we want to achieve for this next semester:

- GMs: Organization and assistance in-game.
- Events: Creating more simple yet dynamic events, with more frequency instead of having them launched so far from each other.
- Invasion Mechanics: Important adjustments and tweaks based on received feedback since the latest big additions that will make them more attractive.
- Bugs: Solve those that annoy users the most, whether if they're simple or complex.
- Balance: Tweaking and a lot to do, possible thanks to the large amount of feedback available in the forums.
- User retention: Determine and solve the fact that many users leave early, as well as generating incentive on those that have been with us for a long time.

These should cover most of the points. More details will be provided in June's roadmap.

During the upcoming weeks until the month already mentioned we'll be focusing ourselves in setting everything up for this new "era". Discuss, propose, analyse this announcement; we'll be reading you!
Adrian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

congrats on the new position adrian, I hope you and Frosk will be able to suffer through all the forum threads ideas (and the flaming )

Ill be looking forward to the roadmap and bugfixes (also events <3)
goodluck, hope you guys find time to play the game too,
its a more healthy environment to find out what could be changed about CoR
Old 04-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #3
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

I hope my compilation will be of a use to you and I hope you maintain all your checkpoints.

Best of luck.

Hey Aari, how have you been? ^^

Last edited by Tamui; 04-11-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: I just HAD to say hi to a friend.
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
AariEv
Initiate

AariEv is on a distinguished road

Good luck with everything. Looking forward to the changes you'll be applying.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

That's the great news, Adrian. The whole community is waiting for this.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Make me a GM, you will not be disappointed .
Old 04-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #7
pauluzz
Initiate

pauluzz is on a distinguished road

Great to hear Adrian! And congrats with your new position!

The most important thing I would suggest for this game..

Try to shift your revenues from boosters to other premium content.
Try to move this game to a position where you can actually reduce the XP curve. Perhaps even reduce it by a third.

One thing you're doing pretty decently is art.
Use this to your advantage. Create exciting premium items! loads of them! Get more revenue out of art!

Like we all know, people are leaving the game early. Why? Find it out yourself! Create a new character, drop all your fancy Admin stuff and go grind! It's boring as hell! It already starts at level 10, where you have to grind 1k of xp after you have completed your quests. It's boring from the start.

Why is it boring? -no proper motivation. What is the goal in this game? A big motivation in the early game are spell points, you want to use more and new spells. But it takes ages untill you reach level 21, the level where you can finally spend 3 powerpoints on one spell. Most players won't even reach this. And for those who do, all they see is more grind to come. Because it takes even longer to get to the next stages: level 29 and finally level 35.

It should be SO much easier to get to level 35. Because after that level, grinding actually gets easier and faster. And moreover, you can finally start to take part in the RvR wars.

Another motivation - Drops and gear. The droprate of usefull items is incredibly low. Back in the old days, items were my number one motivation to grind. ('if I grind one more level I can use this item')
People need something to start with. And as soon as they have this, human nature kicks in.. They always want more and better items. Increasing the droprate might actually increase the amount sales of lucky boxes.

This may sound pretty simplistic, I know grinding is part of a MMORPG. But in my opinion, and many others', grinding in this game is just way too hard and unsatisfieing. Realm tasks were a great motivation! Untill you nerfed them badly...

Next up is late-game grinding. Another chokepoint. After level 50, grindings becomes A LOT. By now you have enough powerpoints to create some decent war setups. You can still grind for more points, but this motivation becomes lesser and lesser. So what's next up? Become Warmaster woah!
But what do you actually gain from it? 90% of the warmaster skills are not that exciting. We need something to grind for! Magnanite weapons? meh it takes ages and they're not even that overpowered.

Create some stuff that is actually doable and FUN. Something that motivates us to work for. Because at the moment, it really feels like we are milk cows.

One last blunt remark: The game has gone to shit, why not experiment?
Ofc it's not shit! We all love it and we CARE! That's why we're still here

Pauluzz - Warlockz - Paul - Pauluzu - Paululu - Felicica --- INQUISITION
pauluzz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #8
MxCx
Initiate

MxCx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Make me a GM, you will not be disappointed .
+1 to this, he already stands around and watches the fights and logs in to chat with the players. GM material
MxCx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #9
MxCx
Initiate

MxCx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluzz View Post
Great to hear Adrian! And congrats with your new position!

The most important thing I would suggest for this game..

Try to shift your revenues from boosters to other premium content.
Try to move this game to a position where you can actually reduce the XP curve. Perhaps even reduce it by a third.

One thing you're doing pretty decently is art.
Use this to your advantage. Create exciting premium items! loads of them! Get more revenue out of art!

Like we all know, people are leaving the game early. Why? Find it out yourself! Create a new character, drop all your fancy Admin stuff and go grind! It's boring as hell! It already starts at level 10, where you have to grind 1k of xp after you have completed your quests. It's boring from the start.

Why is it boring? -no proper motivation. What is the goal in this game? A big motivation in the early game are spell points, you want to use more and new spells. But it takes ages untill you reach level 21, the level where you can finally spend 3 powerpoints on one spell. Most players won't even reach this. And for those who do, all they see is more grind to come. Because it takes even longer to get to the next stages: level 29 and finally level 35.

It should be SO much easier to get to level 35. Because after that level, grinding actually gets easier and faster. And moreover, you can finally start to take part in the RvR wars.

Another motivation - Drops and gear. The droprate of usefull items is incredibly low. Back in the old days, items were my number one motivation to grind. ('if I grind one more level I can use this item')
People need something to start with. And as soon as they have this, human nature kicks in.. They always want more and better items. Increasing the droprate might actually increase the amount sales of lucky boxes.

This may sound pretty simplistic, I know grinding is part of a MMORPG. But in my opinion, and many others', grinding in this game is just way too hard and unsatisfieing. Realm tasks were a great motivation! Untill you nerfed them badly...

Next up is late-game grinding. Another chokepoint. After level 50, grindings becomes A LOT. By now you have enough powerpoints to create some decent war setups. You can still grind for more points, but this motivation becomes lesser and lesser. So what's next up? Become Warmaster woah!
But what do you actually gain from it? 90% of the warmaster skills are not that exciting. We need something to grind for! Magnanite weapons? meh it takes ages and they're not even that overpowered.

Create some stuff that is actually doable and FUN. Something that motivates us to work for. Because at the moment, it really feels like we are milk cows.

One last blunt remark: The game has gone to shit, why not experiment?
Ofc it's not shit! We all love it and we CARE! That's why we're still here
Adrian and Fatal already do level their own chars...hopefully they'll be able to use what they should know needs to be changed and actually get something positive done
MxCx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #10
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

speaking of balance, invasion mechanics and adjustments, pls don't forget various other, older threads which sometimes include vast lists of suggestoins, small bugs and ideas which could be done quickly.
(e.g., this and this one)

anyway, good luck

(I guess we're not supposed to post our very opinion on the game's mechanics and problems now?)

edit. will future events apply only for Haven and Ra?
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, events, gms, invasions, roadmap