PDA

View Full Version : Spell Resist, mob resist too much

BlueAngel
02-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi, I'm a lvl 13 Warlock and even if I agree the warlock class is unbalanced I wish to say it's nice and I hope it will be improved soonly. Anyway I wish to know why ALL the monster around the world can resist spells... if we wish to talk theorical it's nonsense all the creatures in the world can resist spells, if it's made for balance I think it's not right becouse the monster can resist spells and also evade them but a fighter character, as I know, have only the chance to have his hit evaded, not resisted. So why magic-class must have the possibility to have their spells resisted? And even then why so oftenly?
A Young Griphonite (which is light green, very easy, for me) resisted 5 spells consecutively... I was unlucky I know but I think only bosses should have the possibility to resist spell.
Of course that griphonite has been punished as it should be.
And I wish also to say that the if warlock (but I think the other mage-classes too) run out of mana can only run becouse his attack is too weak (and can be evade easly) to make a serious menace to the monster.
Thank you for you time.

BlueAngel
02-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Just for give an example:
http://www.exceptionteam.eu/screenshot.jpg

I was out of mana -_-

Tyr
02-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I know that it is frustrating when you get on a bad run and the critters evade or resist all the time but it happens to all class not just warlocks. The MOB evade and resist is there to stop people from exploiting higher level MOBs to gain level faster. The good new is that the evasion and resist rate is a temporary solution overcome a weak MOB AI and should be fixed at some point.

subzerro
02-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Hello,

Wondered if the acual group system was like it is due to same reasons (avoiding bug exploit). And why not splitting xp even if the player do not hit the mob ? (make heal during battle in group, or group with 2 or 3 level difference nearly impossible except for chat).

Not a complain, just a question.
Sincerly.

Tyr
02-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Wondered if the acual group system was like it is due to same reasons (avoiding bug exploit). And why not splitting xp even if the player do not hit the mob ?

That would just cause more problems. One person could just join group and follow them around and get XP doing nothing. Even if you just needed to get a single hit in some people would just get in that 1 hit and let the rest of the group finish it off. That way there would be no risk of dieing or damaging weapons/armor. Any gold they get would never need to be spent until level 50. The only way it works with no exploits is the way it is now.

Now the group bonus XP could use some adjustment. It is just a bit too small and maybe a 10% increase would be good.

BlueAngel
02-02-2007, 10:26 PM
The problem is also at level 13 and 14 I've got serious problem to find good mob to kill becouse I've found only green monsters around. The only blue and yellow monsters were some spiders and grizzlies but too few and too near violet monsters. Being a warlock didn't helped.
Now, at level 15, I have almost the same problem: no blue monster, few yellow and too near violet monsters. Also xp is too few and I have to try red monsters otherwise I get low xp and the game become frustating. If this is not enough the only useable spell are fireball, beetle swarm and arcane missle, the rest of my repertoire of spells are really useless (too low damage, too much mana).
I should try another class and see if it's the same.

Tyr
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
By looking at the picture I'm guess you are in Alsuis. If that is the case at 15 you might be able to kill the orcs on top of the hill near birka if not you soon will. After the orcs go to Hastad and kill the yetis there for 2 or 3 levels. After that kill the orcs below Birka for 4 or 5 levels. That should get you to level 27-29. After that you will need to hunt in the war zone.

If you are in Alsuis and need help look me up in game I have been using my hunter more then my warlock so look for Lasher...

BlueAngel
02-03-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't want to keep this discussion forever but I wish to say two things more. The orcs are impossible for my level so I will get a lot of miss and a lot of kicks from them, also as I told before the really usefull spell are that three anyway thinking in better the others are not completely useless, they are incredibly usefull for a debuffer character... but for party, it's impossible to use tens and tens of spell on a single, most times insignificantly, mob.
And as a debuffer character isn't reasonable that a party of same level (or almost) should go to look for higher level mobs? So... the point is if higher monster (always talking of actual level) are good for parties can we still talk about restricion of monster level as two replies before?
I mean thinking better if a impossible monster will evade or resist mostly of my attacks but it's a more killable in party well I think NGD made a good job becouse the real spirit of a MMORPG is the first two "M" letter of that word (Massively Multiplayer). But, actually the server is too low populated and also I think some quest made just for parties would be a great thing.
Also Try thank you, I will look for you in game. Bye!