PDA

View Full Version : Character creation guide

imasu
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi,

finally this guide is translated thanks to Herpam; you can check it here:

Character creation guide (http://www.regnumzg.com.ar/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=2&lang=en)

Any comments, improvements, and corrections are most welcome.

Cheers

tandcemerson
02-08-2007, 11:41 PM
After reading my post you might be upset. Not sure if you want to know all the spelling errors - take this as face value. Content it is good though and detailed. I liked the charts on the final page.

I've not played the game in quite some time so my suggestions could be faulty.

On the Races page, you might want to mention that gender has no bearing on your character's statistics.

On the attributes page, it might be worthwhile to mention that stats are automatically distributed as the character levels up. If you could find out how that is done too - it could be a good note.

*Note* Bear in mind I come from an American English background instead of British English. I saw on the Appearance page that you are using British English (colour) so I may be off somewhat.

Page 1 "Intro" - ofer should be offer
Page 1 "Alsuis" - warrios should be warriors
Page 1 "Ignis" - inifinite should be infinite
Page 1 "Ignis" - imponent isn't a word in American English, not sure what was meant
Page 1 "Ignis" - excelent should be excellent

Page 2 "Esquelios" - decendents should be desendants
Page 2 "Half Elves or Semi-Elves" - Thay should be they

Page 3 "Knight" - defence should be defense
Page 3 "Sniper" - I believe Regnum translated it as marksman instead of sniper
Page 3 "Warlock" - spellcaster should be spell caster

Page 4 "Hair colour-beard colour" - you forgot a space after the period

Page 5 "Caption under the picture" - atributtes should be attributes

Tyr
02-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Great Job... The only thing I would do is add a comment that was in the Spanish balance forum from MegriM. I think I have translated it correctly but if not here is the link to the original post.

http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=3040&page=2

Horseman
Each point of constitution grants a greater advantage to him in health than to other subclasses.
The armors use them more indeed and they protile it better than to other classes.
It can use shields.

Barbarian
Each point of force grants more damage to him than to other subclasses.
It can use arms of two hands.
We have glided someday that can use two arms of a hand. But it is not in our plans in the short term.

Wizard and Gunner
Each point of intelligence (Wizard) and point of skill (Gunner) grants an extra advantage to them of damage. That is to say, the Conjurador and Cazador also increase their damage if they improve these attributes to a lesser extent but.
They are only different by the disciplines.

Tyr
02-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Page 3 "Sniper" - I believe Regnum translated it as marksman instead of sniper

It is Marksman not sniper

imasu
02-09-2007, 02:07 PM
After reading my post you might be upset.

Upset? not at all, I'm very happy in fact. I could be a bit ashamed if that many errors were found in the spanish article though.

I'll correct the errors and I'll re-check the text looking for more.

Thanks to both of you tandcemerson and Tyr, I'll try to keep the document updated (I'll wait until the changes in the experimental server goes live)

Take care, thanks again

---------
Edit:

Tyr, I've modified slightly the text to this one; can anyone confirm/correct it?

Knight
Each constitution point grants him a greater advantage in health than to the other classes.
He uses armor more effectively, and they protect him better than to the other classes.
He can wear shields.

Barbarian
Each point of force grants him more damage than to the other classes.
He can use two-handed weapons.
ngd has plans to let the barbarian wear two one-handed wapons someday (but not in the short term).

Warlock and Marksman
Each intelligence point (Warlock) and each dexterity point (Marksman) grants them a damage bonus.
Which means that the Conjurer and Hunter also increase their damage if they improve these attributes but to a a lesser extent.
They only difference each other for the disciplines.

tandcemerson, I've corrected/updated the info with your suggestions; about the
If you could find out how that is done too - it could be a good note.

There is an ongoing effort toward this at the RZG Forum (http://regnumzg.com.ar/foro/index.php?board=19.0), sorry it is in spanish, the relevant threads are the ones "Perfil de atributos de ..." (Attributes profile of).
Rest assured that when we have the info it will be made available both in spanish and english.

Thanks again to both of you.

tandcemerson
02-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Recommendations:

Knight
Each constitution point grants him a greater advantage in health to <remove to> than the other classes. He uses armor more effectively, and they protect him better than to <remove to> the other classes. He can wear shields.

Barbarian
Each point of force <strength?> grants him more damage than <remove to> the other classes. He can use two-handed weapons. ngd has plans to let the barbarian wear two one-handed wapons someday (but not in the short term).

Warlock and Marksman
Each intelligence point (Warlock) and each dexterity point (Marksman) grants them a damage bonus. Which means that the Conjurer and Hunter also increase their damage if they improve these attributes but to a a <remove second "a"> lesser extent.
They only difference each other for the disciplines. <Suggest: They are only different in their disciplines.>