PDA

View Full Version : Question to NGD (OpenGL,ximerin etc..)

melooon
02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
-Will OpenGL Regnum Online support reflective water and atmoshperic effects soon?

-Are we going to obtain some ximerin to test the new contents?

-Is the utghar race will be able to wear hats one day ? or it's prohibited by their religion ? (actually i can understand , my religion prohibits, for example, the 800x600 resolution)

-Are keep/ossuaries/caveaux/tombs/caves in one word as one hundred , are donjeons planned?

Thank you for the future answers. I gotta thank you for this marvellous game, it becomes better and better , and it astonishes me and enchants me day after day , however i'm an old mmo player. it is really a superb work you are doing there , Regnum is a GREAT game , and the best online game available for Linux.
All the players i know which plays from Linux will continue to support you , by premium account.

keep the great work running :)

Znurre
02-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Very nice questions :) I wanna know them too.
And once more, thanks NGD for you great game and your (un official) support for Linux :)

I really hope you implement those effetcs into the opengl engine, cause its sure capable to it! Just look at cube 2.

niclam
02-22-2007, 03:11 AM
Hello,

- OpenGL will be at par with the DirectX version somewhere in the future. When exactly, its uncertain.

- About the ximerin: http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=3582

- Utghar hats: not right now, we will probably have specific content for certain races at one point in the future.

- Dungeons are an idea we wanted to have but due to technical reasons it's not feasible right now. They will be added probably after launch.

- Worry not, we are taking a shortcut with OpenGL and going straight to 1.5/2.0 (that's why to view those effects in full glory you will need Shader Model 3 capable video card), so the problem right now is not a technical one, we just need more time to implement it. Having to maintain a Renderizer for two platforms, is hard enough for a small company such as ourselves.

And about the Linux version, well, this is not a mistery. Unfortunately, the market is big on Windows and small on Linux, so for now the latter will remain (un)officially (un)maintained. But if you linux users keep on coming, we will probably change our minds really fast :).

Regards

Znurre
02-22-2007, 04:06 PM
How nice about the OpenGL ;)
Good luck implementing it!
That will mean nasty effects even for us Linux players, and ofcourse those Windows users that prefers the OpenGL system.

today, i saw 2 horse riders. How could they get horses?!
I asked, but no answer..

icckleblackcat
04-10-2007, 03:22 PM
2 linux users in this household will definately be supporting through premium as it stands right now.

I really hope the linux support continues, (un)official or otherwise :p

as far as the liux user base is concerned, anecdotal evidence suggests its larger than many think... certainly as an IT manager, Microsoft (r) has managed to do what I never could and sold linux into 3 companies in my area in the last month - Vista went down a storm, £1,500 (~$2,750 US) laptops being handed back with demands for something that actually works becoming rather normal :)

The biggest barrier to the linux home desktop I've seen has been games - and companies like yourselves are slowly killing that.

keep up the good work :)

niclam
04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Make no mistake,

The Regnum Online linux maintainer (Surak) is one of the main developers of the game and he doesn't use Windows at all at home, so... at least unnofficially we will continue to have a version for the penguin.

And if numbers add up (which Im sure they will eventually), we will be "pleasantly forced" to support Linux officially.

Regards

NightTwix
04-10-2007, 09:52 PM
im using linux only too.
And i only noticed and tried the game because of the linux support!

Linux users might not be the majority but when u talk to ppl u notice that MANY use linux.
And u gonna draw more ppl to the game when the linux support stays. simply because there arent so many alternatives :superpusso:

no really, i appreciate that there is a linux client