PDA

View Full Version : Server hanging, global lag

plrabun
10-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure this is already being discussed in the spanish forums, but if you could fill us in then that'd be great :)

anyways, the game is lagging severely in all areas that I have been in, especially cities, but I suspect that it is my graphics card lagging.

also, I tried to leave the game and it froze so I had to end it in the task manager, now it's been about 10 minutes and it says my user is still logged in

wondering if the serve needs a reset or if one is planned to fix the problems

plrabun
10-20-2006, 10:29 PM
now it has let me log in, but the lag is still there

ZippoLag
10-20-2006, 10:57 PM
it's because of the amount of logged players..
when it gets to 100 the lag starts..
and if it keeps raising..
well, you know.

niclam
10-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Hello there,

We are in the process of letting both spanish and english speaking users know about what we are working on but sometimes it's somehow difficult.

Anyway, yes, we are well aware of the lag problems (the kind of awareness that doesn't let you sleep at night) and we are working on a mid-term solution that will hopefully bring the lag down drastically.
And when we say mid-term, we are referring to a couple of months.

So far, the current server has been able to handle 130 without too much trouble. There are lag spikes because of bottlenecks in the system that we need to fix.

Regards

quiksup
10-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow. I haven't even finished downloading yet and I am impressed. In about three minutes I've seen more postings by a dev than i have i months on other games. The posts even seem honest with straight forward answers. I hope the devs here never learn the word SOON

niclam
10-21-2006, 01:49 PM
This is kind of odd. We got a surprised look from a lot of international users when we post.

Im guessing, this is (yet) a small community and somehow we manage to answer ourselves. If we get this number range to thousands, we probably won't be doing it anymore. But, we believe in good communication between the team and the users. So even when we stop doing it, the idea will stay the same.

Regards

plrabun
10-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Don't worry when it gets to thousand of users, just make a forum just for those oh-so-special beta testers that you would miss so much :naughty: