Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
Frosk
Banned

Frosk will become famous soon enough
Default RNG update at Amun!

We're very happy to let you know that we now have a first testeable version at Amun, available for everyone!

This server will be opening today, between 9 and 10 pm GMT. Stay tuned, and any kind of feedback you may want to share, please post it in this thread.

Keep in mind that this is just a work in progress, and NOT a final version.

----

In the game version available at Amun, you'll find a series of changes related to, as the title suggests, RNG. This means Random Number Generator, and it's basically a generator of random numbers that defines whenever a power must be resisted or not, or whether or not an attack must be evaded/blocked.

You'll notice, when in combat, a very pronounced difference regarding this system, that aims to make combat as free from luck factors as possible, rewarding the witty user that better administrates and uses his/her abilities. This will be fully achieved when we modify powers in all classes so they can both enhance and counter this new probabilities.
Although factors such as resistance and evades will still be present in a pure random way, they will NOT do so with the frequency you're all acustomed to and frustrate most players.
In this version you'll see that these results will mostly be obtained by using powers, with both the ones that grant absolute resistance/evade/block, and those that porcentually boost up your resistance/evade/block chances.

Due to the nature of this changes, and as we mentioned before by saying that this is a work in progress, the balance between subclasses has been affected, which is why adjustments will be necessary. We're counting on your feedback on this when you start playing pvps and group battles!

You'll also notice that, as Evasion chances are now porcentual (as block and spell resistance now do), the "Hit Chance" attribute does NOT longer exists. There is now a new attribute named "Critical Damage", that allows the user to enhance the damage dealt when landing a Critical hit, whether by equipping items with this modifier, or by buffing up with powers.

Remember that this is a work in progress, and there's still a few things to include that go from power adjustments all the way to giving more info at the character sheet.

We're looking forward to read your feedback!

Best Regards!

---

Current changelog (11/05):

Gameplay - System:
- Modified: Realm walls can be recaptured (only by the defending realm).
- Modified: Hit Chance removed, replaced with Critical Chance, which raises the chance shown in the Character Sheet.
- New: Statistical RNG system for combat. Indicated chances now should be accurate both in the short and long run.
- New: When you're attempting an Invasion (vulnerated a realm) and you die in its Realm Wall Door zone, you can choose to respawn in any of its Forts or Castle that you still have captured.
- Fixed: Realm Gem interactions were not being properly accounted, causing player to interact more than once.
- Modified: Companions are no longer selectable. This is to avoid accidental clicks during battle.
- Fixed: Player automatic disconnection when not moving was avoided by rotation.
- Fixed: Falling damage was interrupted when changing character or exiting the game, allowing to avoid it.
- Fixed: Multirealming detection for quest objectives (noble) and Invasions rewards.
- Modified: Wall Trapdoors can be used by invaders to get out of the realm when the vulneration/invasion ends.

- Modified: Each fort has its own camp to be used for resurrections when vulnerating a Realm. Fort camps are approximately at 2:45 from the Wall and 1:15 from the Fort. Castle camps are at 2:00 from the Wall, making them more strategic to have captured.
  • Aggersborg: x:2371 z:2589
  • Trelleborg: x:1371 z:2808
  • Imperia: x:2176 z:2019
  • Samal: x:3402 z:2400
  • Menirah: x:3565 z:1464
  • Shaanarid: x:4274 z:2521
  • Herbred: x:2933 z:3577
  • Algaros: x:2038 z:3375
  • Eferias: x:2935 z:4065

Note: Camps still have no visual props or modified terrain. As soon as their location is confirmed we will do it.

- New: Reward System. Allows to get a reward for holding, recovering, invading or avoiding invasions.

When a fort is captured, a counter will appear. When the counter finishes, a reward is given. It can be gold from the Chest of the fort and/or Warmaster Coins.

There is a maximum amount to be received per player. For example, if a fort gives 15000 Warmaster Coins with a max of 400, and there are only 10 allies around, everyone will get 400. If there is 50 allies, everyone will get 300.

If you see the counter, you will get the reward. The counter can disappear for inactivity of the player or for being far from the building (specifically, the flag).

If the Relic Counter starts and that counter is lower than the Reward Counter, this last one will cut time to equal the Relic Timer, in order to avoid having to wait for the Reward.

Gameplay - Skills:
- Fixed: Retaliation now reflects spell damage.
- Fixed: Retaliation doesn't wear off with unsuccessful hits.
- Fixed: Avoiding "Relic Intensity" when picking up a Relic with "Dismount" active.

Warrior:
- Martial Reflexes: Critical Chance changed to 100%/135%/170%/225%/300%. Duration changed to 40/50/60/70/100.
- Rigorous Preparation: Opponent Critical Chance changed to: -15%/-20%/-25%/-30%/-40%. Opponent Miss Chance changed to Evasion Chance: 25%/40%/55%/70%/100%. Cooldown changed to 90 seconds.

Knight:
- Precise Block: Mana cost updated to 90/110/140/170/200. Cooldown changed to 45 sec.
- Challenge: Opponent Hit Chance changed to Opponent Spell Resistance -25%/-40%/-55%/-70%/-100%. Added Opponent Concentration -10%/-15%/-20%/-25%/-30% Duration changed to 5/5/10/10/15.

Barbarian:
- Threat: Miss Chance changed to Opponent Evasion Chance: 20%/30%/40%/60%/80%.
- Challenging Roar: Hit Chance changed to Casting Speed: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%. In level 5 adds Spell Resistance 50%. Duration changed to 40 seconds. Cooldown changed to 120 seconds.
- Sprint: Movement Speed changed to: 15%/20%/25%/30%/35%. Added Range Received Damage: -30%/-30%/-30%/-60%/-60%. Mana cost changed to 100/120/140/160/180. Cooldown changed to 40 seconds.

Archer:
- Rapid Shot: Hit Chance changed to Critical Chance: -50%.
- Duelist: Hit Chance changed to Critical Chance.
- Hinder: Opponent Hit Chance changed to Opponent Damage Bonus: -2%/-4%/-6%/-8%/-10%.
- Finesse: Opponent Hit Chance changed to Opponent Critical Chance: -10%/-25%/-40%/-60%/-90%. Duration changed to: 10/15/20/25/30.
- Dodge: Evasion Chance changed to 30/35/40/60/90.
- Evasive Tactics: Hit Chance changed to Damage Bonus: -2%/-4%/-6%/-7%/-8%.
- Cat Reflexes: Evade Chance changed to: 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%.
- Spell Elude: Spell Resistance changed to: 20%/50%/90%/140%/200%.
- Escapist: Cooldown raised to 75 seconds.
- Eagle's Eyes: Hit Chance changed to Opponent Evade Chance: -10%/-15%/-20%/-25%/-35%.
- Point Shot: Hit Chance changed to: 130%/140%/150%/160%/180%. Added Attack Range: -30%/-25%/-20%/-10%/-0%.
- Retaliation: Cooldown changed to 30 seconds. Mana cost changed to 120/140/160/180/200.

Marksman:
- Focus: Spell Focus changed to Opponent Spell Resistance -25%/-30%/-35%/-40%/-50%.
- Killer Instinct: Hit Chance changed to Opponent Evasion Chance: -100%. Added Attack Range +15%. Can only be casted in Fort Wall Walks and high zones of Castles.
- Hawk's Gaze: Hit Chance changed to Opponent Evade Chance: -10%/-20%/-30%/-40%/-50%.
- Trained Eye: Hit Chance changed to Critical Chance: 10%/30%/50%/70%/100%.
- Finger Crush: Hit Chance changed to Attack Speed.

Mage:
- Protection Dome: Spell Resist Chance changed to Absolute Spell Resist Chance: 3%/6%/10%/16%/25%. Duration changed to: 20.
- Curse: Opponent Hit Chance changed to Opponent Critical Chance: -10%/-15%/-20%/-25%/-30%. Opponent Spell Focus changed to Opponent Damage Bonus: -2%/-4%/-6%/-7%/-8%.
- Blindness: Miss Chance changed to Opponent Evasion Chance: 50%. Duration changed to 10/15/20/25/30 seconds.
- Bless: Hit Chance and Spell Focus changed to Casting Speed and Attack Speed: 5%/5%/7%/7%/10%. Duration changed to 30/60/90/120/150 seconds. Cooldown changed to 15 seconds.

Warlock:
- Petrify Hands: Hit Chance changed to Critical Chance.
- Sadistic Guards: Spell Resistance changed to -30%/-40%/-50%/-70%/-100%. Duration changed to 60/55/45/35/30 seconds. Mana cost changed to 140/155/160/175/190.

Conjurer:
- Resurrect: Removed Hit Chance.
- Shifting Silhouette: Opponent Miss Chance changed to Evade Chance: 15%/30%/45%/60%/100%. At level 5, gives -10% Ranged Received Damage and +10% Melee Received Damage. Cooldown changed to 80 seconds. Cast on self only. Mana cost changed to 220/260/300/340/380.

Interface:
- Added: Character Sheet now allows to expand attributes to see: Spell Resistance, Health and Mana Regeneration, Movement Speed, Combat Range and Casting Speed Bonus.
- Added: Skill status of "Only blockable / resistable at 100%". This already existed for several skills but was not being mentioned in the tooltip.
- Added: When damage is reflected, now it's shown in the Combat Log after the spell or hit damage as "Reflected [X damage]" or "R[X]" if shortened combat log option is on.
- Modified: World Map height raised for it to show all forts and castles in default centered view.

Client - Sounds:
- Fixed: Ambient sounds sometimes were not being removed. Also, "Desert Wind" sound adjusted to something more tolerable.

Minor Fixes/Tweaks

Gameplay - System:
- Added: Experience reward for players with level lower than 60 when holding/recovering a fort/castle or defending a realm wall. Initially (not final numbers) the reward is handed this way:
Fort: 100 exp base.
Castle: 150 exp base.
Realm Wall: 200 exp base.

Levels from 1 to 19:
Base x 0.5 x Level (IE: A level 15 would get for defending a realm wall 200 x 0.5 x 15 = 1500 exp)
Levels from 20 to 39:
Base x 0.75 x Level (IE: A level 30 would get for holding a castle 150 x 0.75 x 30 = 3375 exp)
Levels from 40 to 59:
Base x Level (IE: A level 50 would get for holding a fort 100 x 50 = 5000 exp)

Last edited by Frosk; 05-12-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added changelog
Frosk no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-07-2015, 04:15 AM   #2
Vyrann
Pledge

Vyrann is on a distinguished road

Most things appear to be pretty good in the update. However, there are a few problems..

1) Stacking critical damage gear and spells can result in some ridiculous crit damage, for example, i made a new marksman and used the code to get to level 60 (so it had no amulet and rings) and managed to get around 1050ish as crit damage. Obviously this is quite concerning in regards to people with dragon amulets and boss jewelery, it could probably get to something as ridiculous as 1500 critical damage or even more. (perhaps adding -Critical damage to boss jewelery is a good solution? Just throwing that out there)

2) Since evasion is shown as a percentage now, I got to see how much feline reflexes (+15% Evasion passive) actually effects evade chance, the answer is not much at all. Instead of giving +15% Evasion chance, it takes 15% of the current evasion chance you have and adds it onto the end. So if you have 5% evasion chance, getting feline reflexes only increases it to 5.75%, definetly not worth getting, and is a useless spell.

That's all I have for now, I will reply again if I find anything else. Rest of the update is looking good so far
Old 04-07-2015, 06:26 AM   #3
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Nice. It looks promising.

Please, take a look at crit dmg boss rings.

rol vs. ring of earth (critical damage)
http://imgur.com/a/RQ2jn

Should be at least +34 crit damage instead of +34% crit damage imo atm this ring is still useless (same with desert one).

You need to do tests with a full set of dmg jewelry... and please make concentration attribute useful.

<EDIT> Finesse (Tricks) Target hit chance -10%

Last edited by Sentan; 04-07-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-07-2015, 06:40 AM   #4
LawZ
Initiate

LawZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
Nice. It looks promising.

I am very worried for the change from Hit Chance to Critical Damage. Many spells have been changed, looking op now. Items, like rings, gauntlets and arrows, have been changed to more op now too. +hit_chance gems have also changed to +critical_damage.

I logged in for just 5 mins to mess up with it a bit. If I think of it more, I ll exploit the system even more. You can readily build a Critical_Damage_Setup having a damage like the above one and a critical chance of 40% (20s/45s) with Point Shot on.

I am afraid game (or at least the jeweled marksman aspect of the game) became even more unbalanced with this change. It is a Critical_Damage_Fest now. In my opinion, it needs further adjustment.

Considering the RGN, it looks more robust now. Good job on that NGD

Last edited by LawZ; 04-07-2015 at 07:05 AM.
LawZ no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #5
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sskd...ature=youtu.be

I made new character, marksman.
900+ crits with this crazy setup (no armors, no ring, no amu).

<EDIT> Hunter: https://youtu.be/QqIY2OxgZ8A

Last edited by Sentan; 04-07-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #6
Telwe
Initiate

Telwe is on a distinguished road

Don't make the crit bonus too op :/ I am also worried.

I am also disappointed you have decided to review rng and not boss jewellery.
Telwe no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #7
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
NOTE: For all those users whose characters are not copied in Amun: Redeem the key "testinsta60" to receive a lvl 60 scroll and lucky boxes for your lvl 1 character.
Keep in mind that this code can only be used ONCE per account. Choose wisely which character you redeem the code with!
I cant even see Amun in the server list anymore, its been like that for a very long time.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofmeat View Post
I cant even see Amun in the server list anymore, its been like that for a very long time.
Did you enable it in the launcher advanced options?

I think they hide it because some new players started there even though it says "experimental"
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #9
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
Did you enable it in the launcher advanced options?

I think they hide it because some new players started there even though it says "experimental"
No, I just checked for it under options, advanced options look to me like it would only be used for graphical adjustments having the auto detect button on its left side.

Maybe its just me, but a job well done trying to hide it.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #10
Ivramartono
Pledge

Ivramartono is on a distinguished road

inb4 deleted post cuz of verbal abuse.

some of the areas are resisted very often and i think that is very zerg friendly.
and another advice for you: just remove resists and re-balance spells. Resists are most frustrating of all and shouldnt be in the game. Actually i didnt feel any difference on amun regarding resists.

Best,
Ivramartono no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread