General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #241
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by anukai View Post
I though amulets/rings will for a new coins that are more about war and not invasion system.
Anyhow with all that dmg boost (war confidence & Mohere & jewelry...) did you analyze marks dmg ? staying inside fort to spam 1k-2k won't be funny.
This is not about damage. This is about giving confidence to the underdog. It is not permanent, it is not in all the map. I'm open for criticism, but please give it a thought before stating an opinion.

If it's about an alsirian (current "zerg") complaining about having a rough time with an enemy now, please, let's stop it here.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #242
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
This is not about damage. This is about giving confidence to the underdog. It is not permanent, it is not in all the map. I'm open for criticism, but please give it a thought before stating an opinion.

If it's about an alsirian (current "zerg") complaining about having a rough time with an enemy now, please, let's stop it here.
This is an assumption due to the result of Alsius' day actions of invading empty realms. He doesn't mean that I think. He means the European peak times of 4-5 hours when Syrtis has many online, at times close to 40 or more and they go to farm Trelle with war confidence and areas. During that time period, Alsius has very few online, but some do log in if it results in defending an invasion or something like that. But it's very easy to overwhelm Alsius with an upgraded fort and spamming areas(which they do). Also, a "zerg" is pointless without a proper support lineup, so no matter how many you have, if you are not getting healed or aura'd, you are pretty much dead whoever you are.

Personally, I'm not complaining about anything, give them 20 or 50, I will kill them. As long as war keeps happening and there is fun, I'm all in for anything to improve the morale and will to fight. I do hope though this server gets a lot of players and activity gets a super boost.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-18-2015, 03:51 PM   #243
Robasiewicz
Apprentice

Robasiewicz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm open for criticism, but please give it a thought before stating an opinion.
So, I've been thinking.
It was previously stated that areas around forts will be larger, yes?
The worst thing about getting WM quest kills were those failry small zones.
If you were defending a captured fort, you didn't get a reward during a rush.
If you were trying to recapture a fort, you often didn't get a quest kill because you were rushed and even with killing some foes, it was done way too far away.

I know that a boundry has to be made where fort kills end and I think you guys have a reasonable idea about where should that be.

Now that fort kills will be somewhat easier, why not "boost" quest rewards a bit?
AFAIK there were no complaints about zergs abusing quest system, it seems to be working pretty well.
It doesn't seem to grant infinite WMC for endless farming too.
Why not build on that?
Robasiewicz no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #244
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loque View Post
That's why 'War Confidence' should be more dynamic, based on online 55lvl+ players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robasiewicz View Post
The worst thing about getting WM quest kills were those failry small zones.
If you were defending a captured fort, you didn't get a reward during a rush.
If you were trying to recapture a fort, you often didn't get a quest kill because you were rushed and even with killing some foes, it was done way too far away.
Yeah, it's terribly annoying >.>
Old 08-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #245
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
That's why 'War Confidence' should be more dynamic, based on online 55lvl+ players.
Something like this was done before, resulted in players logging out purposefully to get the advantage, I heard..

But it seems to be a better idea as population can change drastically over different timezones.
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-18-2015, 05:20 PM   #246
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To be honest, this is the first post (that I've seen at least)
where you've actually acknowledged the problem. In my book the importance of this cannot be overstated, you've just brought at least a few weeks more patience from me!

I kind of like being one of the underdog realms - when you're numbers are so few your actions carry more wait. The only concerns I have are the possibility of becoming an underdog in a 1 v 1 (due to jewellery) and quelling the tide of players leaving the underpopulated realms. I still think you might do well to put off the war master jewelery for the immediate future, until you're confident one realm isn't going to benifit to highly - but I guess if RA isn't in the same situation it wouldn't be fair to those players (I don't think running to versions would help Haven eother).
Old 08-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #247
godismyjudge
Initiate

godismyjudge is on a distinguished road

[suggestion] With addition of new jewellery, both for gold and WMC, new players, players who don't read changelogs, etc. may not even know about them or may not know where they are sold. I suggest to add two simple quests (level 55 one and one lvl60 WM) to the main city (as players come there for warmaster quests regularly). These quests should lead the player to secondary fort market (for gold jewels) and castle (WM jewels), with some information. For level 55 one, some exp+gold as a reward, for level 60 one some symbolic amount of WMC (say 100).

Edit: there should also be a simple quest for level 15 players to introduce them realm task board, how it works, why is it there. Some players don't even know it is there!
godismyjudge no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #248
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by godismyjudge View Post
[suggestion] With addition of new jewellery, both for gold and WMC, new players, players who don't read changelogs, etc. may not even know about them or may not know where they are sold. I suggest to add two simple quests (level 55 one and one lvl60 WM) to the main city (as players come there for warmaster quests regularly). These quests should lead the player to secondary fort market (for gold jewels) and castle (WM jewels), with some information. For level 55 one, some exp+gold as a reward, for level 60 one some symbolic amount of WMC (say 100).
We will handle things like these in the next stage.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #249
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Seing how many items will be possible to buy with WMC i see RP's as even more useless. Can we get RP's converted to WMC and then removed from game.

This will have several advantages:
- player rankings will be by wmc and will be more dynamic.
- there will be only 1 type of points given for war.
- players will benefit from this conversion.
- it will be easier to achieve war master status.
- it can be added possibility to trade other items for wmc too in auction house and so on.

Etc etc etc. Making only one war earned currency will make thing more homogenous and nice. Keeping RP only for the rankings is plain stupid and useless.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:33 PM   #250
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
Keeping RP only for the rankings is plain stupid and useless.
this is your opinion. Other people like me would like to see rp kept ingame, for it gives credit to older players. Cool statistics like this one would not be possible if rlmpoints were removed.
(totally not advertising for www.cor-forum.de)
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread