Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Do think players using pets to assist others is a bug?
yes - it's not fair 10 11.49%
no - it's an option in the pet menu 77 88.51%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #31
_Seinvan
Initiate

_Seinvan is on a distinguished road

You're correct. However a pet is not a buff. And even if a Conjurer buffs another player, the Conjurer will receive exp for it. He is damaging the monster through another player. (and the group grinding system w/ buffs/summons needs a drastic change imo, but I'll save that for another thread) A hunter does not receive exp for "buffing" another player with his pet, and that is what is wrong.

If you want to help another player level that is fine, but do it through GRP bonus and actually helping them, not lending them your pet for hours on end. I don't see any problems with granting GRP exp for lending a pet to another player, so maybe you could explain why you're against it?
_Seinvan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #32
Llyssaer
Apprentice

Llyssaer is on a distinguished road

In realm chat the other day a player, level 5, was asking for someone to please 'loan' a pet or summon so he could get to level 10 quickly. He just didn't want to have to deal with those first levels. Several of us suggested just do the quests. Those first levels are a cakewalk.

But no. He didn't want to do the quests. He liked the action after level 10. So he just wanted someone go quickly get him up to 10. To me, that's just lazy playing. The more I read of him, the less I wanted to help, and I sure did not want him in the wz with me. I want people fighting with me who take the time to learn their class. I want people fighting with me who are willing to commit to leveling as a process, not as a tollbooth to race through. And I want people fighting with me who do not ask me to intentionally use a bug or otherwise break TOS. I like my account, thanks.

I, too, chose option B. Of course I did. There's no bug involved by assigning my golem to aid another player. I don't hesitate to help someone at a boss fight or pendant holder or to kill quest mobs some levels higher than the player him or herself. I however do NOT agree in using a bug to make the golem last longer than his four minutes. I don't agree with using ANY bug. Why play the game just to cheat to win it? What possible good does that do for anyone? How can a person feel proud over it?

So yes, use the pet or summon to help someone, by all means. Just do it within TOS, avoid using bugs, and feel good about supporting the people being helped.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #33
Vaylos
Banned

Vaylos is on a distinguished road

Well said, both Sylvae and Seinvan. That's the way I see it at least.
Vaylos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #34
ice_zero_cool
Master

ice_zero_cool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvaeBlackwood View Post
So yes, use the pet or summon to help someone, by all means. Just do it within TOS, avoid using bugs, and feel good about supporting the people being helped.
Isnt that the same? I dont think it would matter to ngd if you used ur golem to help one kill his quest mobs or actually grind them.

You put your golem to assist someone and pulled another person.

thats the same as the thing that you call bugusing, you just described it in a nicer way.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #35
TomLukman
Pledge

TomLukman is on a distinguished road

I have to admit I was tempted to try this with my hunter, and the other day someone asked me to reset my conjuer and help them with a golem. I don't think there's anything wrong in doing this since this powerleveling only works on low level characters who can quickly level up using quests and only minor grinding. Such players usually don't use boosters so NGD doesn't loose much with this.

The reason why I don't like the idea of doing this is pure psychology. The more time the player invests to level up his character, the more he'll value his character and the results - more likely he'll keep playing. If the person is likely to quit due to boredom (hates grinding and other reasons mentioned earlier) they are going to do it sooner or later. Power-leveling such players is nothing but a complete waste of my time since they will quit as soon as they get to a higher level and realize how much work is required to level up to 60.

I'm a good proof of this theory myself. People sometimes call me crazy when they see me grind - but I really don't like grindin. Hate it. But I've invested so much in my characters that I can't see them stuck at lvl. 50 - even if it kills me. You won't get such commitment from someone who only took pleasure in abusing holes in the system to get to 25 in an hour.
TomLukman no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #36
Dubhghaill
Pledge

Dubhghaill is on a distinguished road

I found that if i lent my golem to someone, the loyal little bugger would run back to me once the person gets out of range with him.

I don't condone power levelling, i think everyone should play through the quest story lines and do as everyone else has done. It is a team based game however (Not many people killed a pendant holder solo when they needed to without a high level pwning it for you) If the person already has high level toons and doesn't want to waste more time getting his new toon up to scratch I suppose it wouldn't be so bad for a clan mate to help them out with a borrowed pet/summon.

Even if you do help power level someone you need to be standing there with them.
Dubhghaill no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #37
animalartist
Initiate

animalartist is on a distinguished road

Is there any difference using conju summon and using thier hp / mana to grind faster?
If i used a pet on the hunter i'd prob lend it out during the boring times too.

Who cares as long as your realm gets more players?
animalartist no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #38
doombird
Pledge

doombird is an unknown quantity at this point

To be completely honest, if I had the option to be power leveled to level 50 I'd take it. The only reason I'm into regnum is the pvp/rvr aspect. I hate grinding, and am not too fond of quests. I do not enjoy those parts of the game, but too me the real reward is fighting other realms in the wz. If you can give a begginer player a powerlevel jump into seeing their first rvr action, they may be more likely to stay. And they can still look forward to hours of grinding their way to top level.
doombird no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote