Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
collimic29
Pledge

collimic29 is on a distinguished road
Default ATI Video Issues

I am having video issues in the game today and I am not sure how to fix them.
I have a Pheonem 9600 QC with 8gig of ram and 2 ATI HD 3870s in crossfire mode. Today when I log in my video is all jacked up. You will have to look at a screen shot to know what I am talking about.

The ATI driver I am using is 11.12 Cap3

I can play the game in openGL mode with 14FPS or in safe mode but not in Direct3D mode. If I start the game in windowed mode it will play but very slowly.

Also it is claimed to be a CrossFire game but it never seams to use my second card or enable the crossfire logo like other games do.

Any help would be great

Here is the screenshot of what I am seeing.

collimic29 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Narzoul
Apprentice

Narzoul is on a distinguished road

Yes, this seems to be a CrossFire issue. I had the same problem almost a year ago with my HD4870x2, which was later fixed by 11.5 CAP1. I don't know what caused it to break again.

Playing in windowed mode helps because it doesn't support CrossFire. There used to be an alternative way of disabling CrossFire by disabling Catalyst A.I. in CCC, but it seems that AMD in their unearthly wisdom chose to remove this option from CCC...

While you may find some registry- and file-editing tweaks to disable it still, it may be easier to use a third party tool such as RadeonPro to do this. (Use at your own risk!)
Once installation and the initial setup is done, open the application window, click on the "Add new profile" icon at the top of the window, select ROLauncher.exe, click on the Tweaks tab and move the MVPUMode slider to its one-quarter setting (Turn off CrossfireX). Just close the window, changes are applied automatically. Keep in mind RadeonPro has to run in the background for custom application settings to be applied.

It seems like the upcoming Catalyst 12.1 release will have customizable application profiles which will even allow you to tweak some CrossFire settings, so it may become possible to run the game without disabling CrossFire entirely. Until then, this is the only solution I found. Perhaps you could contact AMD support and ask them nicely to fix their application profile for Regnum Online...
Narzoul no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
DINAMIK
Count

DINAMIK is on a distinguished road

may you have to consider, select a previous version of catalyst.
it 's very common in ATI software. it sucks
they only develop for new series (5, 6 and 7 ) and all the previous hardware is not considered.
just my point of view.

PD: maybe they need to change the slogan:
AMD: the future is regresion
DINAMIK no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
Cuchulainn
Master

Cuchulainn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by collimic29 View Post
I am having video issues in the game today and I am not sure how to fix them.
I have a Pheonem 9600 QC with 8gig of ram and 2 ATI HD 3870s in crossfire mode. Today when I log in my video is all jacked up. You will have to look at a screen shot to know what I am talking about.

The ATI driver I am using is 11.12 Cap3
[...]
Are you sure you installed the correct driver? In the Radeon HD 3xxx series, were cards with AGP sockets still pretty common. Maybe you have AGP cards and installed the normal Catalyst 11.12 driver instead of this one?

On my IGP Radeon HD 3200 I got about 25+ fps in fixed shader mode and OpenGL renderer, when I still played regnum (atm I don't play).

Quote:
they only develop for new series (5, 6 and 7 ) and all the previous hardware is not considered.
My Radeon HD 3200 still works fine. Maybe he just installed a wrong driver. And if not he could just replace these two power hungry ATI cards with a much more efficient AMD card in countries were electric energy costs something it would make sense anyways (at least if he uses this computer often).
Cuchulainn no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Narzoul
Apprentice

Narzoul is on a distinguished road

Well, Catalyst 12.1 is out, so here's an alternative solution with it:

Open Catalyst Control Center, click Preferences and switch to Advanced View. From the left-side menu select Gaming -> 3D Application Settings. Set up your graphics settings as you wish. At the bottom of the page change the CrossFireX Mode setting to "Use AMD Pre-defined Profile". Select "ROClientGameEx.exe" from the list that pops up below. Now scroll back to the top of the page, select <<New Application>> under Application Profiles and click on the Save button. Choose ROClientGame.exe from the LiveServer directory of your Regnum install.

That should do it (works for me). Although the option to disable Catalyst A.I. has been added back, it shouldn't be necessary anymore. Now we also know why the driver support broke for Regnum: it was using ROClientGameEx.exe, which the game no longer seems to use (at least in my case).

EDIT: I've contacted AMD tech support about this, hopefully they'll add a permanent profile for ROClientGame.exe in a future CAP/driver release.

Last edited by Narzoul; 01-27-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Narzoul no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote