Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Gnupis
Pledge

Gnupis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hunter help

I'm a lvl51 hunter but I have been playing for longer than two years without counting a break when I quit. I never had a way to buy xim so lvling was always hideous, after 50 even more so. I figured that some day, long long time from now I'd get to 60. Maybe when the update that will set the cap to 70 comes out :P

The reason i'm asking for help though is not lvling its pvp and rvr. I'm on horus and to make things worse in Alsius too. My damage has been better, these days I find it hard to find someone weaker than me at my lvl. What I want to make clear is I am no noob, back in the day I was decent in pvp (used to have a better bow too) and even some good damage in rvr. I still participate at fort battles, most of the time I camo and cc enemies as my main activity but that's as far as it goes for me. I can't even kill an isolated conjurer on my own.

I have returned to the game quite recently and I find it harder than before. So instead of ragequitting again I decided to ask for help here from anyone that may have good advice. I know there are hunters much older than me around and more experienced. And if any advice is good enough for me i guess it'll be good for any newb hunter too :P

-Gnupis
Gnupis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Can only advice grindin to at least 56ish.
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Freeverse
Initiate

Freeverse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle187 View Post
I'm a lvl51 hunter [...] My damage has been better, these days I find it hard to find someone weaker than me at my lvl.
There always is someone weaker.

1) Try to train at the arena with other hunters or even other classes at your lvl. I noticed, that not many people use the arena, and it's really a very good way to get some practice and to learn how to avoid tricks other classes use.

2) Don't be frustrated when you die. I realized, that i'm much better since i don't care if i will die or not. I just give it a try, the worst thing that can happen is death, and death is not the end.

3) Don't attack barbs. Just kidding ... no, wait, not kidding. Maybe it's just my bad luck, but 9 of 10 times i die from barbs. 170-230 normals on buffed barbs. 900-2300 normals from a barb on buffed me. No further comments :/
Freeverse no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
SilverHaven
Initiate

SilverHaven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeverse View Post
3) Don't attack barbs. Just kidding ... no, wait, not kidding. Maybe it's just my bad luck, but 9 of 10 times i die from barbs. 170-230 normals on buffed barbs. 900-2300 normals from a barb on buffed me. No further comments :/
You must have very nice gear since my damage on buffed barb is 10-40 all the time, 150-200 with coldblood and maybe 400 ensnare with cold blood if lucky (level 53 hunter, store-bought range30/medium sb)
SilverHaven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Immune
Master

Immune is on a distinguished road

Hey Gnupis, I remember you ^^

I don't play horus anymore, but I have still been playing hunter on other servers. Two questions, do you play with or without pet? (I play with). And do you prefer short or long bows? (I like short)

In either case, I can tell you to get sudden strike higher than level 1. Many will disagree; but with hunter's base damage, armor really just shuts you down. I use it at level 5, and I have to say it is very nice being able to have it as duration = cooldown. I don't expect you to have the points to get it this high at your level, but try like lvl 3 maybe. 20 seconds is often not long enough to kill someone, especially if they're buffed.

Use your powers in combination... sudden strike + rapid shot + dirty fighting + cold blood for example will do a load of damage. Assuming you haven't tried this already. Use beastial wrath on a pet against a target hit with sudden strike and the pet can do 3 or 400 normals. Add death sentence, you'll find it hard to believe pets can do 5 or 600 crits. (Probs lower with your level pet).

Also with leveling, I know it is a pain, but you should really aim for 56 at the least; that is when you can start using the highest tier bows (ancients). The damage difference isn't huge from other bows, but it helps.

Other than this I'm not sure what else to tell you for general killing. There are different ways to approach every class and situation. Experiment a little. Is there anything specifically you'd like to know more about?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Freeverse
Initiate

Freeverse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroslav View Post
You must have very nice gear since my damage on buffed barb is 10-40 all the time, 150-200 with coldblood and maybe 400 ensnare with cold blood if lucky (level 53 hunter, store-bought range30/medium sb)
I use an ancient long bow with basic damage 85-120 (+27), +5 lightning dmg, +13 fire dmg.
10-40 i do on knights; the damage on barbs is not that bad, but it could be better.
Even cool blood is not very useful when they do 2-3 2k's in a row through acrobatics(5) and evasive tactics(5) on you. A little riddle: Look on the ss below and guess, how many seconds did the barb need to kill me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot 2012-04-02 10_13_16b.JPG (9.3 KB, 36 views)
Freeverse no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
Gnupis
Pledge

Gnupis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Immune!

I usually prefer having a pet, both for grinding and the damage addition though I haven't found any good beast at lvl51 and monsters are big and slow in practice. As for bows I usually have short but I used to have a pretty sweet lb once. I prefer what does the best dmg :P

I'm definitely going to try sudden strike (5). I always thought 20sec would be enough but its truth they are not. As for the other combo you mentioned I use it without dirty fighting... I guess i'm afraid having that short range for the time it lasts but maybe its not so bad now that ambush needs you at range 10.
And yeah, i'll try the death sentence trick, i'd never thought of that

Wish me luck for lvl56 and thanks for the advice, its what i wan aiming for when i opened this thread
Gnupis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeverse View Post
I use an ancient long bow with basic damage 85-120 (+27), +5 lightning dmg, +13 fire dmg.
10-40 i do on knights; the damage on barbs is not that bad, but it could be better.
Even cool blood is not very useful when they do 2-3 2k's in a row through acrobatics(5) and evasive tactics(5) on you. A little riddle: Look on the ss below and guess, how many seconds did the barb need to kill me
Just tip for you: learn2kite.
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
Archefiend
Pledge

Archefiend is on a distinguished road

Try to get lvl 60 too sometime. Its the time when you can equip epic gear and stuff. And you need that for wm too, but thats another(sad) story.
About sudden strike- I have enough with lvl3, dunno about others. Sb is definetly yes for a hunter, because most skills you will use are 25 range anyway. If you love lb much, well take sb, just in case.Or be a marx.
Also, for those who skill rap shot at 5, Its no use. You simply cant use all the time of it because:
1) Enemy tries to run away(sb crappy range, doh)
2) You kill him faster than it ends

I like using pet and for those who do, her's dirty trick-
use distract shot (5) and use skill revive pet. You will have enough time to debuff someone or buff yourself, and your pet will be in range to. If you don't like my suggestion, fear range. All classes, except knights on defensive stance and conjurers(depends on conjurer), can kill your pet in matter of seconds. Heal pet have too long cd and cast time to save it... It may sound stupid but try to make the attraction on yourself( and try to def buff yourself as much as you can) while bringing your pet in range.(Editors note- pets are cool for killing treehugers!)
Oh and use freeverses advice on arena. Get yourself some ppl to train whit you.

As for your crappy defense- use SOTW and escapist combo, if it fails- sanctuary. If you want to save some pps, use acrobatics and evasive tactics.
If your power managing allows it, have rep shot, or the last skill of lb(cant remember its name ). It may work as good finisher(vs warrior classes) or kill groups who sit near conj waiting for heals!(Dont forget cb before casting it!)

I think that about camo/stalker I don't need to talk, neither do I need to mention ensnare. Oh I almost forgot! Retaliation. A good timed retaliate can save your ass (you receive only 10% of dmg after all! Devastating on south cross etc. ) or kill your oponent.

I hope it helps. Have fun and dont kill me on my grind, I'm stupid enough to not skill tracking(again!)
Archefiend no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

heya gnupis I think you've seen me fail at my hunt already lol

anyway, i do know that hunters are a crazy class..
but now that we will be able to camo pets i would advise using them for the damage.

As you can hear and most likely seen, our damage output is worse than low
this weekend i actually had 12 normals on a lv 60hunter
(yes that felt soo good.... NOT ) but my pet still did 100-200 hits

The only problem is for other people to select the enemy, thats why i usually
let my pet stay out of fort fights or attack the guards

as said before.. sudden strike, i got it on 4 now, im short on dp and pp coz of pet tree...
but i think you will go for avarage hunter out there, you're not doing as bad as you think

gl with finding a strategie you will like