General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #61
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
I kind of disagree.
I think marks needs to be able to withstand ranged attacks very well, weaker defense should apply to closer ranges and melee damage but not at all to high range attacks.
With less ranged defense you would make marks counter marks really hard, wouldnt it cripple the current role of ranged single target pressure?
Idea behind this suggestion is to "weak" a bit marksman's defence comparing to other archers (hunters). Since marksman has as its tools range and damage, he doesnt need much armor then but at least one defense spell accessible. Strategic position will protect marks from range attacks as he is primary ranged unit too, while in the same time hunter will have more defensive spells in return (by moving Acrobatics but if he has pet). As marksman should keep enemy on distance, he can use Evasive tactics when rushing enemy is not really stoppable, to have at least some small melee defense till he pulls up and rebuild distance. I think then marksman's play would be a bit trickier, more funny or just a little less boring than now. I could be wrong.

I didnt look from that angle like you did, I looked more like comparison hunter-knight, marksman-barb. Barb has less armor than knight but has more damage, like marksman has over hunter. I think it wouldnt impact on marksman's possibility to still keep ranged pressure as he will have access to range defense. His only downside would be if his target reaches him, which is IMO how it should be. Range is his power. I know beacons make things even harder but if we ignore them just for a moment, we *might* be able to come up with some neat suggestions. Correct me Enio in case I misunderstood you. In one hand your quote above indeed sound somewhat right to me at first.

Rising_Cold: the only problem with stalker is that if YOU as a hunter want to pick a team to stalker with, you need to separate from the main group so stalker will apply on desired players. If youjust stalker in group, random people will be affected. I had here more of idea that stalker is pretty good for small teamwork, just hunter still doesnt have full control over it. As for the Strategic, I kinda agree it should stay marksman's spell but move Acrobatics then to hunters only. I wish classes had only common trees their weapon trees and nothing else.

Quin: yes, I meant passives for all classes.
In D'n'D (some might laugh for pulling this game) I played ranger as Regnum marksman. High range, super damage, medium defense. There you have range increment penalty (lb has 110ft range, and on every additional you get some small penalty on attack roll). Which means in our case no range penalty should be applied for the range of the bow. Everything above it can have small influence on accuracy but I think NGD wont implement it, as it requires additional calculation, and they often tend to find some simple solutions with as small as possible resource consuming. Or maybe they have something like that already, but not tuned. No idea about that, we barely receive any word from NGD about balance plans or mechanics.

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #62
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anpu View Post
Idea behind this suggestion is to "weak" a bit marksman's defence comparing to other archers (hunters). Since marksman has as its tools range and damage, he doesnt need much armor then but at least one defense spell accessible. Strategic position will protect marks from range attacks as he is primary ranged unit too, while in the same time hunter will have more defensive spells in return (by moving Acrobatics but if he has pet). As marksman should keep enemy on distance, he can use Evasive tactics when rushing enemy is not really stoppable, to have at least some small melee defense till he pulls up and rebuild distance. I think then marksman's play would be a bit trickier, more funny or just a little less boring than now. I could be wrong.
this will only benefit lv 60 hunters, it is impossible for a lv 50ish hunter to skill
evade tree pet tree, scout tree, tricks tree and bow tree,
where tricks, scout, bow and evade tree are a must

and be honest, lv 60 hunters dont have a (huge) problem overall,
they got some damage, coz of their lvl, got a few more spells, coz of their lvl
and more armor, coz of their lvl

its the lvls below 60 where hunters really struggle.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #63
Mehran
Initiate

Mehran is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sorry guys, but the truth is...

First off, dont over think classes right now. The real issue is WMs. I get it, they are "warmasters" but does that mean they should be gods?? I mean no slow is enough to counter horn of the wind and the supposed fastest class (hunter) cannot even catch them with 32% movement speed (15%ensnare+7%passive+10%mobility). That is ridiculous. Moreover, the banners dont even make sense. Warbanner of Offensive gives cc' reduction?? Warmaster of defense gives hp?? Wtf?? It should be warbanner of offensive gives 15% weapon damage (something the other realm can deal with.. It's just a weapon bless, pick it up mages, that means 30% total), and defensive banner should give 100% armor. And the horn of the wind... No. Just no. If you want something for a quick rush, make it horn of no cc which gives 50 cc resist for 10 seconds with a 50second cd. And the teles need work too...but get the essentials right first.
Mehran no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #64
Quincebo
Baron

Quincebo is on a distinguished road

I also want wm beacons removed.
I would like a sub-class spells.
Like these for example:
Hunters: Spell that Camoes a small zerg (Camoes 10 or maybe 15 people for 20-30seconds)
Marksman: Spell that increases everyones attack range for a short time
Knights: Spell that gives everyone an very good defence bonus for a short time
Barbarians: Spell that gives an good attack bonus for a short time/1 hit bonus
Warlocks: Spell that gives everyone a mana bonus or gives everyone a fast mana regeneration
Conjurers: Spell that heals everyone for an higher rate then ordinary healing spells

But were more switching to other discussion right now
Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #65
Mehran
Initiate

Mehran is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincebo View Post

But were more switching to other discussion right now
Well stop! :P
Mehran no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #66
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anpu View Post

I didnt look from that angle like you did, I looked more like comparison hunter-knight, marksman-barb. Barb has less armor than knight but has more damage, like marksman has over hunter. I think it wouldnt impact on marksman's possibility to still keep ranged pressure as he will have access to range defense. His only downside would be if his target reaches him, which is IMO how it should be. Range is his power. I know beacons make things even harder but if we ignore them just for a moment, we *might* be able to come up with some neat suggestions. Correct me Enio in case I misunderstood you. In one hand your quote above indeed sound somewhat right to me at first.
Hm well, imho removing acro from marks would hurt ranged def hard as it mainly comes from stacking the %ual resists and evasive together. However thats could be tweaked by changing the def % on stratpos. But giving stratpos to hunters i dont really see why they should be so tanky on range. Rather increase stratpos working distance so it can be abused by i.e. hunters and warlocks. If its r25 a hunter could attack from close range via camou.

On the other hand forcing marks to stick on that high range doesnt sound too nice for me dynamicwise - maybe something along "on high range, good def decent steady dmg, on low range low def but good burst dmg" could be fun. Somehow allow "risky" play to be rewarded. I just think on old r25 DS how it made marks storm the front to get it in, using their SoW n stuff to not die in the process..
It was way more fun and i think alot of the current frustration about marks comes from the fact that you cant touch them if they dont want you to, and there is really no reason atm to get in low range.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #67
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrived View Post
Im sorry guys, but the truth is...
That this is something that NGD could have fixed during a coffee break.

There is some issues so obvious and some solutions so simple. Especially for Horn of the wind, that is the main cause of grief for low levels and grinders and that have the far worst implication on gameplay in general.

This one big letdown, i just cant find any excuse good enough to let these spells ruin gameplay for well over a year.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote