Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 12-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
rossi
Initiate

rossi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluzz View Post
Maybe NGD should add some Guards near the spawn area, or make a little safe zone.
This please.

What about to add more than One resurrection spot, can be for all players or for each realm.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
blood-raven
Master

blood-raven is on a distinguished road

I never even got in

*NOTICE* you must be atleast this skilled to get in

Damn
Old 12-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #13
Imago-Thunderfist
Initiate

Imago-Thunderfist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by erttzzadfk View Post
Kill-Death-Ratio

I think it's needed to report players who only joined TDM to spend frags without fighting. That really sucks for the whole team when someone like that takes the place of someone who would have fight for his team.
Only a few screens of a very bad kill/death-ratio shouldnt be a reason for any bans (at TDM) but it think kill-ratio makes sense for this kind of abuse.

I like this new kind of competition and it would be nice to keep it fair.
Bad idea.

If 3 members of some-one's team are afk, the other 5 will get farmed at the respawn spot. If the farmers are clever they will kill the 5 that are playing more often than the 3 not playing ones, for those 5 endanger their farming, this will cause more deaths for the ones that do fight. Even if they manage to get some kills, there are still classes that don't get final hits, like conjurers (and I find it very hard on knight as well). So the idea of using K/D-ratios to check whether some-one has been fighting will not help. Especially because any conjurer that is fighting (or not) won't have any kills and, if he's not lucky, (a lot of) deaths.

Maybe there could be some sort of a poll for the players of a team to vote whether a player must be kicked or not, this window would pop up after 2-3 minutes of inactivity from that particular player. Because banning people that are afk in an instance will not solve the problem, kicking them out on the spot and letting new people in will. To ban some-one should be a last resort measure when his behavior is unacceptable, not something that is overused for every minor thing like going to the toilet and finding out you're out of toiletpaper.
Imago-Thunderfist no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #14
erttzzadfk
Banned

erttzzadfk is an unknown quantity at this point

So simply put an afk-kicker into deathmatch too to "protect" players being reported like i posted it. Polls by users would make too much trouble..and bigger clans could use it to kick other players for clanmates to join...(mages etc still earn rps in a match. Would be good to see them too at the table btw).

What is really needed to be changed at DEATHMATCH imo:
- Status how many players of each realm are really waiting for a match (!)
- Protection of the spawnarea
- fix of the mechanism for equal teams (not: 5 vs 8 vs 6...etc)...perhaps leaving a team should mean losing championpoints or some other kind of malus to avoid it like necro in the next match(es).
And i would prefer 6 vs 6 vs 6 too. 2 players of every class (not subclass)
2 archers 2 mages 2 warriors.
Not that much populated servers would be able to do matches faster then atm and it would be a simple "rule" to keep smth like "classbalance" there.

I really believe it would be much more fun to try it like that.

PS: Atm it's horrible but i do really believe it could be a very interesting perspective for RO in future...(steam, league..).

Last edited by erttzzadfk; 12-28-2012 at 02:25 AM.
erttzzadfk no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #15
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

The infamous spawn camping...

First person shooter games fix this by adding telefragging. When you spawn, everyone in your immediately location is destroyed.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
JainFarstrider
Initiate

JainFarstrider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago-Thunderfist View Post
Bad idea.

If 3 members of some-one's team are afk, the other 5 will get farmed at the respawn spot. If the farmers are clever they will kill the 5 that are playing more often than the 3 not playing ones, for those 5 endanger their farming, this will cause more deaths for the ones that do fight. Even if they manage to get some kills, there are still classes that don't get final hits, like conjurers (and I find it very hard on knight as well). So the idea of using K/D-ratios to check whether some-one has been fighting will not help. Especially because any conjurer that is fighting (or not) won't have any kills and, if he's not lucky, (a lot of) deaths.

Maybe there could be some sort of a poll for the players of a team to vote whether a player must be kicked or not, this window would pop up after 2-3 minutes of inactivity from that particular player. Because banning people that are afk in an instance will not solve the problem, kicking them out on the spot and letting new people in will. To ban some-one should be a last resort measure when his behavior is unacceptable, not something that is overused for every minor thing like going to the toilet and finding out you're out of toiletpaper.
Perhaps a ban from joining instances if too many reports have been filed against you for AFK? It won't solve the problem immediately but could help players think twice about joining a match and going AFK whenever. It adds an incentive for players not to just join an instance even if they know they may have to leave mid-fight.

Search up Leaver Buster on google.