Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #41
AariEv
Initiate

AariEv is on a distinguished road

Please do me a favor and read my entire post next time before making a reply like this.

Quote:
...Time to condemn you instead for saying that , in a dragon cave, a realm votes for a wish, when someone invades there are alot of people on for that to happen and that lot of people will be at the cave voting for the wish, voting for the wish wasnt ttaking advantage of other realms, people were just playing the game with all it had to offer for the achievers of a successful set of invasions, back then it was ignis night invasions, then it was syrtis morning invasions that you are talking about, and now its alsius turn i guess, it will always happen so why cry about it like children ? just play the game with what it has to offer and have fun
Read the following. I don't like repeating myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarisewan
The simple fact is that if any realm has a much higher population compared to that of the other two, that realm will "abuse" it's numbers. Over the years playing this game, I've seen it with each realm. In actuality, we can't really call it "abuse" because they're doing nothing but playing the game and looking for war..... in a game which thrives on war.
Anyway, next...

Quote:
my initial point on this reply was at you saying that only a handful were taking advantage of the situation to get draconic gems and wmc, well you are deeply wrong every1 that invaded voted for it, the wish that is chosen is chosen by everyone and everyone helped with the invasions, why start conspiracy theories? you are not jesse ventura:P
Um no, you're wrong. First of all, the wish that is chosen is not chosen by everyone; The wish that is chosen is chosen by the majority. Secondly, those invasions months ago were led and motivated by certain players who wanted to do nothing but invade (even after Syrtis had done it countless times). Sure, you can easily say that "every1 invaded", but we both know the players who were adamant about constantly invading despite the current state of the game. A lot of players just followed because there was nothing better to do. Everyone did not share the same attitude so don't attempt to say that all of Syrtis did. All you have to do is read some forums or even talk to some of the core Syrtis players and you'd know this.

Quote:
please share some of those ideals with us, i am actually curious to know them, i must be one of the people who dont have them, since only a few do
I'd be wasting my time

Quote:
i think this advice applies well to you on this post you've made @.@ the part of players speaking for "us" as a whole
My opinion is my own and my obversations are my own as well (as it should be). Either you've misunderstood my point or you're intentionally being ignorant.

Last edited by Aarisewan; 01-03-2013 at 07:16 PM.
AariEv no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #42
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

Well this thread has gone way off topic from some poor new players introduction to this balance discussion . May as well continue to derail it!

I have to disagree with you Kit. As others have said, it is due to failed mechanics that those daily Syrtis invasions took place. There is no system in place to maintain balance in all 3 realms simultaneously. For some reason, Syrtis is more attractive to new players than the other two. It is no fault of any Syrtis player that they ended up in Syrtis, as let's be honest, how many people actually browsed the forum before picking their realm, I highly doubt many of them did. Furthermore there is little information when deciding to pick your realm and for new players it's impossible to tell which realm has what level of population.

What would you have people do? A lot of time is invested in getting a character up to level 60 and if you happen to be in an overpopulated realm you don't want to grind your character to a high enough level and then decide not to take part in war because of imbalance. I am sure that there are very few people who actually took part in these invasions with the intent of causing distress to other people.

I remember defending against Ignis night crew, and I remember how helpless Syrtis was back then. I also remember the amount of rage quits during these invasions and how it actually affected people emotionally. People get so immersed in the game that they lose the concept of a game, it is supposed to be fun, but, who can have fun constantly losing with no chance of a come back, not many people that's for sure. So, I understand why people feel the way they do about Syrtis, but in my eyes, it is not their fault they had a zerg to play with.

What made it worse was the need to become a WM and get coins, it encouraged the farming and invasions even more as people strived to get to the endgame.

I agree with ieti and Aari, there were many Syrtians who refused to take part in this zerg game play. For me personally, I didn't find it challenging nor entertaining to play in this manner. I also remembered how many people felt during Ignis night invasions and I didn't want to inflict that on whoever was at the other end. So, in most cases my trip to a fort with Syrtis ended in a suicide run. But hey, most of these Syrtians are new players, they have not experienced how it feels to constantly lose with zero chance of winning, and they cannot be blamed for simply playing the game.

Also agree with Aari, those Syrtians who boasted about their multiple daily invasions did not speak on my behalf nor did they represent my views while I was in Syrtis.

In conclusion if you prefer not to read the wall of text above , I would not blame Syrtis as a whole as all they did was simply play the game with what mechanics were in place back then. The responsibility belongs to the developers for not being able to maintain a balanced server.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #43
Wyatt
Count

Wyatt will become famous soon enoughWyatt will become famous soon enough

Topic was to welcome a user, not a topic to be used for another discussion. I suggest you all read the forum regulation for this sub-forum.

To the creator of the thread, if you have any questions, don't doubt in posting them in Questions to the Community forum.

Closing this. Use the proper forum to discuss balance following the rules for such forum.

Thanks!
Wyatt no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread