Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #11
Plo8383
Pledge

Plo8383 is on a distinguished road

I agree that everything can still be useful but you have to make sure that the info is still viable...The devs in some games have been known to drastically change certain abilities over time. That's really why I was so unsure and asking. I'm really happy with all the info that I got and I think that every conjurer that is new can take this thread as help to get everything started from a recent point of vue.
Plo8383 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
Imago-Thunderfist
Initiate

Imago-Thunderfist is on a distinguished road

My support setup at level 57, you might notice the absence of several spells. They are missing in my build because I find them not good enough for some of the cooldowns :P
Imago-Thunderfist no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #13
AlsianLamai
Pledge

AlsianLamai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago-Thunderfist View Post
My support setup at level 57, you might notice the absence of several spells. They are missing in my build because I find them not good enough for some of the cooldowns :P
Interesting.

You take Mind Blank over Karma Mirror (which has saved me more than once in a very bad fight).

I tend to level Mana Communion to 2 (no more than 3), the same for Mana Pylon (which is probably an err on my part, still thats my preference).

I also note your not skilling Insightful at all. This may be remiss. I would think that skilling insightful all the way may make up for the cooldown issues that you state you may experience.

Just my thoughts.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Usually Insightfull was skilled on 1 before to get overwrap duration on Devotion and recast it faster without problem. With recent change of instant cast time i think Insightfull can be dropped for good.

Mana Community is dunno before was a good spell. Now is pretty slow to regenerate. It was proposed to make it 30 tick / 30 sec duration to make it usable but...

If you use Mana Pylon max it. It bulds pretty slow. One problem it have is it do not affects caster and pylon stack is dropped when there is freeze. Other problem is pylon can be broken pretty easy with burst rapid damage without a chance to regen after. This was achieved before with area rushes on fort doors. Dunno why people stopped to do this - it was pretty usual to see locks with crystal blast and barbs with areas to break pylons and kill ppl.

Mind Blank is pretty unreliable, but it works. Skill if you can it helps alot.

Karma mirror is another defense buff when your barrier is broken. You can alternate barrier - karma - barrier. You can use karma + regen self to parry dot's. As a plus karma is pretty bad for marks as they will get damage returned from recharged and karma.

--

Feel free to ask without worries. I think there are enough conjus here that can answer pretty good. Regarding setups i think it is best not to copy them. Look how they are made, try to think how are they used and what spells. Make your own with spells you like to use. Optimize and squeeze every point. Every player have it's own preferences and style, so to take setup can feel uncomfortable.

Still usable spells are not alot, so you can freely check multiple setups and get what spells are used and how.

There was old threads for every class in this forums which can be outdated, but can give you tips how to play.

Last edited by ieti; 03-13-2013 at 10:41 AM.
ieti no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plo8383 View Post
I agree that everything can still be useful but you have to make sure that the info is still viable...The devs in some games have been known to drastically change certain abilities over time. That's really why I was so unsure and asking. I'm really happy with all the info that I got and I think that every conjurer that is new can take this thread as help to get everything started from a recent point of vue.
Here's another site that might be helpful to you, it maybe be a bit outdated though.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
Piotin
Pledge

Piotin is on a distinguished road

My new setup since the last changes:

http://goo.gl/AGDOr

Crap setup if you care about RP though ^^
Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #17
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotin View Post
My new setup since the last changes:

http://goo.gl/AGDOr

Crap setup if you care about RP though ^^
Care more how can you play most comfortably for you and your team mates.
Anyway, regarding your setup, it's good, I play similar to that, though in my opinion(doesn't mean you have to change that) I would put those two points in Mana Pool somewhere else. Greater Regeneration, or in Self heals(one in each if you want)
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote